+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6269Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2338243;
    we will hope that they are not too intrusive. keep an eye on our two.
    Glad you're back. Maybe they will turn out to be great neighbors you can count on.

We have noise and disruption here as they are replacing the sewer pipes. It's driving the dogs bonkers. (and me too)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It's snowed last night. The ground is white. Again. This is ridiculous. Kitties are not happy. They want to go out and nibble on green grass.....NOW.

I think I'll make a nice fire in the fireplace. And roast marshmallows. Except I have no marshmallows. Hmm. What to do.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, Gang...I need help again! My friend showed me these little brown, multi-legged insects that he found in a clothing drawer, and I'm trying to help him identify them. They are about 1/2 inch long (they are pretty small), and they look like their bodies are segmented, but I'm not sure they are. It also looks like they shed their skins. They don't move very fast. There is also sand like looking material in the bottom of the drawer (bug-poo, maybe?). Does anyone have any idea what these might be? I've searched the internet, but I haven't had any luck so far. It does not appear that his clothes are damaged, but you never know. The bugs seem to prefer the wood to the clothes. I am sure about Nothing. Some are alive, some are dead.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Some kind of termite? And that's sawdust? They can be pretty big depending on the climate....
    Is it a new "used" bureau that he just brought into the house. My mom told me a fleas story that has had me "sterilizing" all new used furniture ever since.

I've seen creepy termites (at my old apartment), and they don't look like that. These creatures are small. This dresser was purchased new, probably in 1997. We don't see any damage to the dresser. This critter has legs all along each side of it's 1/2 inch body, but doesn't look like a silverfish. It is brown.

If somebody can even point me to a site that shows pics of insects, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your input, PWS.

ETA: These things don't seem to have the long legs that centipedes have, either.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-20-2007 at 05:49 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

do they look like any of these?
    What's That Bug: Millipedes
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Hello Fellow FORTers,

Since I know you guys are a creative bunch, I need some ideas re: a unique gift for someone who just received their doctorate in statistics. Since there were a number of mathematical courses involved I thought an Abacus would be a neat idea but that's all I could come up with.

It doesn't have to be fancy, just creative...

DZG

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2342026;
    do they look like any of these?
    What's That Bug: Millipedes
    They don't exactly look like millipedes, but they don't completely not look like them either. These things are not rounded; they are flatter (I did find a flatsided (or flatbacked) millepede, but still doesn't seem to be it). The text said that millipedes like dark, damp environments, but that they don't infest food, clothing or wood. That seems to rule them out. These things do not curl up, either, and they all seem to be about the same size.

Thanks so much for your input, cricketeen. These bug sites are making me itch. I've got a back scratcher sitting right next to my computer!

I Know Somebody Knows What These Things Are!!! Please don't abandon me now!!! Please ask your mothers, husbands, and wives!!!

Could it be these icky critters called wood lice?

Bug identification - Slaters
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl;2342052;
    Hello Fellow FORTers,

Since I know you guys are a creative bunch, I need some ideas re: a unique gift for someone who just received their doctorate in statistics. Since there were a number of mathematical courses involved I thought an Abacus would be a neat idea but that's all I could come up with.

It doesn't have to be fancy, just creative... DZG
    actually I think you should go with that. creative, and never second guess your first idea.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread