+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6789Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

DesertRose, that is weird. Perhaps she is senile or has Alzheimers?

Update on the doctor's visit - This is the first time we've been to this doctor so I made sure at sign-in that he signed the form authorizing me to be informed of his medical status. And I went in the back with him just to make sure he told the doctor everything that was going on. They did bloodwork and we have a follow-up but I think we'll finally get some answers as to what's been ailing him.

myrosiedog, I too sign lots of things for him and wonder if one day the bank will wonder why the signature is different. Of course in order for that to happen, he would actually have to go to the bank and there's little danger of that happening . At least I have full power of attorney to back it up just in case.

livin4reality: Ohhhh! I looked.

I should have read past your post before clicking. Here's the weirdest part: My hands feel funny now!

:sigh: I took a physical form to the hospital where a sibling is treated. 3 weeks later and they've yet to fill it out. On the paper says to call in 10 to 15 days and they aren't eve honoring that. It gets worse though, if the form had been taken to his actual doctor, it's another hassle and takes longer. For shame!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2382264;

myrosiedog, I too sign lots of things for him and wonder if one day the bank will wonder why the signature is different. Of course in order for that to happen, he would actually have to go to the bank and there's little danger of that happening . At least I have full power of attorney to back it up just in case.
    Are we married to the same man? The one who won't go to the doctor or hasn't signed his own name in the 18 years we've been married?

I too have full power of attorney as does he. Only thing is, I know where to find it, he would spend hours searching everywhere if he remembers he even has it. Which is why my brother and my friend have copies of EVERYTHING just in case.

I hope he's ok. I too insist on going back as well or I never hear the whole story. Keep us updated, hope its nothing serious.

I used to take my grandmother to the doctor. She was getting up there and forgetful. She'd complain for days and we'd get her an appointment, I'd take her in and she'd sit there and look at the doctor right in the face and tell him: "Oh I'm fine, nothing's wrong".
    Thank goodness this doctor had been our family doctor for over 30 years (and a family friend) so he knew better. But it always made me feel like an idiot as she'd make it out to I had made her come in for NO reason. Now I know why my mom quit taking her and asked me to do it.
    Last edited by MRD; 05-10-2007 at 09:37 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Archie, do let us know what happens at the follow-up appointment for your hubby.

This talk about signing for our husbands (I do it too ) and the idea of their real handwriting being rejected, reminded me of a story from high school. A kid I grew up with was quite the rebel, hated school, and played hooky constantly and wrote his own notes. So, we're seniors, graduation is just around the corner, and about three weeks before school ended he got the chicken pox. His mother wrote him a note when he returned to school, and the alert folks in the office cried out, "Aha! A fraudulent note," because naturally the handwriting didn't match all the other notes on file. When they finally figured out what had been going on for four years they were stunned and put the brakes on him graduating. Damn, so close, too. Maybe if he had attended classes, he'd have been smart enough not to make such a stupid mistake.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I love it, Roses! I did the same thing that your friend did. At the beginning of the school year they always sent out the emergency contact form. I'd fill it out and sign my father's name - my mother's handwriting is too perfect and small to duplicate, while my dad's is just scribbles. Whenever I took a note in after being absent, I signed his name. Never got caught either. My dad said later that I sign his name better than he does!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

MRD

ARGH!!!! Just when I think the sewer project has moved on, they come back! They are now cutting up the driveway across the street and the noise is deafening! The dogs are having multiple fits.

This is never going away. The disappear for a couple days and then come back.

Earlier this week, we had a huge backhoe in our side yard shaking the whole house as they dug stuff up.

What gets me is that they seem to ALWAYS start something really major on Fri. and then leave for the weekend and we are left with the equipment, holes, dirt, and problems until Mon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

ArchiecomicFan: I'm sorry to hear about your husband's illness. I hope things work out ok for you both.
    ---------
    I had a nice little experience at Zellers. Just at the top of the up escalator were a few outdoor table, chair and umbrella sets. My sinister and I sat down in one very nice one and thought, Wow, wouldn't this be nice in a yard! A nice senior gentleman came by and said we looked comfortable. I said we were waiting for coffee but the service was terrible. He smiled and said he'd look for a waiter. Then I added that I think we should have a piece of pie with the coffee and he smiled even more and said Yes, with ice cream on it! We all had a sweet chat and then decided since there was no service we should continue on. Before he left, he put his hand in his pocket and gave my sinister and I a hard candy. I got a Werthers. I felt like I was 4 years old. He made my day! What a sweetie!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I feel your pain, MRD. Didn't you know, Fridays are equipment moving and setup days. Mondays are gather materials days. Which leaves Tue, Wed, and Thurs. for actual work days...except when it is too hot or rains!

Hey, does anyone know when they put the big brother forums up? I am in serious withdrawal here.

Also, does anyone have any advice/referrals for refiancing a house? We have got to get out of the adjustable rate. ASAP.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2383693;
    ARGH!!!! Just when I think the sewer project has moved on, they come back! They are now cutting up the driveway across the street and the noise is deafening! The dogs are having multiple fits.

This is never going away. The disappear for a couple days and then come back.

Earlier this week, we had a huge backhoe in our side yard shaking the whole house as they dug stuff up.

What gets me is that they seem to ALWAYS start something really major on Fri. and then leave for the weekend and we are left with the equipment, holes, dirt, and problems until Mon.
    We dealt with this 4 years ago. It was a nightmare! It's still not over for us. The village could have gotten grants to have the sewage lines updated but they let time run out...fast forward 2 years and they decide it needs to be done. With all hope of financial aide out the window..they raised our water bill. It used to be about $110 every 3 months for our family of 5, now it's usually over $300. Anyway, instead of digging between our house and the neighbors to reach them both...they dug up the grass beside our driveway, around the garage to the other side of the house and ruined our patio (which consists of large stones cemented together. When they were done, they threw the dirt back in and planted grass seed. They didn't bother to even out the ground, either. Now we have this lumpy, uneven terrain for a backyard. The grass seed they planted never grew, either and they didn't come back to check it, even though the town promised us everything would be put back as it was. Eventually, we are going to fix it, but right now, we are sinking all of our money into the interior of the house.

Also, we have never had a problem with the basement flooding...until they fixed the sewage system. Now it floods all the time. My hubby couldn't figure out why, so he called a plumber in to take a look because our sink, washer, and shower were not draining even after he replaced all the old piping for them. Come to find out, the town didn't do our out-take right when they were here. So we called them and they informed us we had to pay for it and then call them to inspect it. Whatever. My hubby, who is quite the handyman, did it himself and they have yet to inspect it. It's been 4 months since we called them to come back out. Idiots.

+ Reply to Thread