+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2336081;
    I just can't watch this Va. Tech stuff. Probably has everything to do with having a son away at college. You just never know where this kind of thing is going to happen. I just can't do it.
    I hope that you two have spoken to each other recently if just to say I love you.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We definitely have. We talked for a long time last night. I think we both needed it. Thanks.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2333424;
    :
    Crickteen: Baking soda is GREAT for dowsing grease fire
    If you don't have enough or it's not handy, salt works great too!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2336041;
    Peeve: Commercials for 'male enhancements drugs' at every turn. Enough Already!!!!
    I keep getting this in my spam mail as well. It's also annoying, especially since half the people they send it out to probably aren't male. (And we're not Samantha from Sex and the City either so we'd ant to try it)

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2336417;
    If you don't have enough or it's not handy, salt works great too!

Good to know, queenb - the salt is closer to my cooktop than baking soda. Thanks!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2336041;
    Peeve: Commercials for 'male enhancements drugs' at every turn. Enough Already!!!!
    They play those on the radio at all hours of the day. YUCK!

My peeve on feminine hygeine products is that I was checking out of the grocery store and a hot fireman, in uniform walked past just as I was scanning my feminine products.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2336671;
    They play those on the radio at all hours of the day. YUCK!

My peeve on feminine hygeine products is that I was checking out of the grocery store and a hot fireman, in uniform walked past just as I was scanning my feminine products.
    After hurricane Katrina, I had gone to a fundraiser at the Salvation Army. One of the things mentioned was that people were donating baby supplies in droves, but was really needed was hygiene supplies for adults, especially women.
    Well Walgreens was having a two for one sale on their hygiene products. I filled 2 of the small Walgreen carts with them. Boy did I get a LOT of strange looks in the store. I am sure people were thinking, that woman has a BIG problem and probably should see a doctor. One woman did ask me in line and I told her what I was doing and 2 other people including her jumped out of line and went and did the same thing. The Salvation Army people acted like I had brought them bags of gold when I walked in with those products.

But I have to tell you it was a strange feeling shopping and paying for what was probably a couple dozen packages.

So now that has become one of the things I tend to donate when people ask for supplies. Women are usually forgotten. Babies get tons of diapers and formula and food is always needed and donated, but toothbrushes, deoderant and feminine hygiene products are usually not ever thought of when it becomes donation time.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Speaking of donations, I have to share this cute story.
    My church has a program where once a year, the teenagers do an all night lock-down and put together "clean-up" packages for victims of floods. They put in bleach, rubber gloves, scrub brushes and the like. They write encouraging messages on the outside of the boxes. One year, one of the kids had written "Contents: one clean up package. Enjoy!"
    I thought that was such a sweet, innocent thing to write, considering the purpose of the package.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I'm safe at home with my two kitties. Gosh darn did I miss my two little ones.

Just found out that my neighbor, a senior who actually hasn't lived in the house for a year or two, has just sold his house. It never went up for sale. He got around a half million $$. It's a large semi-bungalow that needs work and I expect a family has purchased. All we can find out is it's a numbered company that purchased. And there will be renovations.

So, noise, people, children and maybe barking animals in my future. I sure hope they are nice. No more extra yard for Gracie and Tootles to explore daily.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2338230;
    I'm safe at home with my two kitties. Gosh darn did I miss my two little ones.

Just found out that my neighbor, a senior who actually hasn't lived in the house for a year or two, has just sold his house. It never went up for sale. He got around a half million $$. It's a large semi-bungalow that needs work and I expect a family has purchased. All we can find out is it's a numbered company that purchased. And there will be renovations.

So, noise, people, children and maybe barking animals in my future. I sure hope they are nice. No more extra yard for Gracie and Tootles to explore daily.

we will hope that they are not too intrusive. keep an eye on our two.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread