+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6958Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Congrats!!! What is it that you want to do with your Masters?
    I hope to have the feeling in two years. Hopefully with less waiting time. It's hard not knowing. You seem a lot more patient than I think I would have been.

Thanks, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2415101;
    Congrats!!! What is it that you want to do with your Masters?
    I hope to have the feeling in two years. Hopefully with less waiting time. It's hard not knowing. You seem a lot more patient than I think I would have been.
    I haven't wanted to make enemies, but I'm planning on writing them a letter telling them what I think they need to change and what is good. For the courses I've taken they've always had evaluations to fill in at the end, so they'er not opposed to us stating our opinions. Right now (and since February) I'm trying to find a job, there's not very many jobs within Medical physics, unfortunately, but at least I'm trying my best.

New story that I really found weird. I was just at the grocery store. At the door someone had posted a note that they had forgotten their keys in a cart there and wondered if anyone had found them. Then, if anyone had found them, they had left their phone numbers ! Three of them. With phone numbers it's quite easy to figure out where they live. What are people thinking?

Congrats on the Master's Femme! And good luck Canadian Angel! What area are you hoping to persue? I got my Master's in 2002 and what am I doing with it? Getting another degree...I hope to have my PhD next fall.

Which leads very nicely into a how stupid are you moment...I was going to treat myself to some Rice Krispie treats last night. The big white plastic bowl I usually use was missing (probably in the dishwasher--duh!) so I grab the other big bowl, dump in the margarine and marshmallows and throw it in my less than a year old microwave. 10 seconds later, the door has melted open because the METAL bowl I was using was touching the inside of the door . I felt SO STUPID. I've called the manufacturer to see if I can just get a replacement door, but they tell me my model number does not exist ( ) I can't afford another new microwave at the moment, so I guess I'll live without one for a bit.

BTW, I was still craving the treats, so I decided to try to melt the marshmallows in a pot on the stove. Yeah. They burnt good.
    Don't let the small things sweat

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2412933;
    Try taking a clean paper bag (with no writing) and lay over the stain and then iron over it. That might help absorb the oil. Then pre-treat and wash in the warmest water safe for the fabric.

I also found this site with helpful tips:
    Remove Candle Wax Stains
    Thank you so much katgib!! I'll give it a try!!

femmefatale: Congratulations on your MASTER'S!! What a great achievement!

Canadianangel: I hope all goes well in the pursuit of your Masters!

Spoose: You have your Masters, you are going for a PHD,....and you used a metal bowl in the microwave and then melted the door trying to make Rice Krispie Squares! Should we be worried?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2415479;
    Spoose: You have your Masters, you are going for a PHD,....and you used a metal bowl in the microwave and then melted the door trying to make Rice Krispie Squares! Should we be worried?
    I know I am!

Education is a wonderful thing
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Especially about microwave ovens!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2411716;
    I won't give it away as the evolving of the first title "Twilight" take place in this thread:

Is everyone at the FORT a writer? Otherwise known as: Secret ambitions

Currently on page 35 of this forum.
    If you want to know who the author is, skip to the end of the thread where XXX is receiving congratulations from one and all.
    The reviews on Amazon look tempting!

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2415108;
    I haven't wanted to make enemies, but I'm planning on writing them a letter telling them what I think they need to change and what is good. For the courses I've taken they've always had evaluations to fill in at the end, so they'er not opposed to us stating our opinions. Right now (and since February) I'm trying to find a job, there's not very many jobs within Medical physics, unfortunately, but at least I'm trying my best.
    Oh, I agree. You should definitely let them know. If anything, it's after you've already received your grade, so they can't take it back now . Hopefully they listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose;2415111;
    Congrats on the Master's Femme! And good luck Canadian Angel! What area are you hoping to persue? I got my Master's in 2002 and what am I doing with it? Getting another degree...I hope to have my PhD next fall.
    I'm hoping to pursure a Counselling degree. It seems like the best fit for me after a lot of consideration. What do you have yours in and what is it that you'd like to do after you have your PhD?

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2415479;
    Canadianangel: I hope all goes well in the pursuit of your Masters!
    Thank you!!
    Last edited by canadian_angel; 05-23-2007 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Fixed my silly mistake

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2416286;
    I'm hoping to pursure a Counselling degree. It seems like the best fit for me after a lot of consideration. What do you have yours in and what is it that you'd like to do after you have your PhD?
    I'm happy to hear you've put some thought into your advanced degree...that will make the journey more enjoyable and give you something to look forward to in the end! I've seen so many students pass through here attempting a Masters in something they're not interested in...it's a waste of their time and money (as well as their advisors' time and money!).

All my degrees are/will be in Bioresource Engineering (which makes the microwave fiasco even more embarrassing). My hope is to earn a faculty position in my area of expertise so I can continue my research and teach. I love to teach. If I didn't get funding to do my PhD I was seriously considering coming back to get an education degree so I could teach high school math.

+ Reply to Thread