+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2427016;
    Oh, I know people who waste money like that.

PEEVE: people who think they're all that.
    There's this one girl I know who introduces herself as Sammy, probably richer than you. Yeah. I'm not a fan. For her Sweet 16 the other day, she had this huge bash with 500 people, and, I don't know how true this is, but I heard that she auditioned for My Super Sweet 16 (show on MTV where rich snobs show off their huge parties), and was told that she hadn't spent enough money on it. The cost of this extravaganza? Nothing much, only 1.5 MILLION dollars.
    Oh, Steph. I'm going to call b to the s on this one.
    First, their have been many parties on mtv that have been over $100K but less then $500k, so this girl is lying. I haven't heard of a budget being a mil or more even if it's possible.
    It's one of two things, the producers saw her as super dull or too vainglorious to see that the sky is blue or her parents said no. Or she's incredible lame, others see that and don't care to hang around her, thus sparing mtv the drama they appreciate.

OTHER PEEVE: people who use others.
    Craig (see avatar), went to prom the other day with ths girl who he's liked for years. After prom, they were just sitting in their limo, and Craig says to her, "I think I'm falling in love with you." She then slapped him and said that she didn't like him. He asked why she was at prom with him then, and she said becasue she wanted to go to prom. Yeah. Low. Naturally, he got kind of upset, and, being the mature, caring individual that he is, she took one look at him crying and said "and in fact, after tonight, I wan't going to ever talk to you again. Now I'd tell you how I reacted when I found out about this, but I'm pretty sure that if a movie was made about my reaction, it would be rated R. He's spent the whole last week crying, she won't even listen to him, and no one is even getting anywhere. I mean, when I met her, I knew that there would be trouble with her, like, there was something wrong....I just didn't think that it would be quite this bad. ON PROM NIGHT. Craig takes his prom...well, he probably spent more time getting ready then a bride does on her wedding day. He counted this as the second most exciting day of his life, right after getting into Annapolis. Bitch ruined it for him. I am livid right now. I really just want to go to her house and....yeah. I'm not gonna finish that. But pretty much, I'm wondering how anyone can do that to Craig. He's...well, I can't describe him. I always say I'll give you Craig. Free 30-day trial. If he's not more than you ever expected in a friend/son/brother/confidante/whatever, I'll give you everything I own. That's the type of guy he is. I can count on 1 hand the people who don't like him, I count 2. I could go on for hours. But, in the interest of your sanity, I'll end this rant. Sorry. I'm just pissed.
    Did your friend talk to her thoroughly beforehand?
    People have a tendency to drop important info about themselves, often times others just fail to listen. This girl is a moron and i hope your friend doesn't spend more time on it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I Is Stephanie

Wait--I said million? Sorry, I mistyped that. Let's try this again. One Hundred Fifty THOUSAND dollors. Million is what she's always claiming that she, personally, is worth.

And MamaC, aside from him getting a chance to go to prom with a girl he's liked for at least 2 years, I'm a freshman, and it's near impossible to convince TPTB at my school to let a freshman go--especially with Craig's record...he went out with someone in my grade last year and was branded a "man-whore" until this girl left the school.

Yeah, he talked to her, and reading the MySpace transcript that she has on his page, there was nothing that you even to begin to extrapolate as "I don't like you," she said stuff like

heyy soo whats up? PROMS COMING UP IN LIKE 25 DAYS!!!! =)

CANT WAIT WERE GONNA LOOK AMAZING!

And there's about 25 more of those. If you can get "I'm just doing this for the prom, you're a gross slimebag who I never want to see again after prom" out of this, there's clearly something we're all missing here. Because she said We're gonna look amazing, not I'm gonna look amazing, which would have definitely been helpful to know before hand.

And I never know how I manage to turn everything into my friend's problems, you guys can carry on talking about getting high with babies, and air conditioning, and wilted children....
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

meh, that discussion has moved to pm now Steph.
    For some of us you are our 'practice teen' Your dramas are getting some of us ready for our own upcoming brush with teendom. We all respond to you because we want to.
    I am dreading the whole dating thing... I have about 7yrs before this becomes a reality for me and time really does fly!

wilted children?? yikes!!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Ah yes......teen angst and drama..............spare me, Lord......

Prom will be such a thing of the past that it won't even be funny. No....actually, it will be hilarious!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2427250;
    Yeah. Class reunions can be very satisfying for some of us.
    Ain't that the TRUTH!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Anyone go to any graduations this spring? I had no idea they had gotten this bad.

Ill. students lose diplomas over cheers - Yahoo! News

"Gayles was one of five students denied diplomas from the lone public high school in Galesburg after enthusiastic friends or family members cheered for them during commencement.

About a month before the May 27 ceremony, Galesburg High students and their parents had to sign a contract promising to act in dignified way. Violators were warned they could be denied their diplomas and barred from the after-graduation party.

Many schools across the country ask spectators to hold applause and cheers until the end of graduation. But few of them enforce the policy with what some in Galesburg say are strong-arm tactics." more at the link

"It was like one of the worst days of my life," said Gayles, who had a 3.4 grade-point average and officially graduated, but does not have the keepsake diploma to hang on her wall. "You walk across the stage and then you can't get your diploma because of other people cheering for you. It was devastating, actually."
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Leo
    Premium Member

Wow. Just wow. I don't see what's wrong with cheering in the first place, and even then it's not the student's fault, why take it out on them?

I foresee a lawsuit, which will net the students and their families a good amount of money, that I'm sure the school could use elsewhere. So how is this insane policy supposed to help the kids again?

But Leo, look at it from the school's point of view. And the other parents trying to hear their kids name called.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Leo
    Premium Member

Then they need a better speaker system or try calling the name twice. It's a celebration, so of course you're going to have people cheering. A little of it is fine. Even if it IS a problem, though, why drag the students into it? Would it be a problem to have a teacher, or someone else from the staff say, "Could you please tune it down a bit?"

It's like executing someone for purse snatching. The punishment far outweighs the supposed "crime".

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The penalty would never hold up in court....and the schools know it. Probably wouldn't even make it past the school board.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread