+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5781Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2364150;
    Sweet tea, the nectar of the gods.
    Amen to that! I drink Sweet Tea constantly. I live in the South, so its a very common thing here.
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

Quote Originally Posted by RealityDiva;2364266;
    Amen to that! I drink Sweet Tea constantly. I live in the South, so its a very common thing here.
    Yes I know. I was born and raised in Tennessee and manage a down home country style restaurant. I'm quite familiar with sweet tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2364286;
    Yes I know. I was born and raised in Tennessee and manage a down home country style restaurant. I'm quite familiar with sweet tea.
    Wow, that sounds like a great restaurant. Just reading that is making me hungry!

It was funny when my boyfriend, who was born/raised in Queens, NY came to Charlotte to visit... He was so shocked that they actually 'put sugar in it before they give it to you'.
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sweet tea makes the dentists very happy, I heard today.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityDiva;2364113;
    My sister gets a "Double Mocha Frappuccino with chocolate syrup" at Starbucks. She gave me a sip once, and I literally tasted no coffee... She said it makes her 'look older' when she drinks it. *Sigh*
    I'm a tea drinker too... However, I'm a SWEET tea drinker!
    I'd rather my sons drink coffee to look older than smoke (they don't do either so far ).

My family vacations south of Ohio started in the late sixties. I was surprised, too, that the tea came sweetened - even at nine years old I didn't like sugar in my tea, unsweetened quenched my thirst better. Sometime during the late seventies/early eighties I noticed more and more restaurants in the South offering a choice.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2363579;
    After paying Cingular 110 bucks for 2 years for 3 phones, I vowed never again would I sign up. I spent 20 cheapo phone, no contract, and bought minutes. They have since expired, I think I only used that phone once or twice. So I can proudly say, I am free from cell phones!

Someone upthread mentioned people taking calls when they are out with others. My best friend is the worst about this. Or invariably I'll call and 5 minutes into our convo her DH calls. Or her brother. I always get-"Let me call you back" Burns my biscuits. I could see it if it were an occasional thing, but it's not. Should I say something to her?

RealityDiva- I go round and round with my 13 yo about the Starbucks thing. I don't think all that caffine is good for anyone, and paying $5 for a fancy coffee is a waste of money. So it is a very rare treat when I take her there. She has been known to save the coffee cups and reuse them...
    I have a friend that does that with calls too or takes then when we are out together and talks forever. HELLO? I am right here. I've said something and it doesn't work. She's addicted, plain and simple. And she's done that to me this morning as we were talking on the phone, she had to take another call and said she would call me back.

I hate "4bucks" coffee (tastes burnt to me. I don't like the fancy stuff, so I always order regular coffee and it is nasty), so we don't go often. My daughter loves it, but I make her pay for the frappicino's she loves. She's drank coffee since she was 5. I know, but back then, it was a glass of milk with maybe 2 spoonfuls of coffee in it.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityDiva;2364113;
    My sister gets a "Double Mocha Frappuccino with chocolate syrup" at Starbucks. She gave me a sip once, and I literally tasted no coffee... She said it makes her 'look older' when she drinks it. *Sigh*
    Hey, at least its not smoking. So many teens smoke because it makes them look older. At least this isn't as dangerous.

Probably the ONLY thing Southern I don't eat or drink is sweet tea. I used too, but I got used to drinking it with just lemon. Now the ONLY time I will order sweet tea is if I am at a BBQ place. Sweet tea and BBQ just go so well together.
    (Ok, I don't eat chitlins either. But I do embrace everything else Southern and down home).
    Last edited by MRD; 05-03-2007 at 08:58 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2365330;
    I hate "4bucks" coffee (tastes burnt to me).
    Me too. I call it "Charbucks".
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2365330;
    ... And she's done that to me this morning as we were talking on the phone, she had to take another call and said she would call me back.
    If someone does this to me and I'm not talking to a business, I hang up. Unless someone is specifically waiting for an important call (anything hospital or job-interview related, for example) they shouldn't be putting their friends on hold. I think that it the height of rudeness to treat people as though anyone and everyone else is more important, which putting them on hold says to me.

And back to coffee. Quick question - who here took a liking to coffee the first time they tried it? I've been asking that of people in our office kitchen, and only one person has ever said they liked it at first drink. Quick second question - if you didn't like it, why did you learn to like it? I've never understood why people make the effort to develop a taste for something that tastes so vile and isn't even good for you - it's not like attempting to develop a taste for cruciferous vegetables . If there's any question on my stance, I hate coffee and all coffee flavoured things, with the single exception of cappucino yogurt.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Rattus - I drink my coffee with two creams and two sugars, so it certainly doesn't taste vile at all! It's the way my parents drank their coffee, and I remember sneaking sips as a kid and loving it! So I guess I never had to "develop" a taste for it because I've loved it for as long as I can remember!

My daughters are the same way - they love to steal sips of my coffee. Neither drink it on a regular basis, but my oldest, who will be 13 in July, has taken to asking for a cup on Saturday mornings when we like to sit out on the porch and plan our day.

I know the caffeine isn't great for her, but I don't allow the girls to drink a lot of soda or sugary drinks (it's milk, water, and juice in my house!), so I feel like it's an indulgence she can afford on an occasional basis.

MRD

If I had to drink black coffee, I probably wouldnt' drink it. But I drink mine with cream and splenda and its very good that way.

I started as a kid, like mine started. I wanted coffee like my parents and my mom put my milk in a coffee mug and would add a spoonfull of coffee. I was about 5. Gradually the amount of coffee increased as did the addition of sugar until by 10 I was probably drinking a cup of coffee every morning, but with a generous helping of milk.

I drink mostly decaf now and flavored coffees, even though it has some caffiene in it. But my family teases me that I like a little coffee with my cream and splenda. But the addition of a flavored coffee with lots of cream and sweetner, make it very comforting to me.

My husband drinks it black and he said that he didn't develop a taste for it until he was in the army and had to stand guard duty at night and drank it just for the caffiene and that sugar and cream were NOT available, so he eventually developed a taste for it black.

I know a lot of people that feel the same way about beer. Didn't like it the first time they had it and developed a taste for it. I can't say I was one of those. I happened to like beer the first time I ever had it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread