+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 2553 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950901405401040 ... LastLast
Like Tree7290Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Rattus: So sorry to hear of all your troubles in the BDTZ,...but that cherry pie sounds mighty forgiving! Save me a little piece please.
    -------------

Has anyone tried the new Subway anniversary lobster sub? That's supposed to have real lobster? Just wondering. The commercials are running pretty frequently here.
    We haven't seen the lobster sub, they are running a tuscan chicken sub ad in our area. Maybe the lobster ones are only in certain areas.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh, my gosh..that lobster sub sounds delicious!! I love Subway, anyway. I actually prefer it to Quiznos. Cheaper, too.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    You all need to come to Las Vegas and try our local sandwich shop. It's called Capriotti's. Great subs, but they have one in particular that is fantastic. (May be lost on Canadians)

It's called the Bobbie! French roll with mayo, shredded roasted turkey, stuffing and cranberry relish. Thanksgiving on a bun. Delish!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    You all need to come to Las Vegas and try our local sandwich shop. It's called Capriotti's. Great subs, but they have one in particular that is fantastic. (May be lost on Canadians)

It's called the Bobbie! French roll with mayo, shredded roasted turkey, stuffing and cranberry relish. Thanksgiving on a bun. Delish!
    I am on the NEXT plane! I LOVE Thanksgiving dinner. I often order turkey and dressing and mashed potatos and cranberry sauce if we go out to eat and the restaurant serves it. Next best thing is the swansen frozen turkey dinner. funny, but I never make a turkey any other time than Thanksgiving, go figure.

That sub is making my mouth water.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post

Nope, that's our Thanksgiving too. Well, not mine and Mr. Rattus', but most other peoples. We just have it in October.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD
    I just looked at the clock and found out its NOON! why am I surprised? Because here I sit in my pj's sipping coffee, playing on the internet and I have accomplished NOTHING. Why you ask? Hubby worked from home this morning. When he does that, my entire routine is disturbed. Coupled with the fact that I have been glued to CNN all morning and just realized that I actually have a LOT I need to do today. How does the time slip away from me. NO, don't answer that. I know very well how it does. I can waste more time than an adolescent boy with a video game!

And I've realized that yes, indeed I've turned into my parents. When anything happened in the world, they would stay glued to the tv like world events depended on their watching of it. Like it was some kind of mission and the world would blow up if they didn't watch CNN 24/7.

Now I'm doing it. ARGH!!! Between the coffee and Hezbollah, I'm a jittering bunch of nerves in flowered pj's. Must. Get. Busy.!!!! (and dressed! )

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    We got so tired of turkey for Thanksgiving and Christmas that we started cooking something unusual for Thanksgiving. Country style ribs! We had trouble keeping drop-bys away at T-Day! We finally decided that we just needed to start making more than we could possibly eat. It's been a real hit! I love throwing a twist into traditional holiday meals. The Christmas turkey was smoked.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    We got so tired of turkey for Thanksgiving and Christmas that we started cooking something unusual for Thanksgiving. Country style ribs! We had trouble keeping drop-bys away at T-Day! We finally decided that we just needed to start making more than we could possibly eat. It's been a real hit! I love throwing a twist into traditional holiday meals. The Christmas turkey was smoked.

WE've never done a Christmas turkey. Only on Thanksgiving. We do a huge prime rib on Christmas. Or a ham, but last few years, its been prime rib and ham on Easter.

After Christmas, I then turn the prime rib bones and some of the leftovers into a wonderful beef vegetable soup. I have never made as good of a beef soup with other cuts of beef. The prime rib bones just really make it!

(yes, I am still here, am going now to get busy. Really. I mean it this time.)

Mr. Rattus is a vegetarian and I don't really care much for a turkey meal (do love turkey sandwiches, though) so about 15 years ago I gave up doing the whole giant meal for holidays. It just kind of irked me that I would be cutting, chopping, blanching, peeling, boiling, baking from sun-up the day of the meal, only to have the whole thing eaten within twenty minutes. So now we have nachos. That's right - nachos for every holiday meal. And sometimes I make dessert. And everybody's happy.

ETA: time to get cracking, myrosiedog. A woman's work is never done, you know .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I like your idea of a holiday meal Rattus.. I think I might just have to invite myself over!
    Our holiday meals have become a little bit of this and a bit of that. Cabbage rolls, meatpie, ham(small one), turkey (small breast only), caesar salad, mashed potatoes, mashed turnip and carrots, stuffing, huge anti pasto platter and garlic bread with cheese. 4 generations (my grandparents, dad and his sibs, me & my sibs and cousins and our kids) on my dad's side get together there are 21 of us in all. We have a good meal, good wine we watch movies that have been transfered from super 8 to VHS to DVD of holidays past. Everyone buys for the kids, we adults all buy for my grandparents. It's a nice way to pass the day.

I want a turkey sandwich now
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread