+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Crap! I just spilled nail polish, red nail polish, on my couch. Anybody know what will take it off?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Does anyone else brush and floss their teeth before the go to the dentist? I do and I don't know why. I don't wash and style my hair before going to the salon. Why do I feel the need to impress the dentist when I'm going to get my teeth cleaned?

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2313802;
    Does anyone else brush and floss their teeth before the go to the dentist? I do and I don't know why. I don't wash and style my hair before going to the salon. Why do I feel the need to impress the dentist when I'm going to get my teeth cleaned?

I do too. I don't want my dentist to find that chunk of stuck beef jerky, I want him to think I actually take cae of my teeth...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2313623;
    Crap! I just spilled nail polish, red nail polish, on my couch. Anybody know what will take it off?
    From How to Get Rid of Nail Polish Stains
    Method 1: Hair Spray

1. Using a blunt edge (like that of a non-serrated butter knife or spoon), gently scrape up any excess from the surface .
    2. Saturate the dried nail polish with hair spray and let it sit for a few minutes.
    3. Gently scrub the stain with a soft-bristled toothbrush until the bulk of the stain has been loosened/removed. Then blot as much up as you can.
    4. Apply a spot-cleaner/stain stick to the remaining stain, following the directions on the bottle, and then launder normally.
    My son has a carpet cleaning business and has told me about this trick before, at least for carpet.

Wow, Unk, I've never heard that before, and it's fascinating to think hairspray could help. Let us know, Lil, how things turn out for you.

About the dentist, I love the feeling of freshly flossed teeth, and am somthing of a flossing freak. I can't go to bed until I've done the deed. ETA: Er, ah, I meant I can't go to bed until I've flossed. *ahem*
    Last edited by roseskid; 04-05-2007 at 12:30 AM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I'm one of those that never flosses unless I have something stuck in my teeth!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2313623;
    Would using nail polish remover do any good? I don't know what color or kind of material your couch is, so it may leave an even worse looking stain.

One time one of my angels took a Sharpie pen and was coloring on paper on my living room couch (very formal, very expensive, and very new....ugh!) and she managed to not only color on her paper, but also the couch. I didn't realize it until about 7:45 that night. She had done it around 3-4 in the afternoon. I called up the company that cleaned my carpets and furniture and they sent a guy out first thing the next morning who worked magic and got the marker stain out of the couch!

Good luck!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2313802;
    My dentist office hands you a disposable, preloaded toothbrush and directs you to the bathroom before you get seated in his chair. I always brush my teeth before I go to the dentist and then again when I get there. But after talking to others that have similar dentists that ask you to brush before you go in the chair, I think they are tired of people that don't.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I brush before I go. After all, if I were a dentist, I wouldn't want to be sticking my face in someone's mouth if they didn't brush, have bad breath, etc.

Wait a minute - I wouldn't EVER want to stick my face in someone's mouth. It doesn't matter if their teeth are clean, dirty, have stuff stuck in between them or whatever. You couldn't pay me enough.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2314373;
    I brush before I go. After all, if I were a dentist, I wouldn't want to be sticking my face in someone's mouth if they didn't brush, have bad breath, etc.

Wait a minute - I wouldn't EVER want to stick my face in someone's mouth. It doesn't matter if their teeth are clean, dirty, have stuff stuck in between them or whatever. You couldn't pay me enough.

I used to work for a OB/GYN, we had a patient that was a dentist and our RN said to me one day after we had seen her: "I couldn't do that. I could NOT deal with peoples nasty mouths all day." I just looked at her and said: "And that's worse than what we deal with how????"
    At least working in a dentist office, the patients can't talk to you much.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread