+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 2432 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314541045041004 ... LastLast
Like Tree5837Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

No, we don't have either of those stores, gabriel. We do have a Value City Fourniture store that is probably the best-priced around.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    gabriel - Ikea has nice stuff - it has to be assembled, so be prepared. Their stuff is definitely not top of the line, but it's a decent way to spend not-so-much money on stuff that's fashionable for your home rather than found-in-the-corner of a bargain store, you know?

Only thing I know about Crate and Barrell is that I love their whole catalog. Actually my girlfriend has a dining room set that is gorgeous from C&B (actually bought it from a neighbor who was redecorating) and it's been through hell and still looks great.

Good luck!

Gabriel - I have a coffee table, end table and 2 floor lamps from Ikea. I also bought my duvet and duvet cover there. My main reason for going to Ikea in the first place was to find some furniture quickly as I was moving into my new house and I didn't have a lot of cash to spend. I find the quality decent for the money you spend. Everything is five years old and the only problems I've had are: 1. I scratched my end table but I covered it up with some coasters I only paid $14 for it so it's not really a big deal. 2. One of my floor lamps stopped working and my father can't figure out how to fix it. Because I am anal retentive, I am going to buy 2 new floor lamps since I will not be going back to Ikea to get another lamp like the one I currently have.

I almost forgot, I also bought a cutting board and a lazy susan (which totally rocks!) Hope this helps...

Re: Dollar Stores - I like them for seasonal decorations also. They usually have a huge selection come Christmas time.

We have about 6 dollar stores in the small town I live in and I love them for cheap bowls, glasses, paint rollers and such. I spent $50.00 there in a day and only went to pick up 2 things but I sure did get alot for my money.

What is this Crate and Barrel? I have never heard of it. Guess it must be just in the states? We do have Ikea here but I am not a big fan of anything I saw in it. I guess I am just picky? I did like some of their bedding and one couch though but it was in white although it was nice to see that they made that couch with removable washable stuff on it...sure would be nice with all the dogs we have here.

We have Peir 1 Imports as well although I can't remember if I was in one or not, just know that they exist and that some of the things I saw advertised on Tv I liked and would consider buying.

Our Big Lots used to be called Pick and Save. You can imagine the fun a teenage brain had with that one.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Well, I guess I can jump right in...

- There's a Big Lots store near my house, but I've never been there. Maybe I should check it out. I generally don't go to dollar stores- Target usually works for me.

- I bought a futon and frame from Ikea. It's decent quality, but one of the back boards broke when mr. sleepy stepped on it. I was just happy because it was my first full-sized bed. We'll probably go back there if/when we decide to spruce our place up.

- shyra, Crate and Barrel is basically an upscale Bed Bath and Beyond. We had a bridal registry there (actually, we had one at both places). I love, LOVE Crate & Barrel's stuff.

- Unk, it was also AI 2 that lured me here. I think my first post, though, was in a vacation thread.

I think I touched on everything.

I'm sitting here and my suburban neighborhood is quiet...and I can hear a chicken clucking. What the heck?

hep, I'm in the middle of town and one of my neighbors had a goat for awhile. I never went peeking into backyards to see who it belonged to, but it was freaky hearing a goat bleating in the middle of town.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Yes, a goat bleat would make you do a double-take. I think it would be fun to have a few chickens. Trouble is, my cat would think it was fun, too.

Oooh I have a fun IKEA story. The University that I went to was very, very, small. My third year that we were there our student body president got us a student centre. The people in charge of decorating it, not students but faculty, got all of the stuff at IKEA. Almost all of the things were broken within a month and we weren't rough with it. So I am not sure if it is the best quality.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread