+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4487Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2317704;
    Actually, the alt+keypad is the source of a great number of usable symbols, including the accent egu (sp?) if you're typing French words.
    Accent aigu. It's the accent that looks like this one on the .
    Since I have to type mostly in French, I just keep the French keyboard. There are less symbols in English, thus less codes to remember.

Thanks for everyone's help on the degree symbol. I used to used the one all the time (alt + 0162). Since it's the only one I usually needed I have that memorized. Now I may need to add the degree one into my memory as I have wondered it more than once.

Ha. I always just use the asterisk... It's 80* out today (I wish). Close enough for us lazy folk.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2318599;
    Thanks for everyone's help on the degree symbol. I used to used the one all the time (alt + 0162). Since it's the only one I usually needed I have that memorized. Now I may need to add the degree one into my memory as I have wondered it more than once.
    Armed with this new-found knowledge, I can post one of my peeves. I hate it when signs say an item is for sale for .89 Unless it's really for sale for less than a penny, leave off the freaking decimal!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I Is Stephanie

Or when a sign says that something costs $5.99...it always confuses me...does the item cost $5.99, or 5.99?
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Was in the low 20s last night. Killed 2 birds with one stone. Fired up the self-cleaning oven and heated the house, and took care of a long, overdue job! Yay Me!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2319693;
    Was in the low 20s last night. Killed 2 birds with one stone. Fired up the self-cleaning oven and heated the house, and took care of a long, overdue job! Yay Me!!
    I did the EXACT same thing! (after I baked brownies...)

MRD

I went out this morning to cut some miniature azaleas for the cross at church this morning and 3 days of below 32 (yeah, I figured out the degree symbol!) have burned my flowers. I was very disappointed. I didn't even know I had minature azaleas until they bloomed last week. I managed to find some way inside the bushes that were protected, but they weren't the lush blooms we had had. Mon. was 80 and today's high is 43
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It was 17 here last night which beat the old record cold by 10. That's not just breaking the record but obliterating it. I never dreamed Easter in the middle of April would be this cold!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Peeve

This would've gone in the old PEEVE folder but here goes... I'm not asking for any advice 'cause this is a very little peeve. And I don't need any resolution or anything. I just wanted to vent a little.

Recently, I started making some greeting cards. Nothing to compete with Hallmark or anything, but just something to do as a hobby and to keep me occupied when I get a little depressed. Anyhow, I gave a boxed set (with 10 cards each in them) to some of my friends. Not one of them has offered to buy any more cards from me. Now, that's not the annoying part 'cause I don't want to force anyone to buy anything, and I've been on the other end where I just got sick of being asked to buy everything everyone was selling (from candy for their kids' school drives to Tupperware to jewelry etc.).

The annoying part is that 2 women have said that their friends loved the cards and would like some. I told them that I would be happy to give them more cards at cost for themselves to use, but I would have to charge a little more for their friends. Well, you guessed it, then they changed their minds. They just wanted free cards. Why are people like that?

Again, I'm just venting. This isn't a big deal and everybody likes a freebie (especially me). I just thought it was tacky...

The irony is that a really good friend of mine asked me to make her 30 cards as invitations for her son's birthday party and wanted to pay me for them. I told her it was my gift for him and that no payment would be accepted. Well, don't you know--she mailed me a check and wouldn't take it back. I'll make sure that the next time we go out for lunch or coffee, I'll treat.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 04-08-2007 at 03:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread