+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I Is Stephanie

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Oh, I know people who waste money like that.

PEEVE: people who think they're all that.
    There's this one girl I know who introduces herself as Sammy, probably richer than you. Yeah. I'm not a fan. For her Sweet 16 the other day, she had this huge bash with 500 people, and, I don't know how true this is, but I heard that she auditioned for My Super Sweet 16 (show on MTV where rich snobs show off their huge parties), and was told that she hadn't spent enough money on it. The cost of this extravaganza? Nothing much, only 1.5 MILLION dollars.

93 with 80% humidity? Ewww. I feel your pain. And your kid's pain. I live in a house that was designed so that A/C would be unnecessary. It kind of failed, we need A/C, but there's no way to really install it in the house...So I definitely appreciate nice dry, summer days.

OTHER PEEVE: people who use others.
    Craig (see avatar), went to prom the other day with ths girl who he's liked for years. After prom, they were just sitting in their limo, and Craig says to her, "I think I'm falling in love with you." She then slapped him and said that she didn't like him. He asked why she was at prom with him then, and she said becasue she wanted to go to prom. Yeah. Low. Naturally, he got kind of upset, and, being the mature, caring individual that he is, she took one look at him crying and said "and in fact, after tonight, I wan't going to ever talk to you again. Now I'd tell you how I reacted when I found out about this, but I'm pretty sure that if a movie was made about my reaction, it would be rated R. He's spent the whole last week crying, she won't even listen to him, and no one is even getting anywhere. I mean, when I met her, I knew that there would be trouble with her, like, there was something wrong....I just didn't think that it would be quite this bad. ON PROM NIGHT. Craig takes his prom...well, he probably spent more time getting ready then a bride does on her wedding day. He counted this as the second most exciting day of his life, right after getting into Annapolis. Bitch ruined it for him. I am livid right now. I really just want to go to her house and....yeah. I'm not gonna finish that. But pretty much, I'm wondering how anyone can do that to Craig. He's...well, I can't describe him. I always say I'll give you Craig. Free 30-day trial. If he's not more than you ever expected in a friend/son/brother/confidante/whatever, I'll give you everything I own. That's the type of guy he is. I can count on 1 hand the people who don't like him, I count 2. I could go on for hours. But, in the interest of your sanity, I'll end this rant. Sorry. I'm just pissed.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Steph, living well is the best revenge. That girl will leave highschool and suddenly realize that is the only place she was a big deal. The real world can be a real shock to the sheltered and priviledged.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

steph - I completely agree with Duxxy. This girl is a legend in her own mind. As far as your friend, Craig - sooner or later he'll realize that he's much better off without that girl in his life. It will hurt for a while, but ultimately, he'll see her for what she is. Just be there for him whenever he needs/wants to talk.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Peeve: People who are in love with the sound of their own voice, and never pass up an opportunity to hold forth...and they run on and on and on....and no one else can ever have the last word.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2427055;
    Peeve: People who are in love with the sound of their own voice, and never pass up an opportunity to hold forth...and they run on and on and on....and no one else can ever have the last word.
    We have a guy like that at work. He just makes stuff up! If you go and ask him a question, he'll always have an answer. It might not be the right answer, but he'll give you an answer. Sometimes he comes out with the stupidest stuff you've ever heard. And he'll say it like it's a definite fact. Everybody knows now not to ask this guy anything important because you'll never know what he's going to come out with. (Although I have to admit, sometimes I do ask him stuff just for a laugh.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2427054;
    steph - I completely agree with Duxxy. This girl is a legend in her own mind. As far as your friend, Craig - sooner or later he'll realize that he's much better off without that girl in his life. It will hurt for a while, but ultimately, he'll see her for what she is. Just be there for him whenever he needs/wants to talk.
    Yep, I agree. What's sad is to see the people that their BEST years were highschool and after that its all been downhill. They no longer are the best/prettiest/cheerleader, whatever.

I've always found that people that act like that, eventually get what's coming to them.

Sorry about your friend Steph. Poor guy. I hope this doesn't jade him, but help him make some better decisions about women in the future. I had a guy friend that for YEARS got treated like crap by girls he dated. We finally told him when he was all depressed after the latest one using and dumping him: "Dude, its the kind of woman you are picking. Look for a different kind." h e did and he's been married almost 10 years now and she's super, but the girlfriends before that? Oh none of us ever even wanted to be around them. I got to the point where I never bothered to learn their names.

Now my husband always said that in his "experience", girls always told him they were looking for a nice guy, but when they would date a nice guy, they treated him like crap because he was too nice. Not to say your friend should act like a jerk to get a girlfriend. But mine and my hubby's secret is that we were friends for a long time before we ever dated. So we both knew already what the other was like and didn't have to go through the fake dating crap.

Best of luck to your friend. I hate that his prom experience was ruined by a witch and I don't mean to use the "w".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2427242;
    Yep, I agree. What's sad is to see the people that their BEST years were highschool and after that its all been downhill. They no longer are the best/prettiest/cheerleader, whatever.
    That's so true, when I hear about people like 'Sam' it makes me think immediately of two things; Al Bundy from Married with Children and the Bruce Springsteen song "Glory Days"

You and Craig are lucky to have each other to lean on. He'll eventually get over the hurt but it's sorry to say that it may affect his ability to trust in the future.

It's hard to discover that your idol has feet of clay and that your dream girl is a nightmare.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2427242;

I've always found that people that act like that, eventually get what's coming to them.
    Yeah. Class reunions can be very satisfying for some of us.

So sorry to read of everyone's troubles. Life isn't always easy, is it? And oh, it's not fair, either.
    ------------------

On the topic of cars, I received an e-mail about this. I don't own one, but someone you know might.

Cell phones zap some Nissan and Infiniti key codes

If you own a 2007 Nissan Altima or a 2007 Infiniti G35 that use Nissan's "Intelligent Keys," using a cell phone near them could turn them into "dumb keys," as cell phones could erase the key codes.

In a statement released Wednesday by Nissan North America Inc., some cell phones, if allowed to touch the I-Key while sending or receiving a call, may alter it's electronic code.

"When this happens the I-Key will not start the vehicle and cannot be reprogrammed," the statement said.

A fix is in the works, but may not be ready until the fall.

Nissan: Cell phones can alter the I-Key - Yahoo! News
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Steph, just out of curiosity.....how come you and Craig didn't go to the prom?

I went to an all-girl Catholic high school and the all-boy Catholic high school was nearby. I remember a girl from high school, a year older than me....probably nice enough, but nothing to write home about, somehow met and started dating a guy from the all-boy school, who was two years older than me.

He was a friend of one of my brothers and I was friends with one of his sisters. He was really very shy and kind of geeky. But they dated throughout high school and went to all the proms and dances. They even kept dating all throughout college. After college, they got engaged. Everyone thought they had a high school romance that would end in marriage and live happily ever after.

So the big day comes and they get married. On their wedding night, she confesses to him that she didn't really love him.....she just wanted to get married!

I can honestly say that she broke his heart. And she wasn't one of these full of herself, pretty girl, cheerleader types at all!

I wonder what will happen when the prom photos come out! His date probably won't even want a pic of it!

Just think KARMA Steph, she is due for some!

+ Reply to Thread