+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 2473 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051911415411041 ... LastLast
Like Tree6433Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I am on the NEXT plane! I LOVE Thanksgiving dinner. I often order turkey and dressing and mashed potatos and cranberry sauce if we go out to eat and the restaurant serves it. Next best thing is the swansen frozen turkey dinner. funny, but I never make a turkey any other time than Thanksgiving, go figure.
    This past weekend my wife and I had the whole famdamily over and BBQ'd a "BEER BUT Turkey". It was awesome! We literaly shoved a 32oz. king-can of beer up it's bottom and placed it on the BBQ. It only took about 2 hours til it was done. Then we had summertime versions of all the fixin's -- like a cranberry salad and a potato salad -- to go with the feast.

It really was a ton of fun. Quite a site to see a turkey on the BBQ like that! Fun for the whole family!
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 38.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Do any of you ever wonder how any of our mail reaches anywhere? I'm actually surprised that more doesn't get lost. Sometimes on Saturday, I can see our mail carrier take our outgoing mail from our mailbox and throw it in the back of her truck. And I do mean throw. It's not like there's a bin for it to go to...she just throws it on the floor somewhere... So far, all of our mail has been delivered... But it still amazes me...

And if you're wondering if I have anything better to do than watch the mailman... Um, sometimes no.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun84 View Post
    This past weekend my wife and I had the whole famdamily over and BBQ'd a "BEER BUT Turkey". It was awesome! We literaly shoved a 32oz. king-can of beer up it's bottom and placed it on the BBQ. It only took about 2 hours til it was done. Then we had summertime versions of all the fixin's -- like a cranberry salad and a potato salad -- to go with the feast.

It really was a ton of fun. Quite a site to see a turkey on the BBQ like that! Fun for the whole family!

Didn't that taste rather aluminummy?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Didn't that taste rather aluminummy?
    Not at all, the half-full beer can lodged in it's posterior lets out all sorts of great moisture -- it ends up being an increadibly juicy bird.

BBQ people do this all the time with regular sized beer cans and chicken. We just Monster Sized it!
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 38.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

We do the turkey meal on Thanksgiving Day, and I buy up several turkeys when they're real cheap just before Thanksgiving..to put in my freezer. I'll fix one now and then throughout the year that way.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by Sun84 View Post
    Not at all, the half-full beer can lodged in it's posterior lets out all sorts of great moisture -- it ends up being an increadibly juicy bird.
    *Ahem* What happened to the other half of the beer?

I haven't heard this done for a turkey, but the chicken turns out nicely.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Visualize me, prayerfully, on my knees thanking God that I am not a chicken or a turkey.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

UncleDavid: That turkey sandwich sounds great...and like one that is available at a little sandwich shop here all year round. My favorite every time I go there; with a piece of home made pie.

gabriel: You answered your own question...."Didn't that taste rather alumi-nummy?" It's nummy! That's like yummy! Does no-one else ever say nummy?? We've said that ever since we was kids.

That half-can of beer is sounding pretty good right now. Hmmm. Gotta look in my refrigerator....anyone for the other half? I promise I won't stick it up your butt.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post

That half-can of beer is sounding pretty good right now. Hmmm. Gotta look in my refrigerator....anyone for the other half? I promise I won't stick it up your butt.
    WEll since you promised, then I'll take the other half!

Lois, I hear you on the mail. It's taken ome of our blockbuster online DVD's 2 weeks to show up at the cental distributing center. Usually they have it the next day. I know the post office held it up as I mailed it there. I also mailed 2 birthday cards and 2 packages on May 17 and no one got them until the end of May. The cards were local and the packages were to towns an hour away by car. And the mailman broke the door off our mailbox and propped it up next to the mailbox. No apology or anything. ARGGG
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I am with all of you about the mail service. I have seen our mailperson use her truck to purposely knock garbage cans over and I have also seen her parked in a shady spot at the end of our street for several hours. I assume that she is either napping or reading my magazines!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread