+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5670Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2399813;
    The biggie news was spoilered and as for what MissKitty meant, I think it's safe to go back in the water now, DR.
    My apologies everyone as the biggie news was spoilered but I saw it anyway without wanting to. My computer is showing spoilers as bold text instead of whited out. We are trying to figure out why I have this problem of seeing spoilers as bold text.

Yes it is safe to go back into the water
    Except for me.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Peeve: The super-, mega-, overuse of the word "hot". Sick of it, Sick of it, Sick of it!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Feeling a little hot under the collar, 'Shay?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Ah yes......the funny cricket strikes again......
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Peeve: Crappy manufacturing. I finally decided to overcome my fear of sewing machines. I buy a Singer and it seems to work OK the first time I try it out. Then I actually set out to sew something, and the freakin' thing breaks. It's either a gear or the timing belt. I have to take the damn thing in & it's going to be 2-3 weeks until it's fixed and the authorized repair guy give me a hard time. I'm ready to chuck the whole thing in the trash and forget about it. Or sue Singer. Or both. Grrr....

Well, here's my rant for the day. My plastic ice cube trays smelled all funny and stale, so I put them in the dishwasher. They came out smelling exactly the same! Does anyone know a way to get rid of that smell? I'm hesitant to soak them in bleach because, well, it's bleach.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Crit--have you tried a paste of water & baking soda and letting them sit for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2408759;
    Peeve: Crappy manufacturing. I finally decided to overcome my fear of sewing machines. I buy a Singer and it seems to work OK the first time I try it out. Then I actually set out to sew something, and the freakin' thing breaks. It's either a gear or the timing belt. I have to take the damn thing in & it's going to be 2-3 weeks until it's fixed and the authorized repair guy give me a hard time. I'm ready to chuck the whole thing in the trash and forget about it. Or sue Singer. Or both. Grrr....

My hubby bought me one for Christmas several years ago. The tension has never been right on it. It's still sitting here, waiting for me to have it fixed...

Try vinegar for the ice cube trays. Just poor some in and let it sit for awhile then wash as usual. I have a front loader wash machine and every so often it starts smelling musty and funky and I just run a cycle with vinegar...and it works!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Or you could just try sitting them outside in the sun for a day....I've never tried it with ice cube trays, but the sun gets the smell out of a lot of stuff...smells that survive the washing machine/dryer.

Or you could get new ice cube trays. They're cheap.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread