+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6751Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Peeve:

DH and I decided today would be a great day to go to Walmart. With it being Easter, we figured everyone would be busy with family stuff. Um. No.

No wait. I take that back. FAMILIES decided today would be good for Walmart. Not just mom, dad, and kids...but add in grandma, grandpa, aunty and uncle too. So, all there in their easter finery, shopping for towels? oil? dog food? and blocking the aisles chit-chatting.? Not nearly enough cashiers, the alarm went off at the door as we were leaving, couldn't find the freakin receipt, the door lady's scanner stopping working! Took us about 15 minutes to get checked out and out to the car!

What happened to the old days of big family gatherings where everyone sits around the table visiting after dinner? I guess I didn't get the memo-GO TO WALMART!

Another peeve:

My older brother called me from jail Friday at midnight. He got a DUI and wanted me to bail him out. So I did. Cost $600...said he would pay me back. And drunkenly mentioned on the ride home he had hit a parked car too. I told him that never again to call me for bail on a DUI. He has a problem and needs to stop drinking. BUT the worst is, he hasn't called me since then. I have left numerous messages. He is a single guy. I'm worried. So yeah, I am peeved about him too.

Peeve:

I'm on a roll here. I put a frozen lasagne in the oven at 4:00 and it is almost 6:30 now. It is only at 120 degrees (and I refuse to do the alt thingy) and I am HUNGRY!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I know it's not funny, but we'll be looking for you and your brother on Judge Judy!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

There's just something so wrong about having to clear the snow off your car on Easter. Easter means spring, flowers and warm weather. It doesn't mean cold and snow. This is insane!

Unk, it even snowed here in Georgia Friday night!
    It didn't accumulate, but it was just too freaky seeing fairly heavy snow fly around the azaleas!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Lois, I'm going to just let you vent, but your story made me think of something that happened some time ago.

I was with my family at a housing fair and we were in line to get into the first flats. Behind us in line are two ladies in the 60s. One employee goes down the line and hands out programs. The two ladies just look at him rudely and say that they don't want any. He replies that they are free so the quickly change their minds and say "Well, then I'll take two".

We still joke about tat because it was just so transperant. They only wanted what was free and they really knew how to abuse free stuff.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2321039;
    Lois, I'm going to just let you vent, but your story made me think of something that happened some time ago.

I was with my family at a housing fair and we were in line to get into the first flats. Behind us in line are two ladies in the 60s. One employee goes down the line and hands out programs. The two ladies just look at him rudely and say that they don't want any. He replies that they are free so the quickly change their minds and say "Well, then I'll take two".

We still joke about tat because it was just so transperant. They only wanted what was free and they really knew how to abuse free stuff.
    We had a yard sale several years ago and we usually price stuff pretty cheap because we want to get RID of it. But this one woman wanted everything for a quarter or a dime and we wouldn't bargain with her. We'll bargain on a lot of things, but I'm not selling a perfectly good toaster for 10 cents. She kept on and on and on and was a royal pain in the rear. Wanted stuff for free or for way less than we were willing to sell it, etc.
    We had sour orange trees on the property line and you could NOT eat them they were so sour. Worse than lemons. Finally she asked if she could have some oranges. My husband said: Take ALL you want. I'd have loved to have seen her bite into one.

It amazes me the people that want free stuff. I hate going to Sam's club on the days they do the free food samples. The people surround those carts like they haven't eaten in a week and when something new comes out they stampeded towards it. No thank you. I'll just stay out of the way. I don't mind having a sample, but I'm not about to fight for it and I've seen people do just that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2320290;
    I know it's not funny, but we'll be looking for you and your brother on Judge Judy!

I refuse to let my 15 minutes of fame to be Judge Judy. I'm pretty sure he'll pay me back...he always has in the past.

That reminds me of a yard sale I had several years ago. I had a huge basket full of those kid toys from fast food places..this was right after the beanie baby craze. They were priced for a penny apiece. I figured the kiddos would like them. I had a man offer me $5 for the whole basket. When I told him "no" he got angry and pointed out I was probably going to make a profit. I responded that it was for the kids to enjoy. Sheesh!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

How sweet of you! That way, the kids could "shop" without the parents having to repeatedly say no. That was so cool! I think I would have kept a pocket full of pennies...just in case somebody came up short!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Moving this from the "how old are you thread".

Cricketeen, Scoutmom, Stephanie:

Saw the chiropractor again today and he went across the hall where my primary care doctor is (I love having all my doctors in the same building. It's so convenient) and brought her over. They have now decided that since the shoulder is getting worse, I need to see an orthopedic. I have to keep it in the sling, keep ice on it and not do much. Well that is all well and good, but its my donimanate arm, I need to use it. I have to drive. And what bugs the living you know what out of me is I have NO earthly idea how I did this. No clue. But it really started hurting after we tried giving Big, Dumb and Happy a bath and he almost pulled my arm out of socket trying to get away from the bad man with the hose and shampoo. So I'm sure that aggravated it, but as to its original cause who knows and it makes me feel like an idiot. Like the old Bill Cosby line (paraphrased) "Was your shoulder with you all day?"
    The sling is a major pain in the neck (literally). And I can't type with it on
    either. I got a Rx for anti-inflammatories and am now awaiting a phone call to tell me where to go (I know what you all are thinking you bad people you! ) and when to go. I hope this isn't a long process. I sure feel for you cricketeen and your mom steph.
    I'm just going to grin and bear it and try not to aggravate it too much.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks prhoshay, I love kids. Funny thing is, I didn't have a maternal bone in my body till I had my own.

Myrosiedog-Sorry to hear about your shoulder. I hope it starts to feel better.
    I have a 150lb mastiff I would LOVE to get into the bath, but it is not gonna happen, unless it is on her terms. Right now her head is on my foot and she is snoring. My foot has long gone to sleep.
    Last edited by lildago; 04-09-2007 at 07:57 PM. Reason: TV talk

+ Reply to Thread