+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6764Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2306578;
    Be careful what you post on the internet. As a result of something that I posted here on FoRT a couple of months ago, I am facing either a $270,000 fine or jail time, and substantial legal fees. It all started with a post that I made about jay-walking on a near-daily basis. It turns out that the County Sheriff's Department monitors this website, primarily for people trying to solicit minors, but they are also authorized to act on any other information that they glean. After investigating, they determined that I've lived in this county for 25 years, which is over 9,000 infractions at $30 a pop.

As a result, you won't be seeing me here for a while, unless I'm allowed internet privleges in prison. My ex is going to look after my stuff while I'm away, but since I'll have no income (well, I guess I can earn something like $1.25 a day stamping license plates) I'll likely lose everything.

DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES THAT I MADE!!
    Happy April Fool's Day to you TOO! I hope that's a joke, otherwise I'll miss you.........A LOT!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2306791;
    I could watch that show always. It's been what 20 years since they were done? oh my God time is flying right past me.
    That show and Designing women are two of my all time favorites.

Yeah, we had the thespian/lesbian thing here as I don't hear well and of course it was me that misheard them say that.

My family rolls with laughter at my many misheard song lyrics. Some make perfect sense. Others not so much which is why I get confused by some songs.

And it did make perfect sense to me that Huey Lewis would sing that the "Heart of Rock and Roll was in Topeka".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2308145;
    And it did make perfect sense to me that Huey Lewis would sing that the "Heart of Rock and Roll was in Topeka".

I've lived there, and I can guarantee you the Heart of Rock and Roll is not in Topeka!! But I will forever sing it that way when I hear that song from now on! Too funny!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2308293;

I've lived there, and I can guarantee you the Heart of Rock and Roll is not in Topeka!! But I will forever sing it that way when I hear that song from now on! Too funny!
    WEll I used to wonder if I was missing something about Topeka as it didn't seem like it would be a rocking town, but as I had never been there, I wasn't sure of that and if he thought it was, then ok by me, I'd go along with it being the heart of rock and roll.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Just read an interesting article about restaurants, tipping, food that they serve, etc. Talk about "things that make you go hmmmm...." If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll send you the link.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2308427;
    Just read an interesting article about restaurants, tipping, food that they serve, etc. Talk about "things that make you go hmmmm...." If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll send you the link.

Great article prhoshay. Thanks for sharing it with me.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

MRD
    I have not been feeling well the last week or so and haven't really been anywhere. Today my daughter and I got out and my GOSH, its GORGEOUS here. The azaleas, dogwood and other things are just busting out in blooms.
    I have never seen such beautiful flowers. I LOVE spring. We never had it like this in Florida. Everything is just lush and green and the flowers are such beautiful and intense colors. Made me feel better to get out and about in mother nature in all her glory.
    So anyone else having a beautiful spring?
    I am so glad we moved someplace that has actual seasons. This is just awesome. I am enjoying it very much.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    I take it you do not suffer from seasonal allergies then, myrosiedog? Lucky you... because while the weather is glorious and spring fever is in full effect around here, I can't seem to enjoy a day of it since everything in the world is blooming at once, making for one heck of a bad allergy season! They did a news report on it and said this could be the worst spring (for allergy sufferers) we've seen in a long long while due to the unseasonably warm temps causing all the budding and blooming to happen in a much shorter period of time, rather than staggered throughout a few months like a normal spring.

I'm glad you are feeling better and getting to enjoy the beaty of a pretty spring day. I'm just jealous and wish I could enjoy it, too! Don't mind my negativity!

remote goddess, I'm going to once again recommend (even though I know people must be getting tired of my recommendations) bee pollen capsules for allergies - and I do recommend the gel capsules rather than the formed pills, they work better. I start taking them in March, as soon as the crocuses come up, through to October, once the 'mums are dead, and they've made spring a pleasure for me again.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2308903;
    I take it you do not suffer from seasonal allergies then, myrosiedog? Lucky you... because while the weather is glorious and spring fever is in full effect around here, I can't seem to enjoy a day of it since everything in the world is blooming at once, making for one heck of a bad allergy season! They did a news report on it and said this could be the worst spring (for allergy sufferers) we've seen in a long long while due to the unseasonably warm temps causing all the budding and blooming to happen in a much shorter period of time, rather than staggered throughout a few months like a normal spring.

I'm glad you are feeling better and getting to enjoy the beaty of a pretty spring day. I'm just jealous and wish I could enjoy it, too! Don't mind my negativity!
    I am very fortunate to no longer suffer seasonal allergies (years of twice weekly shots). My husband and daughter suffered horribly in Florida, but neither one is having trouble here, which is weird as there is SO much more in bloom here than there. They have actually been able to breathe and my husband's sense of smell has returned since we moved here. Both are amazed, but not complaining at the lack of allergies.

I'm sorry to hear you suffer. I do know what its like and it is not pleasant. But now that I don't have them, its nice.
    Take care of yourself and I hope you get over the stuffiness and sneezing, etc. soon. Have you ever explored allergy shots? It has made a WORLD of difference in me as I was allergic to everything in the world and not just seasonal stuff. Now I am just allergic to cats only.

+ Reply to Thread