+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2296710;
    Did anyone miss me?
    But of course!

I love the self check out lanes. They're almost always empty in our stores and I can get in and out of there super fast.

The incident I was talking about was annoying 'cause I had about $300 worth of groceries (for a get together this weekend where I did all the cooking--and incidentally, I managed not to kill anyone with my cooking! ) and it was a ton of stuff to sort through. I also don't appreciate it when the employees stare at you and watch you work but don't offer to help, when they have NOTHING else to do. (After I weeded through the groceries from the customer behind me and she got her goods, there was no one in our line during the time I was bagging and carting my stuff.) So yeah, if you're busy, no problem. But if there are no other customers, how about helping the one still there?

We've got a couple other grocery store chains that I go to that employ a lot of mentally challenged folks as baggers. I've not had a problem with any of them--they bag the groceries really well. It seems like they enjoy their work, so I hope they're paid well for their services.

Now I know that the stores with memberships (Costco, Sam's) are considered discount stores. And Aldi's is a discount grocery store where shoppers bag their own stuff. But is Super Target considered a discount store? If so, they need to lower their prices to Aldi level and then everyone wins!

Marley, I've experienced the groceries piling up at the end to the point where they flop over the edge and onto the floor... Cleanup in Lois Lane's aisle!
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 03-25-2007 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2296710;
    BTW, I have been unable to get internet for almost 3 days!!! The withdrawal has been terrible. Did anyone miss me?
    You were missed.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2296327;
    I request plastic for cold and paper for everything else. That way I know what needs to be put away first.
    That is genius! Some days I'm in a hurry and want to leave putting away the rest for later. Now I know how to do it without fishing through every bag.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I like that idea, too! I'll have to remember that one.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't think this merits a whole thread - did anyone watch Planet Earth on Discovery last night? The photography was breathtaking. And in hi-def, - I got vertigo a couple of times.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    You should start a thread on "non-reality" TV... although it is reality, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2297514;
    I don't think this merits a whole thread - did anyone watch Planet Earth on Discovery last night? The photography was breathtaking. And in hi-def, - I got vertigo a couple of times.
    I saw it. It was STUNNING! Did you coo over all the baby bears/pandas etc. like I did? The footage of the bat dung...even that was cool (in a creepy disgusting way)!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2296327;
    I've never had a problem and I request plastic for cold and paper for everything else. That way I know what needs to be put away first. Plus I reuse both and hate to run out of either.
    I'm afraid I would end up with a lot of still full paper bags sitting on my table if I did that. but then, I'm like that with cans of stuff now.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    If you do go to the grocery store and a bagger carries out your groceries, do you tip? I always do, even if it's just a buck or two. My friends and kids think I'm weird, because I guess not many people still tip their baggers. But I tell you what - every darn bagger in that store wants to cart out my groceries. My eggs are never cracked, my bread is always soft and un-smushed, my cold stuff always gets bagged together, and even if I only have one little bag, they'll offer to carry it for me. Weird though it may be, I love getting good service like that, so yes, I will continue to tip!

remote, I usually cart my own groceries out but when I have a TON of stuff, I'll have someone help me and I always tip them. The stores say you're not supposed to tip them but I think when they go the extra mile (which is sometimes literally how far I'm parked away!), a little something extra is nice.

+ Reply to Thread