+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6180Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

That's another job I'd never want - along with podiatrist, proctologist - well, I could go on and on. I'm very picky. I like working in my nice air conditioned/heated office. Now if I could just get a job where I didn't have to get out of bed in the morning . . . ahhh, that would be perfect!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I always took a shower before (and after) I went to my aerobics class. I had noticed that some people weren't very pleasant to be around, and I was not going OUT like that! If I fell over and had to go to the hospital, I was going to be able to hold my head up proudly!!

And I've become one of those people who just loves to floss!! I got that way after I got a free Reach Access from a mail in offer. I love that thing!! I had a friend who only flossed right before she went to the dentist. Her thinking was that she did that so that she wouldn't bleed so much! I still don't understand how she didn't see the fallacy of her thinking.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-05-2007 at 12:08 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Speaking of pet peeves, there's a guy that works in my building that bugs the crap out of me. He just hangs out at my desk, chit-chatting about stupid crap and keeping me from getting work done. He also eats the candy out of my dish and drinks the coffee in my lounge. He doesn't even work for us, he works for the university's maintenance staff, so it would be difficult to even register a complaint. I can't stand him. He makes me really uncomfortable.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Stargazer, you need to work on your "look" . I have one really cold-eyed, tight lipped, slightly flared-nostril, with just a hint of sneer look that seems to scare people I really don't want to talk to - seriously. I just gaze at them with the "look" on my face while they keep talking, and gradually the chit-chat stutters to a halt, they get a rather perplexed, slightly frightened look on their face, they walk away, and eventually stop talking to me altogether. Ahhh, the freedom.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2314965;
    Speaking of pet peeves, there's a guy that works in my building that bugs the crap out of me. He just hangs out at my desk, chit-chatting about stupid crap and keeping me from getting work done. He also eats the candy out of my dish and drinks the coffee in my lounge. He doesn't even work for us, he works for the university's maintenance staff, so it would be difficult to even register a complaint. I can't stand him. He makes me really uncomfortable.
    Can you ask in a joking way if he realizes he's taking his life in his own hands by touching your candy? Everyone in my family knows not to touch any chocolate that's mine. And it may not be limited to my family come to think of it.

Or maybe just tell him next time he comes it's his turn to bring some candy to help fill up the candy dish.

Isn't there anyone who could give him a strong hint? Or could you lock the door? Or post a sign "employees only"? My officemate and I have been known to hide the candy and not make coffee and then be extremely too busy to talk.

I know it is different since it is a work situation, but you reminded me of story. A few years ago when we were living in a very isolated, poor mining town in Peru, a lot of us ex pats would go to Lima every couple of months to shop etc. We got a very reduced company rate at a nice 5 star hotel. Well, one day we decided to play bridge on the top floor in a lounge, close to an elevator. The hotel staff knew us well by that point, and kindly brought up complimentary coffee and set out a table of goodies next to us. So, this guy gets off the elevator, wanders into the room, and starts rifling through the cookies and taking everything chocolate. We all stopped talking and sat in silence just staring at each other. As he was walking out the door, my friend who is 54 (and I am starting to laugh just typing this) yells out, "HEY! That freak just stole all our good cookies." The look on her face was priceless. The guy never even turned around.
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 04-05-2007 at 04:19 PM.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2313811;
    I do too. I don't want my dentist to find that chunk of stuck beef jerky, I want him to think I actually take cae of my teeth...
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who does. I always brush and floss. I also floss everyday and use a tongue scraper. My dentist always compliments me on my teeth and I always want to tell her that I just brushed.

I always brush and floss before the dentist...I thought everyone did!

man, it is SO nice outside! It's sunny, blue skies, and in the mid 70's! I had to fill my dog's pool up so he could splash around when he's outside. Perfect day for a bbq!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

+ Reply to Thread