+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6169Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

We still get mail for my boyfriend's old flat-mate. He lived here 4 years ago and then moved to Washington D.C. The bank still send his letters here and we have written on the envelope that he doesn't live here and we don't know where he lives in D.C. We got one just the other day and I'm guessing we'll get more to come as well. It's really annoying that the bank doesn't read the mail that comes back to them.

MRD

I think I mentioned here once before how we kept getting collection calls and messages for someone who had our number before we did. They were nasty too. And our Ansering machine had OUR last names on it.

I got so disgusted that I recorded this message and I emphasized all the names: "You have reached the SMITH'S, NOT the JONES'. If you would like to leave a message for the SMITH'S, please do so at the beep and the SMITH'S will call you back. "

they still left messages for the other family.

But the one that REALLY upset me, was we had been living in our home for about a year when a sherriff's deputy knocked on the door with a warrant. He asked me a lot of questions. I told him that I was not who he was looking for and I had to produce both our lease and my ID to show him who I was and how long we had been living in the house.

Here's a nice peeve for you:

I called our car loan company yesterday. We have ONE payment left ( )
    I wanted to make sure I got the exact amount owed right as its one of those "odd" payments and I knew we had a late fee because to be honest, we had not paid all of April's payment (we got hit with both state, federal and state car tax (for both cars) and plate renewal in April and were frankly, short on funds). So we had a partial payment, the odd payment and a late fee. I had figured out what I thought we owed, but wanted a confirmation.

So I call and ask for the payoff on the loan. (I've done this a million times as a closing officer and have never been refused). They won't give it to me.
    WTF??? I said: "The reason I'm asking for the payoff is that on Fri. we will be PAYING OFF THE LOAN FOR GOOD. Don't you want the money?" She argued back and forth with me and I was so frustrated. The reason she wouldn't give me the payoff? We were late on part of April's payment. Still WTF?
    She wanted me to WIRE in (and pay $13 to do so) the part of April's payment and then she'd give me the payoff. "I said NO WAY, you either give me the FULL amount we owe you now, or you can keep making phone calls to me every day like you've been doing for a week. We want to pay off the loan. We want to get rid of you and you will get rid of us." Then I said: "fine, I'll have my lawyer call you back" (which I don't have one, but that always works for some reason). She gave me the payoff amount: $236.18
    Yeah, HUGE amount owed to them. Why it was such a hassle is beyond me and I've never heard of a company refusing to give a payoff amount. I mean, usually when I ask for a payoff, they are HAPPY as it means they are getting paid! I was steaming mad. You'd have thought we owed them $50,000 or something. All this crap over $236.18. And yes, I realize that I was late with a payment, still the car was being totally paid off, they would take us off their books and be done with it. Refusing to give out an amount so you can get paid for it is the most ridiculous thing I have EVER heard in my life.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Refusing to give out an amount so you can get paid for it is the most ridiculous thing I have EVER heard in my life.
    You don't read my posts, do you? I agree, the fool on the other end of the phone doesn't have a clear grasp on the advanced concept of "we give you money, you pay us back." Even if you were accruing a daily penalty, there are these magic devices called calculators that can be used to predict the amount due for any date in the future.

Any more, when I've gone around the same circle twice, I ask for a supervisor.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2378216;
    You don't read my posts, do you? I agree, the fool on the other end of the phone doesn't have a clear grasp on the advanced concept of "we give you money, you pay us back." Even if you were accruing a daily penalty, there are these magic devices called calculators that can be used to predict the amount due for any date in the future.

Any more, when I've gone around the same circle twice, I ask for a supervisor.
    Well here's the bad thing. I WAS dealing with the supervisor! (and yes, I read your posts. Remember them? Aw, that may be a different story. )

Fool is not the word I used to describe this person. But there is a word that starts with "F" in the phrase I used to describe her to my husband. "Idiotic MORON" completed the sentence.

I just am amazed at the fact that they refused to tell me so they could get paid. Who runs a business like that? Newf, you own your own business right? I mean, if someone calls you and asks the amount of their bill for a survey so they can send you a check, you'd be what I described above for refusing to tell them.

I don't know why I continue to be amazed at the level of stupidity I run into daily. But yet, I continue to be amazed. I must have way to optimistic an outlook on humanity, because I guess I give most people way too much credit sometimes. That must make me stupid to be surprised over and over again at the ineptness in the world.

MRD, I can guess that the word is "freakin'" or "flippin'". I think it's like that all over the world in all facets of business.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2378325;
    MRD, I can guess that the word is "freakin'" or "flippin'". I think it's like that all over the world in all facets of business.
    Yep, it was one of those words!

And unfortunately you're right about it being like that in business.

However, HAD I NOT sent them the money owed, I would have lost my car for $236.18. I mean, what do I have to do to get someone to take my money??????
    Cause you don't have to ask me twice to accept a payment. I billed for my husband's company a couple years ago. I never turned down the money.

Cause you don't have to ask me twice to accept a payment. I billed for my husband's company a couple years ago. I never turned down the money.
    I turned down a payment once. An idiot client decided that he only wanted to pay $50 of a $250 bill, and so he wrote "paid in full" in the memo line of his check. Nice try, but I caught it and sent it back with a tersely worded letter. He still refused to pay, so we went to Small Claims Court. :nono I think the judge was a little surprised at my knowledge of contracts (thanks to a course I took 20+ years earlier) and I know he was floored when I properly invoked a couple of provisions of the Statue of Frauds. Idiot client didn't stand a chance
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

The ongoing saga of the car payment

You guys aren't going to believe this (well, maybe you will. I seem to be the only one genuinely surprised. See above post about MY level of stupidity)

They called me again just a few minutes ago.

Here is the exchange:

Mrs. W., your April payment is late.

Yes, I know, I called yesterday to get the payoff amount as we are paying off the loan on Fri.

We can't give you the payoff amount

I already have it

You do? because we can't tell you until the late payment is made.

The late payment, late charges and May payment are all being made at the same time on Fri. The loan will be TOTALLY paid off at that time. I talked to Mrs. Fernandez about this yesterday.

Well its not in MY computer.

I can't help that, but you will have the full $236.19 on Fri afternoon.

Well that is not the amount I have, I have you owe us $129.19.

That's the late April payment. The May payment added to that comes to $236.19.

So you're going to send the FULL amount?

Yes. On Friday. Goodbye.

I SWEAR that on Mon., I am going to start calling them EVERY day and ask where my car title is and when are they sending it. I am going to pretend that I don't know about any previous phone call asking the same question.

I also swear that if I lived closer, I'd take it in all in pennies.

I am off now to take a pill. I should be sending them my pharmacy and pyschiatrist bills!

This is one of those days I wish I still had my boxing gloves and punching bag as I'd attach the loan agreement to the bag and pummel it to death!

Good for you Newf. I wouldn't accept a partial payment either like that. Fortunately I never had anyone do that in the short time I did the billing.
    And yes, I realize I sent in a partial car payment, but we figured some was better than none and they accepted it and appeared to be fine that we were going to be late with the rest and would be paying the late charge. It's not like I didn't make those arrangements beforehand with them. I did call and talk to them about April's payment and they were fine. I do keep good notes when I talk to these people. They however don't appear to know anything about anything and don't keep notes or update the computers.

They need to change the name to "Head up our butts finance company".

Let me also add that when they call me, the name on the caller ID is never the same. There are at least 5 consecutive phone numbers they have callled me from and all 5 have different company names on them.

And THIS is the finance company that the dealership used when we bought the car. Apparantly it's 5 finance companies in one.
    Last edited by Yardgnome; 05-09-2007 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Removed colored text

My oh my, I find it to be such a hassle to deal with companies.
    Especially when you're paying something off and it benefits them!

My peeve for the day well, it's been going on for 2 1/2 weeks now. But at least once every few days our power surges enough so that the power goes out and comes back on. Meaning we have to reset everything. Well yesterday the power goes out for a little over an hour and then again this morning! I know it's not something that can be controlled, but I just get so annoyed having to reset everything in the house

CCL

Good for you for keeping notes and not letting them get away with stuff, myrosiedog! I hate when companies are such idiots, especially when their representatives blindly follow (often inane) rules/protocols rather than trying to work with a customer (particularly a customer who wants to pay them off!). It's like they can only respond a certain way and if it is not on their computer then it doesn't exist.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread