+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 2479 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849891395391039 ... LastLast
Like Tree6547Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    Apparently peanuts naturally contain sugar.
    Off course they do. Have you ever seen a skinny elephant?

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    Off course they do. Have you ever seen a skinny elephant?

Apparantly lettuce is fatteing too. We went to the Aquarium and they were feeding the Manatees lettuce and they are HUGE. I vowed then and there to stop eating salad. That has to be what's making me fat!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

As we all recall from high-school chemistry, calories are basically a measure of the heat content of a given food. It stands to reason that the hotter the food, the higher the calories. That explains why deep-fried foods are fattening, but on the other hand, a bowl of ice cream is soooo good!

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Maybe this should be in pet peeves or bad news, but then again, maybe not. I have entered yet again the twilight zone of bad-things-happening-to-me. Let me just say that I don't blow things out of proportion with respect to my bad things twilight zones (BDTZ) - the two major events of last year's BDTZ were the death of my beloved Spotty from UTI at the young age of 4, and the permanent deafness in my left ear that was brought on by a bout of the flu (there were many other less memorable filler events that took place during this time).

I wasn't initially sure that I had entered another BDTZ when I contracted West Nile Virus while on vacation, but last night I got a flat tire on my bike on the way home. No biggie, you say? Well, ordinarily I would also say, but Mr. Rattus ended up changing the tire four times because it kept going flat. He finally got it settled and all was well with the world. So I go out to the bike shed this morning and whaddaya know? Flat tire. I then traipse downstairs to get my folding bike, drag it upstairs and whaddaya know? Another flat tire. That's six, count 'em, six flat tires in one twelve hour period.

I've got everything crossed on my that I can cross that this will be the end of this particular BDTZ because I am just not in the mood.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Run a wet rag along the inside of tire to see if there is something lodged in it that keeps puncturing the innertube, and make sure the spokes aren't exposed from underneath. Make sure the valve stem is tight, too.

If all else fails, you can get a can of Fix-a-Flat to carry with you. It will seal small punctures and at least partially inflate your tire, enough to get you home, anyway.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Mr. Rattus is generally very good at this sort of bike fixin' stuff (usually I do it myself, but as mentioned, just not in the mood for anything annoying right now), and his band members who were over last night also gave the rim and the tire the run around each time it went flat, and nothing. I'm cursed, I tell ya. Cursed.

I think I'll make Mr. Rattus a cherry pie tomorrow for accepting all that aggravation on my behalf.

ETA: Oh yeah, I completely forgot the other stuff going wrong right now - money issues. Silly things like the manager of the place we stayed at on vacation calling me because their bank honoured the cheque I gave in Canadian funds, not US funds as requested, so now I need to send them another cheque to cover the difference. Things like that.
    Last edited by Rattus; 07-20-2006 at 10:02 AM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Rattus: So sorry to hear of all your troubles in the BDTZ,...but that cherry pie sounds mighty forgiving! Save me a little piece please.
    -------------

Has anyone tried the new Subway anniversary lobster sub? That's supposed to have real lobster? Just wondering. The commercials are running pretty frequently here.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    We've only been there twice and both times I felt cheated when I had to leave the island in the evening, so this time we plan to spend a couple of nights over there. I want to get up really early and walk aroud while things are still pretty quiet and before those pesky tourists show up.

Maybe we will try it in September.
    I love the island at night and very early in the morning. It's wonderful there in September, it's still pretty warm and it's not as busy. I'm thinking of taking the kids there in the fall for an overnight but still trying to figure out if I have the money.

LOL at the "pesky tourists" comment, when we have stayed there over night my mother always called them "the boat people".
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp View Post
    I love the island at night and very early in the morning. It's wonderful there in September, it's still pretty warm and it's not as busy. I'm thinking of taking the kids there in the fall for an overnight but still trying to figure out if I have the money.

LOL at the "pesky tourists" comment, when we have stayed there over night my mother always called them "the boat people".
    I've seen some pretty good deals. Maybe you can find just the right one for you. If we lived closer I'd surely be up there every chance I got. That island is magical.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Has anyone tried the new Subway anniversary lobster sub? That's supposed to have real lobster? Just wondering. The commercials are running pretty frequently here.
    I would have, but in the depths of my BDTZ, while I was on holiday contracting West Nile, I also discovered that I am indeed allergic to all crustaceans, so no. They do sound pretty good, though, dammit.

+ Reply to Thread