+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2439032;
    Has anyone heard about this neat idea? Home. I think there are only 2 places in the US that do this. I think they may be onto something.
    My old boss was planning (and paying for) her son's wedding and the mother of the bride told her about this practice. My boss came to work the next day and we spent weeks laughing at this idea. In fact, I just sent her that link and I'm pretty sure she'll still be laughing. I would be mortified to have a fake cake at my wedding. Plus, smaller cakes can be quite beautiful and they don't have to be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2442265;
    PET PEEVE: People who think our 4 legged critters are property or dumb animals.

While I am at it I may as well tell you something STUPID that I did today.
    I was going to have a TUNA sandwich for lunch and Joey was also bugging me for lunch, so I grabbed the containers out of the refrigerator and put some of his food on his plate, put some of mine on my bread. Put his plate down for him to eat, got a cold soda, sat down took a bite of my sandwich and YEP - I gave myself the Merricks california roll and Joey the Chicken of the sea! YECK!

Don't feel too bad gabriel. My Hubby tells a story about when he was a teenager and came home from a party drunk. He was hungry and went looking in the fridge for food. He found a half a can of tuna and mixed up a tuna salad. You know mayo, pickles, onions etc. Spread it on bread for a sandwich, thought it was great and went to bed. Next morning his Mother asked him if he knew what happened to the can of cat food in the fridge. I think you get the picture.

He has also told the story about the time a cat was moved with a load a furniture into their warehouse. One of the secretaries brought in some dry cat food to try and lure the cat out, or at least make sure it had food and water. She would store the dish of dry food on the dispatch counter during the day and put it down at night. So, Hubby is standing at the counter talking to the dispatcher and reaches into the bowl and takes a handful and starts munching. The dispatcher reaches into the bowl and does the same, so there they are munching and talking. About an hour later the secretary comes out and sees the empty bowl. She asks them what happened and they say they ate it, thought it was snack mix or something. Hubby said the poor woman just about puked that they ate it but he and the other guy said it was pretty good. I made him wash, brush and gargle after that story, before I would kiss him again.
    Finally, after 22 years I got my honeymoon. Niagara Falls in February. Whats next the beach in December?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2442241;
    I have a friend who makes elaborate wedding cakes. That can be, at least, $900.....and they are beautiful, but that is ridiculous.
    I've heard of some costing over $1000. No way would I spend that. The fake cake thing looks real enough that no one at the wedding ever need to know that it was fake. And sheet cakes are relatively inexpensive.
    In fact, we were at a wedding where they had a sheet cake instead of a wedding cake and it was very nice.
    Seems that ANYTHING that is prefaced by the word wedding automatically jacks the price up.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Our wedding cost $40 - the minister's fee. We had it outdoors, barefoot, potluck, wildflowers, recycled dress, my dad playing the violin. I don't get the whole go-into-debt for a wedding.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2442478;
    Our wedding cost $40 - the minister's fee. We had it outdoors, barefoot, potluck, wildflowers, recycled dress, my dad playing the violin. I don't get the whole go-into-debt for a wedding.
    Me either. Wouldn't that money be better used for a downpayment on a house that you will live in and raise your family in?

My brother performed my ceremony, so he was free! Did have to pay for other stuff, but still my wedding was no where in the ball park of most of my friends at the time. My neighbor had gotten married the year before and bought a $3000 wedding dress. This was in 1988 when $3000 was even more of a shocker than it is now! Why do you need that? You wear if for a few hours and then what? She had sons too, so not like her daughter would wear it later.
    And honestly, my wedding was such a blur that I don't remember half of it. So much money and so much to do and then its over quickly and done with.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My wedding was about twice as expensive as Gutmutter's because I bought a new shirt. My ex paid for the divorce, somewhere around $300. Mind you, I paid a hell of a price, too, but I'm only talking about the "ceremony."

Speaking of my wedding shirt, any ideas what I should do with the damn thing? It's a pretty nice flannel shirt, worn twice. Part of me wants to chuck it in the trash, but that goes against my up-bringing. Part of me wants to wear it, but call me sentimental, it was pretty meaningful to me at one time, and also I work with my ex so I don't want her trying to read some symbolism into my wearing it. Donating it to Goodwill crossed my mind, but the sentimental thing stops me. My ex shops at Goodwill and sometimes buys me shirts, so with my luck, it would boomerang back to me.

Hmm . . . her little girl has been bugging me to make a scarecrow . . .
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2442516;
    My wedding was about twice as expensive as Gutmutter's because I bought a new shirt.
    Wow, you're throwing your money around, Newf. But no new Speedo for the wedding? Or did that come for the honeymoon?

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2442523;
    Wow, you're throwing your money around, Newf. But no new Speedo for the wedding? Or did that come for the honeymoon?
    :nono You young whippersnappers don't understand or respect formal occasions.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2442482;
    Me either. Wouldn't that money be better used for a downpayment on a house that you will live in and raise your family in?

My brother performed my ceremony, so he was free! Did have to pay for other stuff, but still my wedding was no where in the ball park of most of my friends at the time. My neighbor had gotten married the year before and bought a $3000 wedding dress. This was in 1988 when $3000 was even more of a shocker than it is now! Why do you need that? You wear if for a few hours and then what? She had sons too, so not like her daughter would wear it later.
    And honestly, my wedding was such a blur that I don't remember half of it. So much money and so much to do and then its over quickly and done with.
    I heard a wedding planner on the radio last week say that she had trouble getting business until someone told her she wasn't charging enough.
    She jacked up her prices and sure enough, business picked up. People thought that because she was inexpensive, she wasn't any good.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Ladies....where are your wedding dresses?? I remember throwing mine in the dumpster several years after my divorce. Geez.....Newf is more sentimental than I am??!! Thank goodness, my son didn't want to wear it!! (Nor did he see me throw it away!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread