+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6454Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #3831
    FORT Fogey katgib13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,514

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Stupid question....how do you change the size?

  2. #3832
    addicted MamaC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,499

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Kat....go to your user CP up on the top toolbar of this page.

    Then click it to open and look for edit options in the control panel column on the left side of the page.

    Click on that and scroll down almost to the Thread Display Options and you can choose how many pages in the number of posts to show per page section.

    I have had mine set at 50 for a while and it works well for me.

  3. #3833
    FORT Fogey katgib13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,514

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2414521;
    Kat....go to your user CP up on the top toolbar of this page.

    Then click it to open and look for edit options in the control panel column on the left side of the page.

    Click on that and scroll down almost to the Thread Display Options and you can choose how many pages in the number of posts to show per page section.

    I have had mine set at 50 for a while and it works well for me.
    Thank you!

  4. #3834
    Premium Member DesertRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Reno hell
    Posts
    3,487

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I tried 40 and it's driving me nuts. I'm going back to my default, which I think was 10.

  5. #3835
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2414744;
    I tried 40 and it's driving me nuts. I'm going back to my default, which I think was 10.
    Well I didn't know you could change it and 10 seems to be my magic number. Man, I don't know how you guys with 100 do it.
    So I'm with DesertRose at 10
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  6. #3836
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Back before we had several upgrades to the sight and things were running slow for everyone, one of the things John suggested to help make the sight run smoother was to change to your settings to 100 per page. That way there wouldn't be as much page refreshing using up the system resources and make a much more enjoyable experience for everyone. That's why many of us have ours set that way.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 05-23-2007 at 08:21 AM.

  7. #3837
    Thinking femme fatale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In a world of my own
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,631

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Peeve: One of my professors.

    He was in charge of the thesis and he's really apathetic about everything. It started back in September when I asked him if two specific lectures were mandatory. He said yes, so of course I wondered when they were. His reply? "I don't know, but when you find out, tell me!" Basically he wanted me to do his job for him.

    After I handed in my thesis in mid-February, it took them two months to review it, half the time of what I had spent writing it. I wrote him twice and asked ho it was coming along and both times I got the reply "I'll tell the examiner to hurry up". Couldn't he say that without my telling him?

    Now it's been a month since I handed in my thesis for the second time, adressing the issues stated by the examinor. So I wrote him yet another e-mail asking if it was graded, since they had put it up in their database. The reply I got said: "That's odd, I finished on May 4th. Here's the file you should have gotten then". OK it could have been an honest mistake but the next sentence was "I've also sent a copy to B-A (the director of studies) so that he can put in the grade in the files". So if it was an honest mistake that I hadn't gotten it,, shouldn't B-A have gotten it. It doesn't seem like a mistake when two people don't get the file. It seems like his forgotten it altogether.

    Rant over. (I hope it wasn't too hard to follow, I just needed to vent)

    (And I'm officially done with my Master's )

  8. #3838
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2414753;
    Peeve: One of my professors.

    He was in charge of the thesis and he's really apathetic about everything. It started back in September when I asked him if two specific lectures were mandatory. He said yes, so of course I wondered when they were. His reply? "I don't know, but when you find out, tell me!" Basically he wanted me to do his job for him.

    After I handed in my thesis in mid-February, it took them two months to review it, half the time of what I had spent writing it. I wrote him twice and asked ho it was coming along and both times I got the reply "I'll tell the examiner to hurry up". Couldn't he say that without my telling him?

    Now it's been a month since I handed in my thesis for the second time, adressing the issues stated by the examinor. So I wrote him yet another e-mail asking if it was graded, since they had put it up in their database. The reply I got said: "That's odd, I finished on May 4th. Here's the file you should have gotten then". OK it could have been an honest mistake but the next sentence was "I've also sent a copy to B-A (the director of studies) so that he can put in the grade in the files". So if it was an honest mistake that I hadn't gotten it,, shouldn't B-A have gotten it. It doesn't seem like a mistake when two people don't get the file. It seems like his forgotten it altogether.

    Rant over. (I hope it wasn't too hard to follow, I just needed to vent)

    (And I'm officially done with my Master's )

    Actually I could follow and he sounds like a lazy so and so.

    And Congrats on your Masters! Way to go! Now its time to celebrate!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  9. #3839
    CCL
    CCL is online now
    Climbing Solsbury Hill CCL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    8,600

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    femme fatale - He sounds like the prototypical scatter-brained professor.
    Congratulations on your Master's! Well done.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

  10. #3840
    FORT Fogey katgib13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,514

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    WooHoo! Congrats on the Masters!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.