+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5772Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #3981
    Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    whatever
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,070

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Stephi, i hope you van maintain your composure at your graduation. J/k
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

  2. #3982
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,072

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Bought myself the neti pot, and finally got the nerve up to try it. It was worth everything in the world to use it!! I have pretty bad nasal allergies, and I can't take antihistamines anymore. I just want to know where it has been all of my miserable, sneezy life!! It is amazing, the difference that it has made in my quality of life in just a few days. All of the "I would never do thats" were truly psychological. The physical relief is just unbelievable. If you suffer from allergies and/or sinus problems, I really suggest you try one. Finally, I can breathe easily, 24/7!!! Not bad for a practice that is over 1,000years old!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  3. #3983
    In My Nest doxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sweet dreams are made of cheese....
    Posts
    1,264

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2429689;
    Well then, I'm not going to tell you all that my graduating class is at 61 right now, and next year will be around 57....That is, of course, assuming that no one else decides to leave...yeah, it's a small school.

    But I can see where it might be noticable that some people got a ton of cheers, and others got next to none, and I can imagine that being a horrible memory someday--the kid who got no cheers.
    I graduated in a class of 32. This was twenty years ago and the audience was asked to hold their applause until the end. I thought that worked very well. Four years later, I graduated from college and my parents snuck into the auditorium about the time that they got to "S" on the alphabetical roll call. I was a "W". The college class had about 500 graduates and,again, the audience was asked to hold the applause until the end.

    Having said that, I do not think it is right to take a diploma from someone because their friends/family disregard "the rules" and cause a delay in the ceremony.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

  4. #3984
    FORT Fogey cricketeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,696

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2429941;
    Bought myself the neti pot, and finally got the nerve up to try it. It was worth everything in the world to use it!! I have pretty bad nasal allergies, and I can't take antihistamines anymore. I just want to know where it has been all of my miserable, sneezy life!! It is amazing, the difference that it has made in my quality of life in just a few days. All of the "I would never do thats" were truly psychological. The physical relief is just unbelievable. If you suffer from allergies and/or sinus problems, I really suggest you try one. Finally, I can breathe easily, 24/7!!! Not bad for a practice that is over 1,000years old!!
    I was just thinking of you and that neti pot this a.m. - I was telling my husband he should think about trying it. Thanks for the update. How often do you use it?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

  5. #3985
    Miz Smarty Britches queenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    running for the border
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,776

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I just got my neti pot yesterday and my head feels so clean! Also L has the worst sinuses in the world; I got a neti for him and last night he was saying he needed to go get claritin because he had run out and he was super clogged up. So, we used the neti pot, and his head opened up so much he didn't have to go get any medication, and it stayed that way all night. He had very little congestion this morning. I think if he uses the neti pot every day it is going to make a big difference-- of course whether he will make time to use it every day remains to be seen.
    As for me, I don't have terrible sinus problems but will probably use the pot every day, as it's supposed to be preventative as well a cure, and I do get allergies to pollen on occasion.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

  6. #3986
    FORT Fogey livin4reality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Lawrence KS
    Posts
    2,586

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    OOKKKAAAAYYYY People! I'm sold! Where does one get the neti pot? Sheesh. If it is half as great as everyone says then we have to get one. Pronto!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

    Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

  7. #3987
    FORT Fogey katgib13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,514

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2438164;
    OOKKKAAAAYYYY People! I'm sold! Where does one get the neti pot? Sheesh. If it is half as great as everyone says then we have to get one. Pronto!
    That's what I'm thinking! I have horrible allergies, mostly in August/September. If it works...I think I need one.

  8. #3988
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,072

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2438109;
    I just got my neti pot yesterday and my head feels so clean! Also L has the worst sinuses in the world; I got a neti for him and last night he was saying he needed to go get claritin because he had run out and he was super clogged up. So, we used the neti pot, and his head opened up so much he didn't have to go get any medication, and it stayed that way all night. He had very little congestion this morning. I think if he uses the neti pot every day it is going to make a big difference-- of course whether he will make time to use it every day remains to be seen.
    As for me, I don't have terrible sinus problems but will probably use the pot every day, as it's supposed to be preventative as well a cure, and I do get allergies to pollen on occasion.
    Glad to hear that he got such good results from the pot!! How much salt does he use? Since he got such great results from using the pot, I can't imagine him not wanting to keep the ritual going when it makes such a difference between being all clogged up and being able to breathe freely!! It only takes a couple of minutes/day, once you get the routine down. I'm really happy for both of you! I haven't used it at all today, so far, and I'm still clear as a bell! I anticipate using it before I go to bed tonight. How cool is it not to have to use drugs?!?!

    livin4reality, you should be able to locate a neti pot at your local health food store, but "let your fingers do the walking" before you go out. You might have to store hop, if you don't. It is an amazing thing. If you want to PM me, do.

    katgib13, I have year-round allergies, and it's been the best thing that I have done for myself. Feel free to PM me if you need to!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  9. #3989
    Miz Smarty Britches queenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    running for the border
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,776

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    prhoshay, our pots came with 50 premeasured packets of salt mixture; I guess I'll measure one before it runs out, but it looks like about 1/2-3/4 teaspoons of salt.
    I couldn't find a neti pot around here, so I ordered mine online. Most of the places that had the ones shaped like a genie's lamp, as shown on Oprah, are sold out and backordered, but I found some at neilmed.com that are shaped like little teapots, and they work just the same. I think it was $11.99, with the salt packs.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

  10. #3990
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Can't you just buy a tea pot or irrigate your sinuses using whatever a doctor might use? I though of trying one of those squeeze bulb things like you would get with an ear wash kit.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.