+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Thank you everyone. I'm feeling better, although the whole day I felt like my head was heavy and slightly woozy (that's a word, right?). Friday morning I have some tests to do in the clinic where my doctor works, so I will definitely see if I can leave him a message or see him. It was probably a one time thing, but better safe than sorry, especially when pregnant. I am not hypoglycemic, but it can be anything related to my pregnancy (high/low blood pressure, gestational diabetes) or nothing. I'll definitely grab something to eat before leaving the house tomorrow!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Uh.....yeah.....

Didn't know that you were pregnant. Have you had your glucose tolerance test yet?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

DesertRose, you may have just gotten up too quickly, and that is something to keep in mind for the future. Pregnancy does affect these things. Sitting down was good. Glad you were able to get through it given those less than ideal circumstances.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2350808;
    Thank you everyone. I'm feeling better, although the whole day I felt like my head was heavy and slightly woozy (that's a word, right?). Friday morning I have some tests to do in the clinic where my doctor works, so I will definitely see if I can leave him a message or see him. It was probably a one time thing, but better safe than sorry, especially when pregnant. I am not hypoglycemic, but it can be anything related to my pregnancy (high/low blood pressure, gestational diabetes) or nothing. I'll definitely grab something to eat before leaving the house tomorrow!
    First - Congratulations!!! How far along are you? And is this in the "expecting" thread?

Second - Yes, pregnancy affects us in soooo many ways, and now that I know you are expecting, hypoglycemia is probably not the culprit! Good. And it was likely one of those "nothing" scares, but I agree that you should take all precautions to make sure it isn't anything to worry about!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2351092;
    Have you had your glucose tolerance test yet?
    Not yet. They usually do it further in the pregnancy. Late in the second trimester, if I remember clearly from my first pregnancy (well, as clearly as anyone can when they are pregnant ).

Remote, I am 12 weeks pregnant. Now starting my second trimester. And yes, it's in the expecting thread. Thanks again all for your concerns. We can now move on to other trivial topics. I don't want to monopolize the Klatch thread

MRD

DesertRose,

I used to work for an OB and its better to call your dr. office and talk to the nurse about what happened. They need to know. Perhaps you need to have your tolerance test done now.

But we always told our patients that it was better to get phone calls to let us know things than to wait.

Good luck. I hope this doesn't happen again and congrats on the pregnancy. I hope you sail through the rest of it without any problems.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Has anyone in here every played Ultra Golf on the Gameboy Color system? I bought a used copy for my son this afternoon, and we can't figure out how to play it properly. I've googled from here to March and can't find any instructions anywhere.

If you are familliar with this game, I'd LOVE to hear from you!
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I haven't played it. Have you tried cheatplanet.com? I don't really recommend a lot of game sites because we were getting viruses from them but cheat planet doesn't seem as bad. Just make sure you have your virus protection stuff (Yeah you can tell I'm a big computer guru.) working before you go there.

MRD

I have a peeve.

My daughter (16) works at Subway. They have jerked her around first by not giving her but 1 day a week to work and then the last two weeks, she's worked 6 days a week. When someone doesn't show, they call her up first to fill in and she has done it. I have been a little upset as I think she's had too many hours and its interfering with study time.

Last night we think she broke her toe. I don't know that its broken, but having had several of my own in the past, it probably is. It's swollen, red and she can't bend it. She's already put in 30 hours since Mon. and was to work 8 more hours today. She called in because she can't even get a shoe on her foot at present. I didn't take her to the hospital as they don't do anything for broken toes, I know from experience. Her boss called back and said she has to have a doctor's note now. Well, she was filling in today for someone else. This was not even to be a regular day for her.
    I called her dr. and of course, can't get her in today. (NOT taking her to the ER for a note. It's too expensive). I called her boss back and said: "I can't get her in to the doctor until Mon."
    Boss says: well does that mean she's not working tomorrow either?

WHAT? She was not scheduled to work tomorrow and I said so and the boss says: we need her to fill in for someone. I told her she would have to find someone else because if they want a doctors note for today, then she can't work tomorrow either because I can't get the note until Mon.

So they tell me, that they really need her and now I don't need the doctor's note. I said: well, she can't work tomorrow anyway, she has too much school work to catch up on from this week.

I don't want to get involved. This is my daughter's job and she needs to learn how to talk to her own boss. But it just ticks me off that they want her to fill in for people, tell us she needs a note if she's off and then tell us that they need her so badly that they'll now forgo the doctor's note.

It's been ridiculous the way they've done her the past couple weeks.

I've looked up the state child labor regulations and they are fairly loose for over 16 years of age, but it does state that work hours cannot interfere with school.
    Since we homeschool, I think they take advantage of our flexible schedule and have worked her entirely too much this week already.
    I have had to adjust our homeschool hours to cover her working 8 hour days instead of her normal 4 hour shift in the afternoons.

I really would like her to find another job. But I also need to stay out of her and the bosses issues. I don't think I should interferre as its her job, not mine. But I'm also not going to let them take advantage of her and also interfere with her school work either.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2349762;
    I just had one of the scariest and loneliest experience ever. As I stepped out of the subway, I felt a rush to my head and had to sit down. I started shaking and dripping sweat, then all of a sudden I saw blurry. I knew I was having a drop of blood pressure and that I was at risk of fainting, but I just did not want to do it there, in front of a bunch of strangers, on a dirty subway floor. It was mind over matter, but I managed to close my eyes, let time pass (I don't know how long I sat there) and wait for it to pass. When I finally felt better, I looked at my hands and my purse and they were both full of sweat. I finally managed to make the 10 minute walk to work and am now sitting at my desk, after eating a bagel. I'm feeling better, but I'm still a little shook up.
    That happened to me All.The.Time. when I was pregnant. Being pregnant apparently really screwed up my blood sugar levels. I never had full-blown gestational diabetes, but my doctor determined that I was borderline. If your doctor feels thats what it was, the best thing to do is to keep some quick source of protein with you. I found that peanut butter or nuts worked the best. I'd have to lay down by the air conditioning vent (thank god I had a private office at the time!) and eat nuts until I felt better. Not fun. I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience. Make sure to keep a cellphone with you with an In Case of Emergency number programmed into it. If you're not showing yet, also leave a note in your purse that you're expecting.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread