+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6993Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Get you some cement shoes!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2366891;
    Peeve: The wind! It's been very very windy here. Windy enough to blow tucks off the highways. It's been off an on for over a week, mostly on and it's just starting to bother me that I can't go outside without almost being blown over.
    You should try living with the Kansas wind. Homes here are built with a small hole in the roof, and every morning the residents hoist a 1" diameter steel bar up through the hole. If the wind doesn't bend the bar, it's OK to go outside.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2366853;
    Bath & Body works has a great smelling honeysuckle one. I smell it when I do my walking at the mall when it's raining out.
    I love that one. You have discerning tastes Unk.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2367149;
    You should try living with the Kansas wind. Homes here are built with a small hole in the roof, and every morning the residents hoist a 1" diameter steel bar up through the hole. If the wind doesn't bend the bar, it's OK to go outside.
    You know, Newf, for a minute there as I was reading this I was trying to remember if there was a hole in the roof of my old house... I was born in Wichita and lived there as a gradeschooler. I swear it was just for a minute! I'm naive, not totally gullible!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2367149;

It's not quite that bad, but we do have our windy days.

Add me to those who drop ice cubes. I'm so bad the comes running when he hears me getting ice.

And lavender and honeysuckle are 2 of my all time favorite scents. Magnolia and lilac are up there too.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Count me in on the lavender as well - love it. Mr. Rattus put together a basket of lavender and verveine scented products (soap, lotion, candles) from L'Occitane for my birthday last week, and I must say, I, and the house, smell enchanting.

I also got a yogurt maker for which I must thank the delightful and knowledgeable people at FORT. I got all enthusiastic about the idea of making my own after reading a conversation in here from a while back. I am all excited about making my own frozen mango yogurt totally from scratch this weekend - it is possibly the tastiest food on the planet.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Entry for the former How Stupid Are You thread: I read Canadian Angel's post three times, trying to figure out what a "tuck" is.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2368024;
    Entry for the former How Stupid Are You thread: I read Canadian Angel's post three times, trying to figure out what a "tuck" is.
    Heh. I just went back to reread CA's post and it suddenly dawn on me what a "tuck" is myself. The first time I read it, I thought it was some kind of construction barrier. D'oh!
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2367886;
    You know, Newf, for a minute there as I was reading this I was trying to remember if there was a hole in the roof of my old house... I was born in Wichita and lived there as a gradeschooler. I swear it was just for a minute! I'm naive, not totally gullible!
    I was with you, remote goddess! That Newf is such a jokester.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2368036;
    Heh. I just went back to reread CA's post and it suddenly dawn on me what a "tuck" is myself. The first time I read it, I thought it was some kind of construction barrier. D'oh!
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2368024;

Count me in with this group! I just thought it was some kind of weird Canadian thing that we don't have in the good ol' US of A! The light finally came on....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread