+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6454Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Stupid question....how do you change the size?

Kat....go to your user CP up on the top toolbar of this page.

Then click it to open and look for edit options in the control panel column on the left side of the page.

Click on that and scroll down almost to the Thread Display Options and you can choose how many pages in the number of posts to show per page section.

I have had mine set at 50 for a while and it works well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2414521;
    Kat....go to your user CP up on the top toolbar of this page.

Then click it to open and look for edit options in the control panel column on the left side of the page.

Click on that and scroll down almost to the Thread Display Options and you can choose how many pages in the number of posts to show per page section.

I have had mine set at 50 for a while and it works well for me.
    Thank you!

I tried 40 and it's driving me nuts. I'm going back to my default, which I think was 10.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2414744;
    I tried 40 and it's driving me nuts. I'm going back to my default, which I think was 10.
    Well I didn't know you could change it and 10 seems to be my magic number. Man, I don't know how you guys with 100 do it.
    So I'm with DesertRose at 10
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Back before we had several upgrades to the sight and things were running slow for everyone, one of the things John suggested to help make the sight run smoother was to change to your settings to 100 per page. That way there wouldn't be as much page refreshing using up the system resources and make a much more enjoyable experience for everyone. That's why many of us have ours set that way.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 05-23-2007 at 08:21 AM.

Peeve: One of my professors.

He was in charge of the thesis and he's really apathetic about everything. It started back in September when I asked him if two specific lectures were mandatory. He said yes, so of course I wondered when they were. His reply? "I don't know, but when you find out, tell me!" Basically he wanted me to do his job for him.

After I handed in my thesis in mid-February, it took them two months to review it, half the time of what I had spent writing it. I wrote him twice and asked ho it was coming along and both times I got the reply "I'll tell the examiner to hurry up". Couldn't he say that without my telling him?

Now it's been a month since I handed in my thesis for the second time, adressing the issues stated by the examinor. So I wrote him yet another e-mail asking if it was graded, since they had put it up in their database. The reply I got said: "That's odd, I finished on May 4th. Here's the file you should have gotten then". OK it could have been an honest mistake but the next sentence was "I've also sent a copy to B-A (the director of studies) so that he can put in the grade in the files". So if it was an honest mistake that I hadn't gotten it,, shouldn't B-A have gotten it. It doesn't seem like a mistake when two people don't get the file. It seems like his forgotten it altogether.

Rant over. (I hope it wasn't too hard to follow, I just needed to vent)

(And I'm officially done with my Master's )

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2414753;
    Peeve: One of my professors.

He was in charge of the thesis and he's really apathetic about everything. It started back in September when I asked him if two specific lectures were mandatory. He said yes, so of course I wondered when they were. His reply? "I don't know, but when you find out, tell me!" Basically he wanted me to do his job for him.

After I handed in my thesis in mid-February, it took them two months to review it, half the time of what I had spent writing it. I wrote him twice and asked ho it was coming along and both times I got the reply "I'll tell the examiner to hurry up". Couldn't he say that without my telling him?

Now it's been a month since I handed in my thesis for the second time, adressing the issues stated by the examinor. So I wrote him yet another e-mail asking if it was graded, since they had put it up in their database. The reply I got said: "That's odd, I finished on May 4th. Here's the file you should have gotten then". OK it could have been an honest mistake but the next sentence was "I've also sent a copy to B-A (the director of studies) so that he can put in the grade in the files". So if it was an honest mistake that I hadn't gotten it,, shouldn't B-A have gotten it. It doesn't seem like a mistake when two people don't get the file. It seems like his forgotten it altogether.

Rant over. (I hope it wasn't too hard to follow, I just needed to vent)

(And I'm officially done with my Master's )

Actually I could follow and he sounds like a lazy so and so.

And Congrats on your Masters! Way to go! Now its time to celebrate!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

CCL

femme fatale - He sounds like the prototypical scatter-brained professor.
    Congratulations on your Master's! Well done.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

WooHoo! Congrats on the Masters!

+ Reply to Thread