+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5956Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

We have a street project going on. For 2 days, I've had a backhoe parked directly opposite my driveway making it almost impossible to back out. They moved it late yesterday and brought in another backhoe. There is some BIG thing sitting on the neighbors lawn and they have spray painted symbols in different colors all up and down the street.

Yesterday, we had a big truck and some pickups and SUV's blocking the entrance to our street with people standing around talking. The dogs have gone NUTS over this.

Now today, they are out moving the backhoes around, but not really doing anything. Again, dogs going NUTS.

We live on a cul-de-sac and I just know its going to be impossible to get in and out and of course, they will start this today and not come back until Mon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I would go nuts with this kind of obvious waste of taxpayers' money when the schools are begging for crumbs. Write a letter to the editor!
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Well we've found out they are replacing the sewer lines in the entire neighborhood. This will be a MONTHS long project with tearing up yards and streets. It is going to be noisy and dirty and people everywhere. Now that the weather is nice enough to open the windows, I'm not going to be able too. I've had crews walking all over my yard and the neighbors yards spraying symbols on the grass, etc. My one neighbor (the good one) freaks out because she has a fenced yard and doesn't like having these people inside her fence or around the neighborhood. She's already told us she will not be going outside with the kids now except on weekends when no workers are present.
    It's going to be hard for me with our dogs as they think all these people are here just to see them. I wish we had a fenced yard as now I will have to take the dogs out on leashes which they hate. Now, they frolic in the yard without them, but will run up to people so if there are workers everywhere, I will be chasing dogs. Besides, they have already gone crazy barking at the "intruders" from inside the house.
    Can you tell I'm just THRILLED with this project?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Leo
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2329817;
    I would go nuts with this kind of obvious waste of taxpayers' money when the schools are begging for crumbs. Write a letter to the editor!
    Reminds me of something I saw recently that must have cost a fair amount of taxpayers' money. I was walking past a very small police outpost, and noticed that something was unusual with the parked patrol vehicle. I couldn't figure it out right away, so I slowed down to take a look.

It turned out that the stenciling on the sides of the vehicle had been changed pretty recently, because you could still see the faint outlines of the old ones under the new letters. Now why were the letters changed? Apparently, the old lettering included the name of the mayor. It would be like, say, NYPD vehicles having "A priority project of Mayor Michael Bloomberg" on their side, with the mayor's name as large as the "NYPD" bits. Of course, with elections in mid-May, someone realized this was illegal. (Just during the campaign period, not year-round, mind you.) So they must have had the lettering on all the vehicles changed.

The mayor's-name-on-police-vehicles thing is almost universal here. I'm not sure which is a bigger waste of money: putting the name on, or taking it off.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

They were heavily predicting a noreaster for today. It's 53 F and it's been sunny all day.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Maybe it's because I'm pregnant, but I seem to be getting more annoyed at things. Tonight, I went out for a rare tête-à-tête with the hubby. Diner and a movie. Because it was an early movie and the line up at our favorite rib restaurant was at least 30 minutes long, we settled for Boston Pizza. As our pizza came, the waitress (not our waitress, mind you) distributed the slices on our plates. However, the first slice never made it to hubby's plate. Instead, it landed face down on the table. We all had a good laugh and she was very apologetic. No harm done. However, I would have thought that the appropriate thing to do, since we are missing a slice was to comp us somehow. Maybe even charge us for a 10'' instead of a 13''. But she never told our waiter and we paid full price. I didn't feel like even bringing it up because frankly I didn't think it was a big deal, but I was disappointed (more than peeved).

Then we hit the movies, full of teeny boopers, and as we are waiting in the line to get into our movie, the girl in back of me starts telling her companion the movie's twist. Thank goodness she was a twit and got them all wrong, but up until the end, I was expecting something do happen that did not.

Still had a great time out with hubby though. My son is sleeping over at my parent's so tomorrow I get to sleep in past 6am.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What is the website that sells the key chains that are counting down to how many days George Bush has left in office? The sooner this guy is this gone, the better.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We had a bit of luck shopping today. We headed over to our local mall to buy a vaccuum cleaner (the shopvac really isn't suitable for doing rugs) but got there before the Singer store opened. So we headed into Zellers to check out the indoor/outdoor rugs because I want to buy one for our deck because the people who lived here before built it with a good 3/4" gap between each board which means our chair legs tend to get stuck. So anyway, we ended up in the wrong department but looked at all their cheap some-assembly-required furniture while we were there. We're planning on getting rid of our computer armoire because it makes the den all dark and depressing and are going to replace it with a console type table and have a friend built a cabinet for the printer and tower, and our original intention was to go to the Aberfoyle antique market when it opens at the end of the month because we've always gotten excellent deals on furniture there. But we saw at Zellers a mission style console table with a drawer for $140, and I thought "excellent". But when we picked it up to put it in the cart, we saw that the box had been opened and that there was a note saying "both sides the same". I pulled the two sides out and saw that that was correct, but it was the only table left. The manager immediately offered it to us for 40% off, and since the problem was easy enough to rectify (it requires filling two holes with wood putty and drilling two holes elsewhere) I jumped at it. I love getting okay looking furniture for low, low prices - even if there is a bit of work involved.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I Is Stephanie

Is it CafePress?
    Have you seen some of their products?

"01.20.09: The end of an error."

"BUllSH!t"

"A Village Somewhere In Texas is Missing It's Idiot"

"At Least the War on the Middle Class is Going Well"

I could go on. I laugh just as hard as everyone else, but I have to wonder what the poor guy is going through, seeing this stuff on every corner hat he turns.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2330479;
    They were heavily predicting a noreaster for today. It's 53 F and it's been sunny all day.
    They predicted heavy heavy rain and tornadoes for today, so I didn't go down to New Orleans. Turns out that it cleared up just fine all day, so now I have to go down tomorrow when I really wanted to rest before a hugely busy week. Grrr.

+ Reply to Thread