+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6558Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2365447;
    I know a lot of people that feel the same way about beer. Didn't like it the first time they had it and developed a taste for it. I can't say I was one of those. I happened to like beer the first time I ever had it.
    Me too. And gin . With tonic and a slice of lime.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2365472;
    Me too. And gin . With tonic and a slice of lime.
    Gin was an acquired taste for me. First time I had it I thought it tasted like Nyquil. But is a Gin and tonic with lime ever refreshing on a hot summer evening!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2364286;
    Yes I know. I was born and raised in Tennessee and manage a down home country style restaurant. I'm quite familiar with sweet tea.
    My grandmother was born and lived in Tenn for only the first 7 years. We all grew up on sweet tea. Nothing like it in the world. They never served sweet tea where I grew up (at least then).

Sweet tea is my most favorite drink. Now I drink lots of different flavors of tea, but all of them are sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2365397;
    And back to coffee. Quick question - who here took a liking to coffee the first time they tried it? I've been asking that of people in our office kitchen, and only one person has ever said they liked it at first drink. Quick second question - if you didn't like it, why did you learn to like it? I've never understood why people make the effort to develop a taste for something that tastes so vile and isn't even good for you - it's not like attempting to develop a taste for cruciferous vegetables . If there's any question on my stance, I hate coffee and all coffee flavoured things, with the single exception of cappucino yogurt.
    I have tried it a couple of time because it coffee beans just smell so good. MrC and I both love our tea but no coffee at all. We both tried it, and even tried flavors mainly because when we'd walk through the mall (ah, those were the days!) and could smell the coffee it just smelled like it would taste good. It doesn't. We both tried it a few times but neither of us really liked and I couldn't see forcing myself to like it. If I need a little caffeine I drink tea--although that has considerably less caffeine. Of a funny note I was talking the other day about the caffeine in tea and had someone tell me they never knew there was caffeine in tea.
    Last edited by justCoz; 05-03-2007 at 12:02 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I used to like the smell of gin, but the taste was a whole different issue. Yuck-o to me! Beer is a whole different animal, too. I get annoyed with the bathroom factor. Maybe it's just me. It seems to irritate my bladder.

mrd, I saw your post about always dropping an ice cube. My son has done that for as long as I can remember. He can't ever not drop one. And then he just starts giggling, because I am giving him "the look". I just don't get it. He tries not to look at me, but he just can't help it. Then he tries to throw the dirty cube in the sink....couldn't hit it if he was standing in it. Annoying, but funny.

Maybe I don't drop any because I seldom use ice. But when I do...I don't drop it!! Maybe it comes from his dad's side of the family?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rattus, I liked coffee as a little girl, but that was because my dad made it for me with lots of milk and sugar. As a young adult I drank hot tea mostly, but when I started working as a computer programmer I started drinking coffee again, and I can't say why that was . When I quit work, the only thing I took home from the job was my coffee habit. I still take it with cream but no sugar.

ETA: I liked beer from the first sip, too. My brother and I used to slip in and drink whatever was left in the bottom of the glasses/bottles while my parents were walking our visitors to their cars. We thought we were so sneaky.
    Last edited by cricketeen; 05-03-2007 at 01:08 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2365728;
    I used to like the smell of gin, but the taste was a whole different issue. Yuck-o to me! Beer is a whole different animal, too. I get annoyed with the bathroom factor. Maybe it's just me. It seems to irritate my bladder.

mrd, I saw your post about always dropping an ice cube. My son has done that for as long as I can remember. He can't ever not drop one. And then he just starts giggling, because I am giving him "the look". I just don't get it. He tries not to look at me, but he just can't help it. Then he tries to throw the dirty cube in the sink....couldn't hit it if he was standing in it. Annoying, but funny.

Maybe I don't drop any because I seldom use ice. But when I do...I don't drop it!! Maybe it comes from his dad's side of the family?
    Well you know what they say, you only RENT beer! I don't like to drink it when we are out as I seem to spend the large part of the evening in the restroom.

Well maybe its a genetic thing and your son and I are related as I ALWAYS drop ice cubes and it doesn't matter if they are from a tray or from the ice dispenser in the fridge, one ALWAYS escapes. But I am about your son not being able to hit the sink. My daughter is the same way.
    I drop everything I come in contact with. It is so irritating. I cannot seem to hold anything in my hands without dropping it. And no, I don't visit many china or cystal shops!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm trying to stay away from coffee and tea altogether as I like milk and sugar in both. And I'm trying to cut down on sugar; real or imitated. It's harder than I thought. Same goes with pop. Hard to find no caffeine, reduced sugar pop. I can taste the aspartame if it's in pop. So I've been drinking a lot of milk and water. And a bit of juice. And I'm not drinking alcohol either.

But I have to say a half bottle of a cold beer sure hits the spot after working in the yard on a hot day. And I used to love gin and tonic with lime. But alas, my new program doesn't allow either.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I bought the best smelling Yankee Candle. It is lavender sage. I think even a guy would like it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Bath & Body works has a great smelling honeysuckle one. I smell it when I do my walking at the mall when it's raining out.

Peeve: The wind! It's been very very windy here. Windy enough to blow tucks off the highways. It's been off an on for over a week, mostly on and it's just starting to bother me that I can't go outside without almost being blown over.

+ Reply to Thread