+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6170Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I am overly PEEVED at Purolator Courier today. My current research involves collecting samples that can only be analyzed by a lab one province over. Collecting these samples is a logistical nightmare (many stars have to align in order to make everything work) and the samples have to be analyzed within 24 hours of collection or else the data is useless. I was finally able to book everything I needed on Monday and the lab was all set to analyze on Tuesday. We collected the samples, I took them to Purolator to be shipped (in plenty of time and with all the proper labeling) and paid the extra fee to have guaranteed delivery by 10:30 am the next day.

I got an email from the lab the next day that the package was AWOL and I would have to rebook. GGGHHHAAAAA! I estimated that it cost me roughly $1500 to collect these samples in the first place (and about 2 weeks of planning) and now they're useless because Purolator it. To top it all off, I was on hold with them for 20 minutes this morning before I could talk them into reimbursing my shipping fee. I feel like I should get some compensation for the lost samples, too, but I know that's not going to happen. I know these things happen...but I have to rely on prompt courier service to get my samples analyzed. So now I'm set back at least 2 weeks and the weather doesn't look like it's going to cooperate in the near future (yeah, my sampling depends on the weather, too).....
    Don't let the small things sweat

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Spoose, FedEx's packages are guaranteed for something like $1,000 per package. Does Purolator have anything automatic like that as well? How horrible...

In line with crappy service, UPS was unable to find my house because the idiot who sent the package left a number off. OK, that's not UPS's fault. When I didn't get the package, I asked the idiot and that's when she told me about the address...so I called UPS and gave them the correct address. They promised it would be delivered the next day. Nope, nothing. I checked online to see the status and it said that they had an incorrect address so they were MAILING me a postcard asking for the right address. And they sent a postcard via the U.S. postal system to the WRONG address. BTW, the post office figured out where it should go with the same info that UPS had and I received that post card with no problem.

So, my question is--if UPS knew they had a wrong address, why are they sending postcards to the SAME wrong address instead of contacting the sender and asking them what the correct address is?

Spoose: That's just awful. Can you sue Purolator for damages? Was the package insured?
    Last edited by Marleybone; 06-21-2007 at 09:11 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2446098;
    Serious question - is the chocolate fountain difficult to clean? We got one for Christmas and it's still in the box, mainly because I don't want to deal with the mess.
    We rented a chocolate fountain 3 years ago for my son's wedding. I ended up with the cleaning duties and it was a huge mess to clean. This was a pretty big one compared to what you probably have though. I had to take it apart, the auger was probably the hardest to clean. It was a worse mess because everytime we plugged it in it blew the fuse - we went through all 3 fuses that came with it and ended up just letting it sit there full of chocolate but it never worked. People still dipped in it but the chocolate started to firm up and it wasn't nearly as good. That partially solidified chocolate was awful to clean. Fortunately the rental company refunded our money so we weren't out anything. It's not something I would ever do again.

One of my brothers gave one of my sisters a chocolate fountain as a Christmas gift two years ago. A month later, she was having a Pampered Chef party at her house and was really looking forward to using it. What a pain! I guess she didn't put enough chocolate in it at first because, even though the chocolate pellets melted, there wasn't enough chocolate to go up that auger thing. She tried just adding more chocolate to it, but that didn't work. She ended up having to dump all of the chocolate and start anew.
    Once she got that straightened out, it worked great.

But, the chocolate was kind of "runny" and didn't really stick to the strawberries, pound cake pieces, or angel food pieces. I am trying to remember just what else she had set out. Some things were okay, some things weren't worth the effort.

As the party was winding down, she was talking to the Pampered Chef lady and I think she was kind of expecting me to tackle the task of cleaning the chocolate fountain. No thanks. We both spent way too long cleaning it.

I know she has used it for other parties she has had but, to me, I would much rather use a Fondue set.

MRD

The Boneheaded move I have made today:

I taped the View today and when my husband got home, I said he should watch it as Jon Bon Jovi was on and he has a really good new song out.
    So we watch it and he says:

"I don't understand why they put him on a show like The View"

and I say: "Well its because the demographic that were Bon Jovi fans in the 80's are now the demographic that watches The View. Besides, he's still a nice looking man and appearing on a women's show was probably a smart marketing move. If he was ugly, I doubt they would have given him the time they gave him"

So my husband says: "you're probably right, they wouldn't have booked Peter Frampton as he looks NOTHING like he used too"

And here I go: "yeah, Framptom sure didn't age well, he's kind of like you but you have more hair".

Geez, as soon as it left my mouth, I could have kicked myself. I didn't mean it like it sounded, I meant that I think my husband is better looking and definetly has more hair than the current Peter Framptom, but of course, I said it all wrong. Then I felt really bad and tried to make up for it and didn't make it any better. At least my husband has a great sense of humor and wasn't offended, but he did say (laughingly), "yeah, I'm butt ugly, but with hair!"

Now I have some major kissing up to do after I get both feet out of my mouth!

And my daughter was there too and she hasn't let me forget it either. Sometimes I just can't believe the things that come out of my own mouth!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

We've never had any problem with our chocolate fountain and it was the cheapest one I could find when my daughter wanted one for Christmas. I got it at CVS for around $25 when all the catalogues had them for around $90. It is fairly small and easy to clean, especially if you do it before the chocolate hardens again. It is small enough for the parts to fit in my sink - I don't know how big the bigger ones are. Now back to the party planning!
    Count your blessings!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

So, my question is--if UPS knew they had a wrong address, why are they sending postcards to the SAME wrong address instead of contacting the sender and asking them what the correct address is?
    Cause they're frickin' stupid. I waited all day on monday for a package from them, he got her after i left the house which was 4:30pmish. Luckily, my neighbor got the package and gave it to me upon hearing me blab.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I wish more companies would use USPS. It's probably cheaper, anyway.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2446844;
    We've never had any problem with our chocolate fountain and it was the cheapest one I could find when my daughter wanted one for Christmas. I got it at CVS for around $25 when all the catalogues had them for around $90. It is fairly small and easy to clean, especially if you do it before the chocolate hardens again. It is small enough for the parts to fit in my sink - I don't know how big the bigger ones are. Now back to the party planning!
    The rental one was huge, so none of the parts fit into even the big sinks at the reception hall. I needed to clean it there because I didn't want the mess in my own kitchen, so I was still in my "mother of the groom" gown and trying not to get chocolate all over everything. It was crazy. Since the fountain never worked, by the end of the night the chocolate was all cooled down and it was a bitch to clean. I couldn't get all the chocolate out of the auger so I ended up wrapping that in a garbage bag and doing it at home the next morning. The whole thing was a huge pain from start to finish, but I can see where the smaller ones you buy would be so much easier and nicer.

The other pain in the butt with having it for a big event like a wedding is that it's really hard to keep the little kids from playing around and sticking their fingers in it, plus some adults who should know better just don't get that it's not ok to double dip.

My favorite thing to dip in it was the big marshmallows. We used little stick pretzels for skewers and even the pretzels were good dipped in chocolate.

+ Reply to Thread