+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6264Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2424614;
    Question! Does anyone use a neti pot? If you do, how does it help you? Do you use it every day?
    I've never heard of it so I went to the website and watched a video demonstration . I think I'll pass.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What??? You mean you don't want to flush out your sinuses???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2425338;
    What??? You mean you don't want to flush out your sinuses???
    No, I think a good nose blowing after a warm shower does the trick

Actually, you'd be surprised. A neti pot really helps. I don't use it frequently, but occasionally when I am really congested and have taken all the medication I can take, it helps. Sometimes when I have a cold, my ears feel all stopped up, and it helps break up all that congestion. It is also good for people who cannot take cold medicine or decongestants for whatever reason, because it has no side effects.

It does take some getting used to, however. And it is definitely not a spectator sport.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

SuperBrat: Congrats on having a new first cousin once removed!

newf and gabriel: You both rock as always!

queenb and prhoshay: I only know what a neti pot is because of Dr. Oz too. He sure teaches us some unusual things, doesn't he?
    -----------

My 3rd airbrushing class was cancelled at 6pm the night before the class. People who registered didn't pay up last minute and so the instructor didn't have enough people. My sweetie drove 300 miles for this class. And in my 2nd class, four people paid for the class and then didn't show up!

What is it with people nowadays? Isn't there something called being considerate and responsible? I mean, for those who paid, it's their loss, but the instructor set up for them to attend. There was a guest instructor for the last class and he volunteered his weekend to teach us. Then he basically got stood up by 3/4 of the class. How can people just be so darned rude?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2425069;
    prhosay, I'm thinking about getting a Neti pot too--I hate to admit that I saw it on Oprah with Dr Oz, but the thing seems to make so much sense! As a matter of fact, while I'm online and thinking about it, I'm going to do it now!
    As a mattern of fact, I'm getting two because my fella has really really bad sinus problems; just trying to make him do it will probably will be even funnier than when I tried to give him a facial; I wish I had had him on video. (Man meets Oil of Olay Microdermabrasion. Olay wins.) You would have thought I had coarse grade sandpaper on his face!
    My brother, SIL and their daughter uses them and they SWEAR by them. I just don't know if I could do that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's supposed to be very soothing, I hear. The person I saw using it was on a early morning yoga show called "Wai Lana". I was getting ready for work and saw this woman pouring water in her nostril, and it was draining out the other. She looked very relaxed. to say the least, that stopped me in my tracks! Later is when I found out that it went all of the way up into your sinuses. Whoa! That was a several years ago, and I've been thinking about it ever since.

You know, I think that when people pay for a class and then don't show up, I think they should be counted as 'present' (though invisible), and the class should go on, out of respect for the people who are there. I think that's more about the instructor's ego than the people who paid AND showed up, especially if someone drove 300 miles to be there.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2424694;
    Shmoo I think I like your solution - I may try it myself tonight.

I think some of you are getting the wrong impression here. In no way to I condone what livin4's neice has chosen to do I'm just saying let's not crucify her for going out! You're acting like she was smoking a joint while holding the baby in her arms. I'm sure that none of you has ever been drunk/stoned what ever. There are different degrees of responsibility. While an action may be irresponsible the person may not be.
    My first time out without my baby was when she was 4 months old and my mom babysat while we went to a wedding. Nope, I didn't smoke up (neve r have) and I didn't get drunk but that was me... and as I said, I got the partying out of my system. Actually my husband got drunk at that wedding. Does that make him an irresponsible, bad parent? I don't think so.
    In my opinion you are being overly harsh and extremely judgemental. The reason the child is only with mom every second night is because it's a custody agreement with the baby's FATHER. That baby is being parented NOT babysat. It's not like she is foisting the baby off on anyone who crosses her path. As I said I don't agree with the drugs and boozing, and much like MamaC all I longed for was a good night's rest. But that was me. This mom is not me. She is not any of you either. She's making choices, albeit some bad ones, but unlike many parents she seems to have a very solid support system to rely on.
    I have seen bad parents, in no way does this mom resemble a bad parent - yet. Livin4 has spoken with her as have many of her family members and hopefully she gets the message.
    Tearing the girl down is not productive. She's not out every night partying it up.

We can't all be paragons of parenting, and there isn't really a handbook just a whole lot of opinions.

Livin4 continue to support your neice and tell her that I wish her the best. She hasn't made any irreversible mistakes yet and I hope she keeps it that way. With a supportive family like you in her corner I think everything will turn out great!

what the heck is a neti pot?

Never mind I just looked it up. Somethings just don't belong in your nose
    That's not the point and no, once my daughter was born (actually after I found out I was pregnant), the partying stopped for me.

Having the occasional drink or even going out to a wedding and having more than a couple of drinks does not make you a bad parent. But a lifestyle of doing this and being irresponsible enough to have your 2 year old with you while you get high is another thing all together.

Yes, this girl needs the support of her family. But she apparantly has some issues that need to be dealt with. Perhaps its time the family did an intervention of some kind.

No, I'm NOT a paragon of parenting, but for the past 16 years, EVERY single decision that I've made and almost every single thing I've done, I've done with the knowledge that I have a child and that child comes first and foremost and how are MY actions going to affect HER.
    Once I became a parent, there were aspects of my life that no longer held appeal for me because I was responsible for this small, helpless creature and the examples I set by the way I lived my life carry more weight than all the lectures and lessons I can TELL her. Children learn what they see.

I'm not trying to tear this girl down. She obviously needs help. I'm just saying that maybe her priorities are not in order and she needs to settle down and get them straight and if the family can help her, then they need to help her.

MRD- You sound a lot like me. Once I had my kiddos all my decisions ran thru the mommy filter.

It is not going well at all for neice here. Her Mom and Dad got into it with the dad. Baby hasn't been back to dad's since last weekend. Niece has shut down. Today is the first day she is going to be alone with both kids. My sis has to go back to work. I'm thinking of driving up there for the day. (It's about a 2 hour drive) but will call first to see if that is ok.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2425790;
    MRD- You sound a lot like me. Once I had my kiddos all my decisions ran thru the mommy filter.

It is not going well at all for neice here. Her Mom and Dad got into it with the dad. Baby hasn't been back to dad's since last weekend. Niece has shut down. Today is the first day she is going to be alone with both kids. My sis has to go back to work. I'm thinking of driving up there for the day. (It's about a 2 hour drive) but will call first to see if that is ok.
    I wish you all the best of luck with this situation. It's hard to deal with family sometimes, but after all, the best interest of the kids is what is the most important thing I guess.

I like that "mommy filter" idea. Might steal that phrase from you.

Seriously though, I hope this situation works out for everyone and your niece works out her issues and settles down to become mommy of the year. It can happen. I've seen it. I hope it happens here for you guys. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the entire family over this hard situation.

+ Reply to Thread