Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2330680;
    Is it CafePress?
    Have you seen some of their products?

"01.20.09: The end of an error."

"BUllSH!t"

"A Village Somewhere In Texas is Missing It's Idiot"

"At Least the War on the Middle Class is Going Well"

I could go on. I laugh just as hard as everyone else, but I have to wonder what the poor guy is going through, seeing this stuff on every corner hat he turns.
    First of all he isn't "a poor guy", he's a delusional idiot that if he did see this stuff, he wouldn't understand it, let alone belive it.

I want a countdown Keychain as well.

I love the War on the Middle class. I have a bumpersticker (not on my car) that says: My child is an honor student, but my president is an idiot and
    Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam. Since I live in a very conservative, Republican area, I am afraid to put them on my car as I've heard others say they had vandalism or lost friendships over similar bumperstickers.

Which is ridiculous.
    None of us all believe in the same things, but tolerance has disappeared.
    I have friends that are very political and belong to a different party than I do. We still manage to be friends and have many other things in common. I have friends that are not political at all and don't vote (which makes me so angry, but I respect their decisions as they respect mine). I have friends of different religions, nationalities and races and the one thing we all have in common is that we are tolerant and respectful of each other and our beliefs, etc.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2328389;
    Well at least he didn't throw water on it. That would have been even stupider. Baking soda thrown on it would do the trick. And this is why its reccomended to have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen.
    That could have been disasterous. I remember one evening many years ago when I was working in the ER, a young woman was brought in with severe 3rd degree burns. She and her husband were standing next to the grill, and her clothing caught fire as a result of squirting lighter fluid into the already lit charcoal. Her husband sprayed her with water from the garden hose thinking he was helping put out the fire but it just made it spread everywhere. The only parts of her body that weren't burned were her back and the bottoms of her feet. I have never forgotten the raspy sound of her voice begging us to let her die. We transfered her to a nearby burn unit where she died about 30 days later.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2331375;
    That could have been disasterous. I remember one evening many years ago when I was working in the ER, a young woman was brought in with severe 3rd degree burns. She and her husband were standing next to the grill, and her clothing caught fire as a result of squirting lighter fluid into the already lit charcoal. Her husband sprayed her with water from the garden hose thinking he was helping put out the fire but it just made it spread everywhere. The only parts of her body that weren't burned were her back and the bottoms of her feet. I have never forgotten the raspy sound of her voice begging us to let her die. We transfered her to a nearby burn unit where she died about 30 days later.
    OMG...I admire anyone that can work in the ER because I would be a basket case having to deal with everything. There are times I can't even stand to watch stuff on the show "ER" and its one of my favorite shows!

I have always feared being burned (and drowning)...I can't imagine the torture........bless that woman's heart...my first instinct is that she was probably better off dying....her poor husband is the one that was tormented...he had to live with what happened.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

I'm reading a book about the US Navy and one of the quotes one of the older NCO's tells the sailors on their ship is: "If we're sinking, just be glad you aren't burning".

I fear fire in the worst way. I've seen some idiots do some really stupid stuff with lighter fluid AND gas on fires and I always stand WAY back.

Poor woman and her poor husband.

Drop and roll, but I guess that may be hard to remember when you are the one on fire.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I'm even afraid of fireworks! I think they are beautiful and I love to watch the big shows but when it comes to shooting fireworks in the backyard or whatever....I'm terrified! I stand far away from them because I'm always afraid one will go beserk and backfire or something. I try not to scare my son because he's a typical boy and he likes them but he also knows how I'm afraid of them.

I don't even own a gas grill....I don't like to be around when someone is lighting them. I have a old timey charcoal grill and that works just fine for me. I don't use lighter fluid on it...just matches.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

All I can say at tax time is thank God for Schedule A !!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2331375;
    That poor thing. To actually plead for death...how horrible it must have been for her...

OK, I'm one of those dummies who wouldn't have known to NOT throw water on someone who was on fire. I keep a fire extinguisher in the kitchen and know how to use it...but if you're at a picnic and this happens and there's no extinguisher handy, what should you do? Is it best to try to wrap a cloth on her or try to roll her on the ground to put out the fire? It's the lighter fluid that reacts badly to water, right? But if the fire had just started with a match, is it OK to throw water on the person to douse it? (Of course, most times you won't know what caused the fire...) I'm serious and I need to know. Sorry for the stupid question. And thanks in advance all for tips.

I would think that smothering the fire with a cloth (blanket, towel, etc.), if immediately available, would be preferable to rolling on the ground. That avoids grinding dirt into the burn.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It will be an ugly, painful process whether dirt is ground into the burns or not. It's best to do whatever is quickest.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just completed a two day course on bodypainting. It was the most creative fun I can remember. Great classmate, models and happy energy. I did pretty good for my first time and I hope to do more!

It makes me feel sad that I wasted so much time doing conservative paper pushing office work for so long. I was so unhappy doing it. But at least I made some money.

The "poor starving artist" syndrome has been drilled into me my whole life so I never persued it. At least now, artwork can be a fulfilling hobby!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread