+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2384044;
    Also, does anyone have any advice/referrals for refiancing a house? We have got to get out of the adjustable rate. ASAP.

Try calling a broker instead of a bank. They have access to many, many banks and they are more willing to work to get you the best deal.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

l4r - check your PMs regarding the refi info.

kat - sorry for all the hassles you went through, but glad hubby is so handy! Hopefully you won't have any issues when they come to "inspect" - if they ever do!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I've just noticed that the power company tree cutters cut down this cute little tree that was between my house and my neighbor's. The tree cutters were around early this morning, but I was distracted when I left home by the enormous amount of saw dust on my car. The missing tree was maybe ten feet tall at the highest point with the leaves, probably no bigger than sixteen inches around. The neighbor's cat used it mostly as a scratching post. I have no idea why they cut it down, since it was no where near power-line height. Of course, they've left a stump, and I'll still have to mow around that. Bastards!

PhoneGrrl- Bastards indeed. Was it on your land? I would be on the phone-and demand they remove the stump!

We had to remove a huge cedar in our backyard last year. The house power line was in danger. After an ice storm, I noticed how very close the branches were to it. So one spring day, my brother and BIL brought their chains saws and cut it down. BIL also took the wood out to his house and burned it. Saved us about 1500.00. Tree removal is expensive. It is so nice to have family close by.

Thank you to katgib13 and remotegoddess.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

The power company cut down an elderberry shrub/tree that I really liked a few years ago, and like yours it was nowhere near tall enought to touch the lines. I was very peeved about it, so I called the power company and they said they were within their rights since it was right under the line and 'soon' would be touching (In several years maybe!) Evidently anything that small can be considered "brush" not "a tree", and they are within their righs to cut it even if it's in my yard. Unless I h\wanted to hire an attorney to argue about it, I could see that nothing would be done about it. Pooh.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I can feel everyones pain at having the power company cut down your trees. But I have seen the other side. I live in a rural area with a lot of trees and undeveloped land. We used to lose power all the time. Even a minor shower and our power would blink and go out. When Charlie blew threw we lost power for 4 days.

A few years ago the power company chopped down, or cut limbs off the whole side, of a lot of trees along the power lines. I was so upset because it looked like crap. I also thought it was unnecessary to cut and chop so much. But when Ivan blew through we never lost power. We have had a lot of major storms and have had very little trouble with our power since. The trees are starting to repair themselves and look a lot better then they did but they're still not a threat to any of the lines.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2384237;
    We dealt with this 4 years ago. It was a nightmare! It's still not over for us. The village could have gotten grants to have the sewage lines updated but they let time run out...fast forward 2 years and they decide it needs to be done. With all hope of financial aide out the window..they raised our water bill. It used to be about $110 every 3 months for our family of 5, now it's usually over $300. Anyway, instead of digging between our house and the neighbors to reach them both...they dug up the grass beside our driveway, around the garage to the other side of the house and ruined our patio (which consists of large stones cemented together. When they were done, they threw the dirt back in and planted grass seed. They didn't bother to even out the ground, either. Now we have this lumpy, uneven terrain for a backyard. The grass seed they planted never grew, either and they didn't come back to check it, even though the town promised us everything would be put back as it was. Eventually, we are going to fix it, but right now, we are sinking all of our money into the interior of the house.

Also, we have never had a problem with the basement flooding...until they fixed the sewage system. Now it floods all the time. My hubby couldn't figure out why, so he called a plumber in to take a look because our sink, washer, and shower were not draining even after he replaced all the old piping for them. Come to find out, the town didn't do our out-take right when they were here. So we called them and they informed us we had to pay for it and then call them to inspect it. Whatever. My hubby, who is quite the handyman, did it himself and they have yet to inspect it. It's been 4 months since we called them to come back out. Idiots.
    Oh, this has been awful and they have thrown hay over all the areas they dug up. LOOKS GREAT! They didn't even out the ground either and they patched the street and my neighbors driveway. He's hopping mad. I don't blame him, it looks like @!@#!@. He complained and they are going to repour his entire driveway. But the hay thing is ridiculous, it looks terrible.

Don't you hate when someone does something wrong, like their job? And tears up your stuff in the process. I would have been at city hall every day complaining until they fixed things. (that's what my neighbor had to practically do.) He had to threaten lawsuit as he said that what they did to his yard and driveway, lowered the value of his house and he was going to sue to make them fix it. (and he appears to be pretty anal about his yard, so I know this has had to have him practically beside himself)

Now for Stupid things I have done today:

I poured my coffee, reached in the fridge for the cream and poured diet soda on top of the coffee instead of cream. Oh boy, I am sharp as a tack today!
    Last edited by MRD; 05-13-2007 at 07:52 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Once when the power company got chop-happy my elderly neighbor lady, who used to be a marine, took her shotgun out and made them leave. She was a pistol (no pun intended).
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2387006;
    Once when the power company got chop-happy my elderly neighbor lady, who used to be a marine, took her shotgun out and made them leave. She was a pistol (no pun intended).
    If you were going to make a pun, you would have said that she was a live wire.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2387195;
    If you were going to make a pun, you would have said that she was a live wire.
    LOL - you so funny!

myrosiedog: Soda in coffee - the Newest Trend! What are you going to call it? Coffda? Sofee?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread