+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 2433 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152921425421042 ... LastLast
Like Tree5849Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    misskitty: I've only had one turkey sandwich that was better. The restaurant made loaves of bread from sage stuffing. Sliced the bread and used it to make a traditional turkey sandwich with slices of actual turkey breast meat. In addition to the mayo, tomato and lettuce they added a bit of orange/cranberry sauce. Best turkey sandwich I ever had.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Cranberry sauce in a sandwich rocks. But sage stuffing bread!!

Sorry to hear about the mail service some of you experience. Mine is usually fairly good. They rotate carriers every six months so they don't get bored with the same routes. But maybe mail package delivery people are different.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I am on the NEXT plane! I LOVE Thanksgiving dinner. I often order turkey and dressing and mashed potatos and cranberry sauce if we go out to eat and the restaurant serves it. Next best thing is the swansen frozen turkey dinner. funny, but I never make a turkey any other time than Thanksgiving, go figure.

That sub is making my mouth water.
    When I want a turkey dinner without all the fuss, I make turkey meatloaf. I use Stovetop stuffing instead of bread crumbs, and jarred gravy instead of tomato sauce, both in the meatloaf and spooned on top for the last few minutes of baking. Chopped onion and celery optional. Mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce on the side. Easy and pretty yummy.

mmmmm on the Turkey sandwiches.

I make a Turkey breast a lot as my youngest loves Turkey.

Our mail ends up in boxes up and down the street. We have a route where it's a different carrier all the time and I get mail for houses that are down the street and they get mine. It's rather frustrating. Then I talk to my friend who lives about 1 mile away and she has had the same letter carrier for 10 years and never has a problem.

Makes you wonder what is the issue with our route?
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by anemone View Post
    When I want a turkey dinner without all the fuss, I make turkey meatloaf. I use Stovetop stuffing instead of bread crumbs, and jarred gravy instead of tomato sauce, both in the meatloaf and spooned on top for the last few minutes of baking. Chopped onion and celery optional. Mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce on the side. Easy and pretty yummy.

Oh, that sounds good. Must try it.

The best turkey sandwhich I've ever had was in Key West. It was on homemade sourdough bread, turkey, lettuce, tomato, bacon and avocado, alfalpha sprouts and mayo. DIVINE! I try to make it here and its still good, but not as good as that one. I dont' make homemade bread is why.

I ate at Chili's the other night and they had the build your own burger. Oh, I am in LOVE now. I had a burger with provolone cheese, fried onion blossom fingers, lettuce, mayo, mustard and avocado sauce. TO DIE FOR!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I keep watching those build your own burger commercials and I'm really tempted by them.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp View Post
    I keep watching those build your own burger commercials and I'm really tempted by them.

29 items you can put on them. I'm meeting a friend at Chili's for lunch today and I am going to try a different combo burger today.

Got to get to Chili's for a burger. They are awesome. And what's funny? I've never ordered a burger at Chili's before this. I usually go for one of their salads, or the Asian lettuce wraps or my all time favorite fajitas.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Well, good morning. I'm actually up. I was supposed to be at the Grand Prix by now watching the races, listening to the bands, but I'm not. My evil twin sinister decided late last night that we're not going to go until this afternoon. Maybe we'll actually catch the last race.

The kitties are out grazing in the back 40 and the heat is rising. I haven't tried those yummy sounding Chili's burgers, but I do have a Chili's cap I was going to wear. That's probably as close to the burger as I'll get today!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

re: the mail. Before I started dating my husband I was dating... the mailman. He wasn't my home mailman, he was the bloke who delivered at my place of work. Here in Sudbury the post boxes have heavy canvas bags hanging in them that catch all of the mail. The mail collectors just have to cinch the drawstring and throw the whole bag into the truck, nothing is thrown loosely into the truck.
    The mailmen here have to bid on their routes and it's a matter of union and seniority. They can bid on holiday routes when another carrier is off. So unless they are 'newbies' the route they have is the one they chose.
    Canada Post carriers are paid for 8 hours a day no matter how long they work. They arrive at the sorting station at 7am, the mail for their route is dumped in a big pile and they have to sort it by house themselves then they pack the bag that they carry as well as several other bags that they pick up along their routes (that are delivered there by truck) The gray boxes that you see hold these additional bags.
    My ex and his buddies would finish by about 1pm in the summer, then spend the rest of the day sitting at a local bar. In winter they would be done about 3pm (full 8 hours) but Christmas they were lucky if they were done by 5pm (10hours)
    And there you have it, more than you ever wished to know about your mail.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    My evil twin sinister
    What in the world did your sister do to piss you off?

+ Reply to Thread