+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6975Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I looked at it yesterday and it seriously made me feel ill. He looks like he has barnacles growing on his hands and feet. It's nasty. I need to stop thinking about it because it makes me feel sick all over again.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's been a bit of non-stop queasy, and trying to block out the image since I looked.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2376261;
    It's been a bit of non-stop queasy, and trying to block out the image since I looked.
    Which is why I'm not looking. I will carry the image with me for too long.

Which is one of the reasons I was never a Ripley's fan or those horrid Wax Museums. Too many disturbing things that won't go away for me!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

You guys made me burst out laughing. I know people write that all the time on the internet, this time I did. Exactly the same reaction I had.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm going to send the link to a friend of mine who loves gross things and if she turns green...that will mean that that link is way over the top! Heck! I couldn't even watch Fear Factor...her favorite show. Eeeeeewwwww.....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2376152;
    I looked at it yesterday and it seriously made me feel ill. He looks like he has barnacles growing on his hands and feet. It's nasty. I need to stop thinking about it because it makes me feel sick all over again.
    I couldn't help but think....how does this guy type? Didn't the article say he had a blog? Maybe it was someone else...but I can't make myself look at it again to check.

My peeve: getting the run around. After carefully making sure I am contacting the right person about something (and waiting 2 days to get ahold of them) I am told that I actually have to talk to someone completely different. And now this person is not answering their phone! I'll have to wait another 2 days! Grrrrrr....
    Don't let the small things sweat

Peeve:
    Yesterday at dinnertime (of course) and again this morning, I received a recorded message of "Importance" for Ms. X. I know it must be a bill collection agency. The only way to let them know they have the wrong number is if I call the number they leave on the message and refer to account number xxxxxx. The same thing happened to me at our old phone number and I just ignored the calls. A human being eventually called looking for that person. The weird thing with that case was we had the same first name and when the collection agent asked for "C" I said that was me. She did not believe me when I told her she had the wrong "C". I hate it when people skip without paying their bills.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I have a unusual last name. We've been getting collection notices in the mail for someone with our name, but different first name. A couple of times I've returned their letters and even wrote once that there is nobody by that name here. Still hasn't worked, we keep getting the notices.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2377052;
    I have a unusual last name. We've been getting collection notices in the mail for someone with our name, but different first name. A couple of times I've returned their letters and even wrote once that there is nobody by that name here. Still hasn't worked, we keep getting the notices.
    My husband and I have a common British last name. We started getting phone calls for another couple with our SAME names...she even had the same middle initial as me but the man's middle initial was E and my husband is G. At first I thought someone was trying to talk us in to a credit card on a phone call and when I said "no thank you" she then went on about how 'we' owed them money....and WE didn't even do business with that store! Another time a bank kept calling and leaving nasty messages on our answering machine for the other people. The first time I heard it, my heart was pounding as I raced for my checkbook wondering if did indeed forget my car payment! Turns out it was a 'green logo' type bank that--after I thought about it--we hadn't done business with them in over 10 years and we really banked at a different 'green logo' type bank! I called that bank number and explained the situation and it took many, many calls to get them to quit calling our house! Seems I could never talk to a manager....
    We recently moved out of the county we had lived in for 30 years. We had lived near the north border of the county and the other folks lived near the southern border of that same county.
    When they were doing the final title search on our home, our mortgage guy called us up to say that they found that there were two liens on our home....one for that woman from some unpaid bank in the county below us and one from the county court for back child support against the man. Thankfully our mortgage guy knew that we didn't have any minor children at home anymore and understood the situation completely when we explained...but it was VERY stressful when you're trying to move with deadlines. We signed off on affidavits to get those off.
    I looked the other couple up on line--they were embroiled in a bitter divorce...etc...etc...but they were a Cancer & Libra...like us, he is two years older than her...like us and they were both exactly 10 years younger than each of us! How queer is that?!
    There were a few odd things on our credit reports that we found and had cleaned off. We learned how important it is to look at that stuff! I just am amazed at how financial institutions/courts go and slap liens around without matching up social security numbers at the very least. Their names were very, very close...but that was no excuse!!
    .... and let me just throw out there that my husband is 51....yeah...you do the math!!

Argh!!!!! I can't remove my own damn power supply. :sigh: :nono
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread