+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2333424;
    Could be . . . I only know two things about the real world--don't throw flour on fire, and how to eliminate skunk odor.
    Tomato juice?

Tomato juice is for amateurs.

1 quart of Hydrogen Peroxide
    1/4 cup baking soda
    1 tsp of dish soap

Mix just prior to use--YOU CANNOT STORE THIS MIXTURE!! Wash the dog with the mix, then rinse it off. I usually follow up with a regular doggy bath, but that's just because I've already got the dog wet down.

I find that a quart of this can de-skunk an entire Newf.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Let me see if i can fit something into this.....2 years ago i had some hot oil sprinkle on my arm. The remnant marks looked like tadpoles at the time.
    2 years before that, i wore some sneakers with short, thing socks to school. The former was rubbing up against the socks and my skin and eventually started to hurt. When i took it off, i immediately went to see the nurse because my skin had fallen off in the process(both feet, btw). Walking was a nightmare.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I've burned most of my beard off twice The first time was when I was burning some brush, brambles, and branches from my tree-row; the second time I was burning trash in a 55-gallon drum. It isn't an experience that I'd care to repeat, especially since I carried the smell of burnt hair for at least a week each time. I was lucky that it was just the hair that burned!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Since the topic is burns let me add this. If any of you ever hear of any children with bad burns contact Shriners Hospitals for Children -Shriners Hospitals for Children as they will do whatever it takes to help the child. My best friend's son pulled a Fry Daddy down on the top of his head when he was about 6-8 months old. He was in a walker rolling himself around the kitchen while she was cooking. The fryer was on the kitchen table with the cord dangling down. Her husband was in the Army at the time stationed in the Virginia Beach area. They rushed him to one of the Naval hospitals there who in turn sent home to a local hospital who the military said was better equipped to handle infants.
    My friend's mom in turn found about Shriner's through a friend, contacted them and within hours they had the boy on a private plane flying him to Cincinnati to one of their burn centers. Ryan almost died a couple of times during the flight. Long story short, Ryan just celebrated his 19th birthday. He is going to Shriner's this week for his last check up. He has had many, many surgeries over the years involving skin grafts, expansion devices and such. That boy has been to hell and back. The family has not paid one penny for any of this. I always donate to Shriner's anytime I see them collecting. They certainly saved this young man's life.

I Is Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2333226;
    Roses - I keep a fire extinguisher in the pantry - across from the kitchen - and another on my dresser just inside the bedroom door (hidden, of course - not such a chic design element! ) I'm more than a little paranoid about fire. When I was a kid and not so smart about fire, I lit a Kleenex on fire. Let me tell you, they incinerate in about .0002 seconds. Scared me to death.
    As, yes. Burned up my little kiddy couch trying to extinguish the flame. Also left a rather large scortch mark on the floor, fortunately, my mom still hasn't seen it (2 years later). I loved that couch. Damnable Puffs plus lotion tissues...

I woouldn't have known not to throw water on her either. Now I'm just scared--when I burn my 10 million candles, incense, and wax tarts, I always have a large bucket of waater next to me. Not because I don't trust the candles, but because of of my fears is a spark landing on the lighter. And now I'm being told that the water might do nothing?! *runs to get refill can of lighter fluid*
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2333253;
    You could have ended up with an explosion, which some people find distracting. One of the experiments that my 9th-grade science teacher did was to put a candle and some flour into a one-gallon paint can that had a tube in the side. When he blew into the tube, it dispersed the flour into the flame, and the resultant explosion blew the lid off of the paint can. On a larger scale, some years back there was a grain elevator near here that was blown to hell when some grain dust ignited from a spark.
    My husband used to make bombs out of flour. (this was of course, before he became my husband and I domesticated him slightly). He wasn't some mad unabomber with them and he never hurt anyone or anything. They lived way, out on a lot of acerage and he made them as "homemade fireworks". Did I say that he was an adult then too? Apparantly he learned this trick in the Army. And who says the Army doesn't teach you anything useful.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Peeve: Commercials for 'male enhancements drugs' at every turn. Enough Already!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2336041;
    Peeve: Commercials for 'male enhancements drugs' at every turn. Enough Already!!!!
    Along with the peeve for anything construed as a "feminine pad" or it's equivalent..... I don't need to see all of that on TV folks.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I just can't watch this Va. Tech stuff. Probably has everything to do with having a son away at college. You just never know where this kind of thing is going to happen. I just can't do it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread