+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7193Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My husband has been having some medical issues. Getting him to go to the doctor is like pulling teeth with pliers and no pain medication. On Tuesday I make him an appointment and I think it's for Wed (yesterday). Tues. night the automative service calls to confirm the appointment for Thursday. So on Wed. I call to make sure his appointment isn't that day as I know they would be ticked if we didn't show up (never mind that it's okay for them to keep us in the waiting room for however long they wish but that's another peeve).

Here's the exchange: Me: I'm calling to see when my husband's appointment is because what I have and what the autocall said aren't the same.
    Phone person: Your husband hasn't signed a HIPPA form allowing us to give you that information (this I totally understand).
    Me: But I'm the one who made the appointment and he's not here. I really just want to make sure it's not today. How about this, can you at least confirm that it's not today?
    Phone person: The appointment is not today.
    Me: Thank you very much.

I understand their position and was grateful that she "played along" with me. This wasn't really a peeve at them. More so I'm peeved at my husband because if I didn't make the appointment he wouldn't have but then he needs to understand due to medical privacy, there's only so much I can do before he needs to step up and take part in his own care!

Isn't it funny how you can make the appt. but they can't confirm it? It cracks me up.

I hope everything with your hubby is okay.

That is frustrating ArchieComic Fan. Maybe you should suggest to your husband that he sign the HIPAA form, so you don't have the same issue in the future.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Oh Mariner, you are so very diplomatic .
    This would be me: Sign the friggin form or I will hound you until you do! (In a loving way, of course!)
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD

Or do what I do: sign it for them. If my husband ever has to sign his own name to something, it will probably get rejected as I've signed his name to so many things as even the hounding (loving or not) doesn't work here.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The weirdest thing just happened to me! During my afternoon break, I was walking and talking with a colleague when we crossed an older lady (maybe 70) who was also walking with purpose. She stopped in front of me, shoved her hand in my sweater, between my breasts and said: Here, a souvenir. My friend just looked at me in shock as I pulled out a candy wrapper (sans candy) from between my breasts. By the time we got our voices back, the lady was long gone. What the heck?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2381839;
    The weirdest thing just happened to me! During my afternoon break, I was walking and talking with a colleague when we crossed an older lady (maybe 70) who was also walking with purpose. She stopped in front of me, shoved her hand in my sweater, between my breasts and said: Here, a souvenir. My friend just looked at me in shock as I pulled out a candy wrapper (sans candy) from between my breasts. By the time we got our voices back, the lady was long gone. What the heck?
    WHAT?? I am sure I'm sitting here with your friend's shocked face.

There was no garbage can around, so she had to stick it down your sweater?

A souvenir from a VERY weird experience. Wow, I am just in shock myself!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2381210;
    My husband has been having some medical issues. Getting him to go to the doctor is like pulling teeth with pliers and no pain medication. On Tuesday I make him an appointment and I think it's for Wed (yesterday). Tues. night the automative service calls to confirm the appointment for Thursday. So on Wed. I call to make sure his appointment isn't that day as I know they would be ticked if we didn't show up (never mind that it's okay for them to keep us in the waiting room for however long they wish but that's another peeve).

Here's the exchange: Me: I'm calling to see when my husband's appointment is because what I have and what the autocall said aren't the same.
    Phone person: Your husband hasn't signed a HIPPA form allowing us to give you that information (this I totally understand).
    Me: But I'm the one who made the appointment and he's not here. I really just want to make sure it's not today. How about this, can you at least confirm that it's not today?
    Phone person: The appointment is not today.
    Me: Thank you very much.

I understand their position and was grateful that she "played along" with me. This wasn't really a peeve at them. More so I'm peeved at my husband because if I didn't make the appointment he wouldn't have but then he needs to understand due to medical privacy, there's only so much I can do before he needs to step up and take part in his own care!
    My whole point with things like this is that you could get any man to call in and pretend to be your husband and they would give him the information (like if you had a male friend around when you were making the call). My friend had this issue with the cable company where they wouldn't give her any details because her husband's name was the only one on the account. Never mind that the automatic debit came out of her personal account every month.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Holy Hell! What nerve!

That reminds me of the time when I was maybe ten years old - I was walking with a friend and had a to-go soda with no lid on the cup. Some older man walking toward us stuck his finger in his mouth, then into my pop! I tell ya' even then I was an a$$hole magnet.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread