+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2449713;
    Thanks, Gabriel! I'll keep an eye out for it, and try to catch the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2449719;
    gabriel, never knew you were a teacher. God Bless You!
    Heh - I'm not a teacher but I think James Earl Jones is one of the more captivating actors of our time. A commanding voice and presence.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

My Mum has given me explicit instructions of what she wants to happen at her memorial service. One, she wants to be cremated, I had issues with that when I was younger, but now I am okay with it. Two, she wants whoopie cushions under everyones seats so when everyone sits down there should be loud farting noises
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2449760;
    My Mum has given me explicit instructions of what she wants to happen at her memorial service. One, she wants to be cremated, I had issues with that when I was younger, but now I am okay with it. Two, she wants whoopie cushions under everyones seats so when everyone sits down there should be loud farting noises

Should have thought of that at my parents service. My dad's other favorite "weapon".

I want to be there when you go shopping for dozens of whoopie cushions.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Whew! We've had some excitement tonight! My neighbors are on vacation (due back tomorrow) and they left their daughters boyfriend to tend to the house while they are gone. I usually do it, but he got a job in this area, so they let him stay there so he wouldn't have to drive so far to work. Anyway, he decided to throw a party tonight. He is 18 and just graduated. I was in my laundry room when I saw him walking in with a girl and their hands were full of beer. So I called my neighbors cell phone to let her know. As the mother of teens, she would do the same for me. She sent me over to play enforcer while she called to ream him out. I told them they all had to leave. I came back home and waited 15 minutes. When I looked out, all the cars were still there, so I called my neighbor back. She sent me back over with orders not to leave until the house was cleared out. I went over and realized they had locked me out. You should have seen their faces when I walked in, holding up my key to the house! Classic!

Anyway, I cleared them all out. They weren't too happy about it, but poo happens, you know? My neighbor just spent five long years working her tail off to get her nursing degree. The last thing she needs is for that to be taken away because minors were drinking in her house. She was livid.

He's also in deep doodoo with his girlfriend because the party consisted of 2 guys and 6 girls. When I left, he looked like someone had stolen his birthday... The sad thing is....all of the girls there are friends of Abby's. They are on the cheerleading squad with her and they are the girls she hangs out with. Nice friends.

You know, kat, I feel a bit guilty about sitting here laughing, but I sure am doing just that!

Good for you - if I ever need to go on vacation, and require a house-sitter, you are hired.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2449062;
    The space shuttle Atlantis landed at Edwards Air Force base today, and my God, there was no doubt when that happened. My entire house rocked (not this kind of but you know what I mean). I thought maybe a car had rammed us, and Howard took off like a bat out of hell heading for some place to tuck his huge body. We're not even that close to it - I can't imagine what it was like for those who live nearby.
    I didn't know you live near Edwards, roses. My brother was stationed there back in the mid-1970's and I went out one year to spend Christmas with them. Oh the memories...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2449915;
    WI went over and realized they had locked me out. You should have seen their faces when I walked in, holding up my key to the house! Classic!

He's also in deep doodoo with his girlfriend because the party consisted of 2 guys and 6 girls. When I left, he looked like someone had stolen his birthday... The sad thing is....all of the girls there are friends of Abby's. They are on the cheerleading squad with her and they are the girls she hangs out with. Nice friends.
    I love it! You have a key! The looks on their faces must've been priceless!!!

OK, this boy...I think he's an a-hole. You don't have a PARTY in someone else's house. And you certainly don't invite OTHER GIRLS over to your girlfriend's house while she's gone. I hope the daughter kicks him in the nuts and kicks him to the curb...

And not for nothing, but there is no way I'd leave an 18-year-old to housesit for me. And after this incident, I hope your friend doesn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2449950;
    I love it! You have a key! The looks on their faces must've been priceless!!!

OK, this boy...I think he's an a-hole. You don't have a PARTY in someone else's house. And you certainly don't invite OTHER GIRLS over to your girlfriend's house while she's gone. I hope the daughter kicks him in the nuts and kicks him to the curb...

And not for nothing, but there is no way I'd leave an 18-year-old to housesit for me. And after this incident, I hope your friend doesn't either.

Oh yeah! I met my neighbor when my oldest and her oldest were about a 1 1/2 years old. She worked in a nursing home where my friend worked and I used to take my son around to see the elderly. They enjoyed it so much. Anyway, Angie and I became friends. When we bought the house next to her (a fluke, not on purpose) we were both pretty happy about that. We exchanged keys for emergency purposes soon after. When they are gone, I feed their cats and when we are gone, they feed our dogs and let them out. It's a good arrangement. When she decided to leave the butthead at her house, she asked me to keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary. When I saw him walking in with beer, I knew Angie would not approve!

Anyway, Abbie should dump him. With all those girls there and alcohol...throw in teen hormones....:nono

MissThing I take my neighborly duties seriously! I even mow and water their plants for them! LOL..

I Is Stephanie

Oh jeez. If I ever found out that my boyfriend had pulled a crazy stunt like that, I would go crazy on him. (and for the record, only 2 non-family members have ever seen me go CRAZY--like bust-down-a-door crazy.) I mean, I wouldn't bust down a door, but I would be screaming, and that's after I had calmed down. Of course, betraying someone's trust on such a large scale is something I would never do, either. I mean, I've accepted alcohol, but in someone else's house? Uh, not in this life. And I think that even the die-hardest druggies that I know would agree with me on that one.

That's upsetting. Just glad you came in when you did, katgib13.

ETA: Soo...mow their lawn? I have an acre that needs to be tended to...
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13
    he looked like someone had stolen his birthday
    I love that line!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread