+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6414Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

You did the right thing! (as if there was any doubt). Still, it could have gotten ugly, so feel good about it. He's just lucky you didn't involve the police. The girl must be feeling pretty low about now. Stupid guy. Stupid, stupid guy. What was he thinking? And then locking you out? Like that wasn't going to get back to the neighbor. Stupid.
    Count your blessings!

Premium Member

The Green Glass Door game posts have been moved to the Fun & Games forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2450313;
    The Green Glass Door game posts have been moved to the Fun & Games forum.
    Thank You Marleybone
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Kat--you've got to let us know what happens when the teenage girl gets home ...unless her mom pressures her and gets her back up I can't believe he doesn't get dumped.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2450412;
    Kat--you've got to let us know what happens when the teenage girl gets home ...unless her mom pressures her and gets her back up I can't believe he doesn't get dumped.
    They got home a little bit ago. My neighbor came over to bring my birthday gift and she informed me that the boy had left before they got home. Chicken. He hasn't seen his girlfriend in over 2 weeks and he leaves before she gets home? Anyhoo...he lied to all of them. He said the girl who was there was Heather, a friend of Abby's and his buddy's girlfriend. I've lived in this town for 8 years, my oldest son is the same age as Abby and Heather and I know these kids. That girl was NOT Heather. He also told them that he didn't bring in the beer and was telling everyone to leave when I arrived. Yeah right. I watched him and the mystery girl carry the beer in. I wasn't spying...I was folding towels in my laundry room and my laundry room faces their backyard.

Anyway, Angie sent her daughter over so I could tell her who the girl was. I guess she didn't believe her mother. I'm not sure she is convinced that her boyfriend is lying. I guess now, it's up to her mother and step-father on how they want to handle it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2450483;
    They got home a little bit ago. My neighbor came over to bring my birthday gift and she informed me that the boy had left before they got home. Chicken. He hasn't seen his girlfriend in over 2 weeks and he leaves before she gets home? Anyhoo...he lied to all of them. He said the girl who was there was Heather, a friend of Abby's and his buddy's girlfriend. I've lived in this town for 8 years, my oldest son is the same age as Abby and Heather and I know these kids. That girl was NOT Heather. He also told them that he didn't bring in the beer and was telling everyone to leave when I arrived. Yeah right. I watched him and the mystery girl carry the beer in. I wasn't spying...I was folding towels in my laundry room and my laundry room faces their backyard.

Anyway, Angie sent her daughter over so I could tell her who the girl was. I guess she didn't believe her mother. I'm not sure she is convinced that her boyfriend is lying. I guess now, it's up to her mother and step-father on how they want to handle it.
    Since she can't imagine YOU have any reason to lie she must think you are so old your eyes are failing...wow, the power to want to believe what we want to believe. Well, I'm guessing she can just ask Heather....

They've had all day to think up a lie alibi an innocent explanation, and that's the best they can come up with? Have they never heard of "plausible deniability"?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

When we had the foreign exchange student live with us, she was almost 19 and was due to go back in a week. She had been witih us a year. We went to my brother's for a weekend and she asked to stay behind so she could spend the last weekend with her friends. This was just after Christmas.

My first clue that something had gone on was that the house was immaculate when we got home. I KNEW then there had been a party. (I was not born yesterday, I was her age once too). Then when I sat down, looked at the Christmas tree and saw the Heinekin label on it (and we don't drink Heinikin), I got up and confronted her. She apologized, etc. We explained that had any of her underage friends been in an accident, etc., that we could have been sued, we didn't appreciate what she did, etc.
    I went outside and found pot on the patio table. I walked back in and told her right then, to pack her bags, I didn't care if she had a week to go, she had to find another place to stay, I was calling the exchange agency. I was MAD!! She cried and convinced us to let her stay until she had to go to the airport, but I was more than glad to see her go.
    There was an issue about drinking the entire time she stayed with us. She had been legal in her home country and we kept saying, that she was in THIS country now and the age was 21 and too bad.
    But my husband and I both lit into her about her actions as she was a GUEST in OUR home, she put us at risk and our daughter and that we did not appreciate the fact that she had absolutely NO respect for us whatsoever.

Had this party happened earlier, I would not have allowed her to stay. And the rules with the exchange agency forbid drinking and drugs. If caught, their rules were that the student would be sent back home. As she was leaving in less than a week anyway, it was kind of a moot point, but her life was miserable that last week because I was a witch the entire time.

My point is, that you ALWAYS get caught. Something always happens to trip you up.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I don't blame you, MRD. People need to be more respectful. I can't believe how disrespectful the younger generation is. It amazes me that their parents let them get away with it. If I'd ever talked any other way than with utmost respect to any adult, I'd have wooden spoon prints from knee to tailbone when I was growing up.

My neighbors house is always clean, but cluttered. She is an avid reader and there is always piles of books everywhere. She reads them, passes them on and then aquires more..lol. When I walked in, the clutter was gone. He had cleaned before the party. I guess he didn't want to be embarrassed. Little turd. For some reason, that ticked me off. In my eyes it was just another nose thumbing at my neighbor.

You're a great neighbor, Kat.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread