+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7195Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2370275;
    You guys are getting RAIN? I am jealous-- everything here has almost dried up to death already this year.

And, if you're like me, then you could step on the wet spot and slide YOURSELF across the floor for even more doggy entertainment!
    Queenb, I will gladly send some about 2 hours south of here. We have actual flood advisories, we've gotten so much rain. AND my husband drove through a horrible hail storm yesterday. We have not seen the sun in 3 days.
    I have a lake at the end of my driveway and of course, the ever prissy and finicky (but we like to roll in stinky stuff) dogs, do NOT want to go out as they might get wet!

The ice cube idea sounded like fun Veejer, but after reading Queenb's post, I realized that I would be doing like her and sliding around hurting myself. And the dogs would be no help as they'd probably just lick my face while I lay on the floor in agonizing pain. Rosie thinks anyone that gets on the floor is there to play with her anyway.

We entertained ourselves ( and I have no eartly idea WHY???) by watching the wedding cake challenges on the food network this afternoon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2370105;
    ....check for the money they raised at Eldora, a local speedway.....
    Eldora is more than just a local speedway. It's one of the most famous dirt tracks in the country which just happens to be owned by 2 time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart. Tony bought the track from legendary owner Earl Baltes in 2004. Great racing!

Yup! We don't live far from it. Maybe about 30 minutes....Luckily, they postponed the ceremony due to rain...so my son gets to give his speech on the 19th now.

Well, for those of you also complaining of the rain, just know that it SNOWED here last night. White fluffy flakes covering all the new grass and flower shoots. Thankfully, it was melted by about 10 am.

I couldn't get to sleep until 6am this morning! Lady at Tim Hortons must have given me real coffee

I was bored too, so I got my butt out of the house at 10 am and walked West Edmonton Mall from one end to the other, including the side malls. It's a full 6km walk. I did it in about an hour. Next time I'll have to go earlier. There were starting to be too many tourists and baby strollers holding me up. Is 6km/hr a good time for walking?

This afternoon, I threw a bag of grass seed all over the lawn. Who knows, if it doesn't freeze, maybe it will grow? Kitties got some outside time. Thank goodness or I might have had to resort to throwing ice cubes around the floor! LOL

Then I vaccumed the house, and finished plastering the bathroom walls, ceiling, back entrance and the rest of places where it was cracking.

I am so sore....I've taken a tylenol and ibuprofin. I'm going to have a hot shower and plan to be in bed early.

But the best part of the day was the sunshine! It came out and said HI!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

This goes to the how stupid are you award committee: I woke up this morning gave Joey his breakfast, went back into the kitchen(to the Mr. Coffee, that has it made when I wake up) and dumped out the entire pot of hot coffee that was ready for me, and made another "fresh" pot of coffee.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

gabriel! Maybe you were sleepwalking? Does Joey make you breakfast too?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Ewwww, Misskitty, the idea of joey making breakfast made me think of the meals Bette Davis gave Joan Crawford in "Whatever Happened to Baby jane"
    Those would be gourmet fare for cats!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

This goes under the how stupid am I thread...

I didn't file for a homestead refund or food tax refund. Decided to work on that today and guess what? You have to file it by April 15. WTH was I thinking? Obviously thinking I could do it whenever I want. I had refund of $700 coming too...and come to think of it, I think I spaced out doing it last year too. Sheesh.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    She would like to get out of fast food. It will disappoint Waldo though. He gets SO excited when she comes home from work because she smells like a giant sub to him.
    When my son worked at McDonald's, he would come home and take his shoes off by the front door because they were so gross from all the grease. Every single time, my little terrier Dolly would lay down and lick his shoes for a solid 1/2 hour.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2370815;
    I was bored too, so I got my butt out of the house at 10 am and walked West Edmonton Mall from one end to the other, including the side malls. It's a full 6km walk. I did it in about an hour. Next time I'll have to go earlier. There were starting to be too many tourists and baby strollers holding me up. Is 6km/hr a good time for walking?
    Six km/h is about 3.7 miles per hour, and the average for adults is about 3mph, so I'd say you're stepping right along
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread