+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6433Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2452571;
    Well, that's another thing, I have caller ID. If I don't know you, I'm not answering. Period. Leave your message for my shoes, because that's about all the attention you are getting here, .
    And how many times do we get home and there are numerous "private" "out of areas" or "blocked" with NO messages on the machine?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I Is Stephanie

Do we know if these "do not call lists" for solitications expire? I just took a call from someone asking for a "Steven Diploma"...

For starteers, my dad hasn't been called Steven in almost 10 yers, he introduces himself as Steve, and even the company he works for recognizes him as Steve. Or Steve-o. Either works.

And then secondly, our last name is not Diploma. Diploma is a little paper that you get when you graduate from high school/college. While out name might look like Diploma, it only takes half a second to realize that it is NOT Diploma. That would be a rather pointless last name. (No offense to anyone whose last name might actually be Diploma.)

My mom is always saying "you have the wrong number," but my dad always said that you need to scare them away...No, daddy's not home right now, but I have to write a 50-page paper on people who annoy me, can I read it to you for errors? Don't worry, you won't be bored, incidently, the first name on my list are the telemarketers at [company's name]! I'm sure you'll be speechless at the end!

Neither works, does anyone have ANY idea how to get the same person to stop calling? Just last night, we took 3 calls from the same company, if not the same person!
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Pick it up, don't even listen, don't talk, just hang up again. Loudly. Slam it down. Eventually, the message gets across.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2452574;
    Do we know if these "do not call lists" for solitications expire? I just took a call from someone asking for a "Steven Diploma"...

For starteers, my dad hasn't been called Steven in almost 10 yers, he introduces himself as Steve, and even the company he works for recognizes him as Steve. Or Steve-o. Either works.

And then secondly, our last name is not Diploma. Diploma is a little paper that you get when you graduate from high school/college. While out name might look like Diploma, it only takes half a second to realize that it is NOT Diploma. That would be a rather pointless last name. (No offense to anyone whose last name might actually be Diploma.)

My mom is always saying "you have the wrong number," but my dad always said that you need to scare them away...No, daddy's not home right now, but I have to write a 50-page paper on people who annoy me, can I read it to you for errors? Don't worry, you won't be bored, incidently, the first name on my list are the telemarketers at [company's name]! I'm sure you'll be speechless at the end!

Neither works, does anyone have ANY idea how to get the same person to stop calling? Just last night, we took 3 calls from the same company, if not the same person!
    I think the one I did was for 5 years.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have caller ID, too, and don't usually answer, but my son had just started a new job, and I thought it might have something to do with him. Wrong Again!!! Just reinforces why I have the caller ID. I don't mind not having any messages on my machine. It's probably just "sonny-boy's" friends, anyway.

I've also managed to get off the unsolicited credit card and life insurance applications through the mail, recently. There is a number that you call, and they will stop the madness significantly. And it took effect really quickly. Gives my shredder a rest. It's also a 5 year deal.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-26-2007 at 06:18 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2452574;
    Do we know if these "do not call lists" for solitications expire?
    I've only had one telemarketer call since I signed up with donotcall.gov a year or two ago, and I reported that one, and never got called again

I Is Stephanie

So our household must be some sort of laughingstock with TPTB. The list never worked for us. Either that or dad registerd wrong, which he has ben known to do.

Interesting, lei, very interesting.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Did you try telling them "DO NOT CALL THIS NUMBER AGAIN!" instead of making up an excuse or whatever? And obviously, if you look at the caller ID, and it's no one you knoow, not answering...
    I haven't had any trouble after putting my # on the do not call list, either, but sometimes companies I have done business with call--that's legal. I just tell them not to call my home, and they don't call anymore.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I Is Stephanie

Yep. Always. Tha's the first thing we do, then tell them they have wthe wrong number, then I launch into my term papeer thingy...

I don't know. I think I'll just have dad re-register or something, see if that works.

Even if you're on the do not call list, charitable organizations and political candidates are exempt. They can still call you. And clearly do, judging from this thread.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread