+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5783Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

It's mostly my all-cotton blouses and jeans that need ironing and I never used to have to iron jeans. Now, they all have these industrial strength wrinkles that barely budge no matter how hot the iron or how much steam I use .
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The unremovable wrinkles in your jeans is God's way of trying to tell you to "let it go, cricket."

Here's a question that I'm sure someone has an answer to: Why, when there is a professional sand volleyball game/tournament are the women so ridiculously scantily clad in these ugly bathing suits, and the men have the looser shorts? Of course, the women are pretty much built like the men, so I don't see that it is a "curves" factor. Somebody help me out, please.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2421992;
    Here's a question that I'm sure someone has an answer to: Why, when there is a professional sand volleyball game/tournament are the women so ridiculously scantily clad in these ugly bathing suits, and the men have the looser shorts? Of course, the women are pretty much built like the men, so I don't see that it is a "curves" factor. Somebody help me out, please.
    I don't think this will actually help you, but I know that clothing is in the rules for beach volleyball (it was questioned during the Olympics). Men should wear a sport tank top and shorts and women should wear tight clothes. Personally I find those rules...interesting, for lack of a better word.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Interesting. The men that I've seen playing this weekend in my hometown wore shorts and no shirt. It would be interesting to hear the history behind the rules.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2420255;
    Has anyone, other than me, used the spray that eliminates wrinkles? I only use it on t-shirts, and am quite pleased with the job it does.
    I've got that stuff, and use it occasionally. I wouldn't use it on something that I really needed to LOOK ironed, but it does get the worst of the wrinkles out.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Ok folks. I need some advice here. I'm going to be calling my neice and need some words of wisdom for her. Here is the story.

She is 23. Unmarried, has a 2 1/2 yo.girl. She has problems with depression and some type of personality disorder that I cannot remember right now. She lives with her Mom (my sis) and her husband in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. So. She just had a baby boy. The father was out of the picture early on, but all along has said he wants to be in the baby's life. He was at the hospital for the birth and was very much "hands on" with all the care and feeding. They decided to "share custody" before baby was born. Now baby has been home almost a full week and has spent every other night with my neice or the father.!!

Then Friday night when baby was with dad, my niece goes out partying, gets stoned and calls to see if baby is ok. She also tells dad she is high. He calls next day, mad and says she is unfit. He says he taped the convo. My sister talks him into bringing the baby back, and now niece says she is not going to bring dad the baby back tomorrow blah blah. What a royal mess. I am so mad. My sis is so stressed out. But most importantly, what about this baby? He is not a freakin puppy! What to say to her?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Start with, "He is not a freakin puppy!" If she is old enough to breed twice, she is old enough to understand that her days of hedonism are over. Responsible parents do not go out and get stoned. She may not like it, but that's too damn bad. Her kids' well-being is more important than her hurt feelings.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

PWS
    FORT Fogey

to that! And I'm guessing no one here has been to see a lawyer about a custody arrangement...but if this keeps up it could wind up a very adversarial situation. If they have court mediators near this town that may be what they want to use before they irritate each other any more.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2421161;
    That might depend on how tightly the shirt fits?
    Well, mine are loose and wrinkles hang out right away... and if they were tight I think they'd stretch out....

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2422010;
    Interesting. The men that I've seen playing this weekend in my hometown wore shorts and no shirt. It would be interesting to hear the history behind the rules.
    Now THAT would be fairer rule if the women have to wear tight clothes...eye candy for everyone!
    Sorry for the mutilple posts.... slinking away.

+ Reply to Thread