+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6239Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2342075;
    Could it be these icky critters called wood lice?

Bug identification - Slaters
    His critters are more slender. These wood lice, apparently, like dampness and darkness...look like what my friends call "roly polys", that you can find under a log. Or however you spell it.

Thanks for your input, Stargazer!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I know how you feel with icky bugs running amok. When I first moved into where I live now, it was infested with earwigs!!

These lovely guys, for those who have never seen them before...
    Earwig - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I swear, I almost fainted everytime I ran across one. I finally got rid of them with roach traps.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I'm going to need a shot for hives after looking at all of these bug pictures. I just hope the owner of the bugs appreciates this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

ok, how about any of these?
    What's That Bug: Pantry Beetles, Grain Weevils, Spider Beetles, Meal Worms, Carpet Beetles and Cereal Moths
    Esp. the carpet beetles

Sorry, I wish I could have been more help. I love PI work! Feeling icky. Going for a shower now....
    Last edited by cricketeen; 04-20-2007 at 07:13 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

So far, no good. It kind of looks like it could be some kind of larva, but do they crawl? And why wouldn't we see a bug that hatched? Questions, questions!

OK, now I'm getting all ichy! I think I need a shower . . . or maybe a de-licingor something.

Stargazer my family went camping when I was a little girl and there were soooooo many earwigs EVERYWHERE that it sounded like it was raining but it was really them falling on the tent. The first morning my mom went to pour me some cereal and there were earwigs in it. She just looked at the bowl and said, "I think we're going to be having eggs instead." You would have been freaked out. I was only 10 and it didn't bother me to much just thought it was crazy how many there were. My mom seemed to handle it pretty well but we never went there to camp again.

I didn't know this became the bugs and icky yucky things thread. Thanks for not posting photos. Ewwww.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2342080;
    actually I think you should go with that. creative, and never second guess your first idea.
    I agree, and I've seen some really neat looking abacuses (abaci?) too, that would look neat displayed on a wall or desk.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2342741;
    I agree, and I've seen some really neat looking abacuses (abaci?) too, that would look neat displayed on a wall or desk.
    I think that's a great idea. Unusual, but thoughtful gift. I like the unusual.
    I never do gold pens. I got so many gold pens with my name on them when I graduated from high school and never used them. The gold pen is over rated.

Go for the Abacus. Now that is definetly something I would have liked to have received as a gift.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread