+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4498Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Don Imus got suspended from his show for 2 weeks. I'm not sure that was long enough. Has anyone heard what the ladies at Rutgers thought about what he said?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Okay, maybe this isn't the right place to ask, but since this is kind of a catch-all thread, I thought I'd give it a shot. I need to call a number on my cell, but do not want my number to appear on caller id (I suspect it's a telemarketer and don't want them "capturing" my number). I know on land lines you can dial *67 before the number. I'm on Cingular. Is the number different? Cingular's website was decidedly un- helpful.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2322419;
    Okay, maybe this isn't the right place to ask, but since this is kind of a catch-all thread, I thought I'd give it a shot. I need to call a number on my cell, but do not want my number to appear on caller id (I suspect it's a telemarketer and don't want them "capturing" my number). I know on land lines you can dial *67 before the number. I'm on Cingular. Is the number different? Cingular's website was decidedly un- helpful.
    You should have the option on your cell phone to "hide" or "block" your number. Under set up, I think.

I just called my home phone from cell and it does block the number. I'm pretty sure it does it for all cell phone providers. I use T-mobile.

I just called my home phone from cell and it does block the number. I'm pretty sure it does it for all cell phone providers. I use T-mobile.
    Not so fast, UnK! :nono My caller ID shows the number and (usually) "Out of Area" for the name. If Critical doesn't want her number shown, she would still be out of luck, at least on my office phone system.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2322419;
    I have Cingular for my cell, did a *67 and dialed my home number, it came up blocked call..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

*67 and Imus

If it's an 800 number you're dialing, I believe the company will have access to your phone number regardless of whether you block it or not...

Regarding Imus, I'm surprised that NOW or other feminist organizations haven't taken a stance on this yet (or have they? I haven't read anything yet...). What he said wasn't just derogatory towards a certain race, but also to the female sex.

Hey everyone, there is a thread about Imus in Current Events. Let's please take the discussion regarding him there.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Thanks for doing the cell phone "research" for me, guys. It turned out to just be a wrong number, so it wasn't a big deal. Since I only have a cell and no land line, I couldn't test it out.

I think you're right about 800 numbers, LL - I believe I read something to that effect. Sucks, huh?

Unk - I feel you about the cold weather. We had a lovely stretch of Spring-like mildness. I was sleeping with my windows open (I live on the second floor, so it's safe ) and everything. All of a sudden, it's gotten chilly again and my heat has been going on after about 2 months. I know - not like it's snowing or something, but it's cold to me Stay tuned for the summer when I start whining about the 106+ days
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

myrosiedog: I think you tore your rotator cuff. I did that. It hurts something serious. And you can't life your arm above your waist. I hope it heals whatever is the matter.

I just came in from shovelling SNOW! The deck, the sidewalks. Forget the driveway. I was raking the snow yesterday, spreading it out so it would melt faster. There was lots of grass. And it was above zero. It has been snowing all night and all day. Everything is covered fantasy white. Mother Nature sure has a bad sense of humor.

I saw my first robin yesterday. I thought it was spring. Spring has gone away.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread