+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 2451 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546861365361036 ... LastLast
Like Tree6155Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Premium Member
    They shouldn't have continued to act suspicious of you once you produced the receipt. They lost your check, so it was their mistake. I would probably feel the same way you do, Muduh.

I remember the old front loading washer my mom had when we were kids. It was fun to watch the suds through the window. Didn't take much to entertain us back then.

I wouldn't shop there again, Muduh. That is just not good customer service. Did she apologize for treating you like a scam artist?

When the time comes for us to get a new warsher, I'm definitely going front-loader. They cost more, but it pays for itself in energy savings, plus I'm sure some of you are aware of how I feel about environmental matters .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    We just had to purchase a new warsher (my gramma said it the same way Marley ), and it will be delivered on Wednesday. We went with one of those new front loading High Efficiency models. I am skeptical, but hubby was sucked into the sales pitch. It wa quite costly, so it better do everything but iron those clothes for what we paid. Do any of you folks have one of those and how do you like it?
    I just watched a segment on front load washers on one of the morning news shows and front loaders are supposed to be more efficient.

Remember, you have to buy the detergent for High Efficiency washers. I think the labels on those detergents say HE and I've seen them in Tide and other namebrands.

We just had our Maytag almost rebuilt not too long ago but if it goes out again I'm thinking of getting a front loader.

Well, as old fashioned as I am, I'd just know that one day I'd find the clothes in the "warsher" and the water on the floor.

Anyway I just got a new washer and dryer a short time ago, and they will probably be around longer than I will.

Mine's a Maytag too, ArchieComicFan. mr. angelic says he's heard of a few with front-loaders where the door seal goes out, so I can't convince him to get a front-loader next time. One thing I do question about them is the fact they only are suppose to use about a gallon of water to wash load..but constant clean water keeps running through the machine. My friend has one, and was explaining how it uses very little water. My hubby's clothes are SO dirty, that Im not sure it would be enough water to clean effectively.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

MRD
    Just got out my jar of Peter Pan Peanut Butter to peruse the ingredients and low and behold there is a warning label:

CONTAINS PEANUTS

Is there really someone out there that stupid that would not think a jar of peanut butter would contain peanuts???

I mean, I know people have peanut allergies, but this is kind of ridiculous!

Peanut butter that contains peanuts, who'd have thought???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Just got out my jar of Peter Pan Peanut Butter to peruse the ingredients and low and behold there is a warning label:

CONTAINS PEANUTS

Is there really someone out there that stupid that would not think a jar of peanut butter would contain peanuts???

I mean, I know people have peanut allergies, but this is kind of ridiculous!

Peanut butter that contains peanuts, who'd have thought???
    Whoa! I NEVER would have made the connection between peanuts and peanut butter. Just goes to show that you really do learn something every day!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Maybe i should make a peanut butter milkshake with all this pb talk. ::ehmmm::
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Mudah - I think you are right in not shopping there again. Did they bother to apologize even once? A little note might be in order, or not.

Our old washer was purchased 16 or more years ago, used, for $75. My husband had repaired it a couple of times, and finally, decided that it had paid for itself more than once. It is his idea to get this fancy warsher, but I wouldn't spring for the base (an extra $150). He will build one for much less than they are asking. As far as doing lots of laundry at once, the unit actually had 18 bath towels sewn together inside as a demonstration. That is a LOT of towels!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    Maybe i should make a peanut butter milkshake with all this pb talk. ::ehmmm::
    I just HAD to see this; would have never thought of making this, now I can't STOP thinking about it!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread