+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6407Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've been in your shoes, unfortunately. All I can say is that now is a good time to learn patience. It will be there when it gets there. I got all 3 of my refunds, with nothing being questioned. Besides....Bush is spending it all on Iraq, anyway!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Okay, thanks for the advise. I figured it was just a red-flag deal and that they were coming, just more slowly than I would prefer! What threw me off was 2006 coming so quickly!

I'll just wait... patiently...

[QUOTE=myrosiedog;2363261;]

So am I the ONLY one without a cell phone? [QUOTE]

No. It's you and ME girl! I have never had one. Don't own one. Don't want one. Thanks. Call me at home on my machine, or leave me an e-mail. Even better, write a letter or send a card. I love getting stuff in the regular snail mail!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I don't have one either. My daughter got one before she was 18 so it had to be in my name. Now that she's almost 21 she doesn't want to change it because she would lose her phone # or have to fill out a lot of paperwork to keep it.
    Count your blessings!

For some reason, my parents gave me a cell phone when I was 12! Crazy, I know. I hardly used it.

I upgraded to a nicer phone after 8th grade but again, never used it. Now, I have NO cell phone, because I asked my parents for my own phone line for my business. It's a lot cheaper and no hassle at all.

Kids are getting cell phones at such young ages, now. I swear, I have seen way too many pre-teen girls holding their cell phones in one hand, and a Starbucks coffee in the other...
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

After paying Cingular 110 bucks for 2 years for 3 phones, I vowed never again would I sign up. I spent 20 cheapo phone, no contract, and bought minutes. They have since expired, I think I only used that phone once or twice. So I can proudly say, I am free from cell phones!

Someone upthread mentioned people taking calls when they are out with others. My best friend is the worst about this. Or invariably I'll call and 5 minutes into our convo her DH calls. Or her brother. I always get-"Let me call you back" Burns my biscuits. I could see it if it were an occasional thing, but it's not. Should I say something to her?

RealityDiva- I go round and round with my 13 yo about the Starbucks thing. I don't think all that caffine is good for anyone, and paying $5 for a fancy coffee is a waste of money. So it is a very rare treat when I take her there. She has been known to save the coffee cups and reuse them...
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I too don't have a cell phone, I've even read articles about people faking phone calls for the sake of attention. Enough said.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My mother did not believe in young teens drinking coffee, so I didn't really get anything like that until really late in my senior year. That may be why I'm not a huge coffee drinker to this day. I prefer teas. I have to admit that I am shocked at how many "little kids" I see drinking coffee.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2364098;
    My mother did not believe in young teens drinking coffee, so I didn't really get anything like that until really late in my senior year. That may be why I'm not a huge coffee drinker to this day. I prefer teas. I have to admit that I am shocked at how many "little kids" I see drinking coffee.
    The funny thing is, half of them are drinking a coffee drink covered up with chocolate syrups and flavorings!

My sister gets a "Double Mocha Frappuccino with chocolate syrup" at Starbucks. She gave me a sip once, and I literally tasted no coffee... She said it makes her 'look older' when she drinks it. *Sigh*

I'm a tea drinker too... However, I'm a SWEET tea drinker!
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

Quote Originally Posted by RealityDiva;2364113;
    I'm a tea drinker too... However, I'm a SWEET tea drinker!
    Sweet tea, the nectar of the gods.

+ Reply to Thread