+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6789Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My son is just finishing up his masters in Organic Chemistry (maybe more specialized - heck I don't know) and going on for his PhD.
    He has decided he likes to do the teaching side of it also.

Has anyone here heard of Brain Gym? I had my second class today and it's fascinating! Physical movement freeing up mental blocks and enabling integrated learning.
    Count your blessings!

I hate ironing. Every time i do, i want to scream my head off. And i have at least once before.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2418235;
    Has anyone here heard of Brain Gym? I had my second class today and it's fascinating! Physical movement freeing up mental blocks and enabling integrated learning.
    What are the membership fees like?

I'm going to google that Gut...it sounds interesting.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2419293;
    I hate ironing. Every time i do, i want to scream my head off. And i have at least once before.
    I actually like ironing, not that I do it often--but I pile up an hour or two's worth every couple of months. AND I then turn on a great night of TV or tapes, and NO ONE can say I'm wasting time when I watch it!! In my younger days I used to take my radio to the dorm ironing room, but these days gotta have my shows. I can't imagine just ironing by itself. FYI, if you set your board at a lower height you can sit and iron, just as if you had a lowish TV table in front of you--works great if you are doing table napkins, etc. Not so good for shirts.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

On what end of the ironing board do you iron? I don't do much of it, if I can help it, but I've learned that if you use the wider end of the board that it seems to go better. I read that somewhere, tried it, and I don't mind nearly as much as I would if I were using the narrower end of the board.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

So far as I remember, the small end of the board is for inserting into the shoulde, sleeve, collar, pleats, etc. to aid shaping there, and the 'big end' is for the big flat areas.
    It's been a long time since i've actually ironed though--I just don't wear things that need it any more.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2418235;
    My older sister has taken Brain Gym. It's amazing! Just a few cross-crawls and figure 8's and you feel better already! Brain Gym is cool

Spoose: That sounds like mucho intelligente stuff!

schmoo2: Congrats to you son on his studies as well!

queenb: Ironing boards? Is that what that thing is in my basement a covered in dust.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2419293;
    I'm with you and fortunately I don't buy things that have to be ironed. But occasionally I do have to do it. I did a skirt this morning and realized that not only do I hate it, but I suck at it too.

PWS, what's your address? I'm sending you all my ironing from now on (don't worry it isn't much, see above).
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I love the way I iron. I put the clothes back into the dryer and spin around for a few minutes on a low heat. I promptly remove and place on a hanger. WA-LA!

+ Reply to Thread