+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 2500 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748881385381038 ... LastLast
Like Tree6758Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    The reason I asked about the temperature is that we're trying to decide if we should visit Mackinaw City in September or wait till spring. Last year the flowers were so beautiful in July that we are spoiled and want to see them again. I believe that drive up the west side of Michigan is one of the nicest ones in the country.
    September is a great time to visit Mackinaw. If you opt to take the ferry over to Mackinaw Island (which I highly recommend), the ferry schedule typically is shortened during the off season (after labor day). Although, if you don't plan to see the island, you may get to see the beginnig of the changing colors. Upper Michigan has some of the most spectacular color shows provided by Mother Nature in the autumn. The west side of the State is very beautiful. Driving along Lake Michigan lends the opportunity to catch some great scenery, wonderful fruit and veggie stands, antique shops and great winery tours if you plan ahead.

We've only been there twice and both times I felt cheated when I had to leave the island in the evening, so this time we plan to spend a couple of nights over there. I want to get up really early and walk aroud while things are still pretty quiet and before those pesky tourists show up.

Maybe we will try it in September.

This is more of a pet peeve but figure I'd post it here instead. Gas in my area is suddenly at 2.90 a gallon when it was just 2.69 last week. It really irks me because I have only a quarter of a tank left and trying to decide - do I wait to see if it goes down or take the risk that it will go up even more?

I would welcome 2.90 a gallon. It is now 3.14 a gallon here. Greedy bastids.

Time for me to vent...
    We had our new washing machine delivered and installed today. Since my husband is away on business, we paid extra for installation. Well I was so excited to get my first load in the new HE washing machine!!!! So, I load it up, and head upstairs. 40 minutes later I go to the basement to put iin the next load and all the water had drained onto the floor. The idiots who installed the drain hose didn't put the clamp around it, the hose popped off, and the water flooded my basement floor. Fortunately there is no carpet, just a nasty mess. I am not a happy girl with Best Buy at this moment.
    Last edited by Ana Bannana; 07-19-2006 at 07:33 PM.

I think someone needs to refund the installation charge, if not be charged for clean-up, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    I would welcome 2.90 a gallon. It is now 3.14 a gallon here. Greedy bastids.

Time for me to vent...
    We had our new washing machine delivered and installed today. Since my husband is away on business, we paid extra for installation. Well I was so excited to get my first load in the new HE washing machine!!!! So, I load it up, and head upstairs. 40 minutes later I go to the basement to put iin the next load and all the water had drained onto the floor. The idiots who installed the drain hose didn't put the clamp around it, the hose popped off, and the water flooded my basement floor. Fortunately there is no carpet, just a nasty mess. I am not a happy girl with Best Buy at this moment.
    Your post is proof that someone always has it worse than yourself

I would definitely call Best Buy and tell them you want your installation fee refunded.

All that aside, I hope you like your new appliance. I'm really wanting a new refrigerator. Mine is on the way to breaking but not broke yet. Wrench anyone?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    This is more of a pet peeve but figure I'd post it here instead. Gas in my area is suddenly at 2.90 a gallon when it was just 2.69 last week. It really irks me because I have only a quarter of a tank left and trying to decide - do I wait to see if it goes down or take the risk that it will go up even more?
    It's probably not going down, so I'd fill up right now! I played that game a couple of days ago, and I lost. GrowlGrumble!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ana - good luck dealing with Best Buy. We bought a washer, dryer and fridge from them when we moved into our new house. The guys who installed it didn't install the dryer correctly and they also did something to the icemaker/water line on the fridge that caused our entire kitchen to be flooded. We called them several times, got no response and finally ended up going to the store. The store manager informed us that he would send someone in "about a week" to fix this and if we wanted our delivery/installation fee back, we would have to call Best Buy's customer service line. The fridge got fixed by Best Buy. The dryer got fixed by one of our nice new neighbors. It took more than three months of dealing with customer service before I finally got HALF of the delivery/installation fee back. I haven't shopped there since then.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    One of my favorite shows, A Different World is back in syndication and im glad. This show always atracted me for some reason.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I was grocerie shopping yesterday and I did my homework regarding Peanut Butter. Here's the deal: Regular peanut butter has peanuts, oil, some preservatives, sugar and salt. 100% natural PB contains: (roasted) PEANUTS. Which doesn't mean it doesn't have sugar. Apparently peanuts naturally contain sugar.

+ Reply to Thread