+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 2429 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243831335331033 ... LastLast
Like Tree5793Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Its VERY hot and humid here, GingerLVNV. In the 90's..we're getting Texas's
    heatwave they say. Hope your weekend has been a good one!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    Speaking of dinners and bosses....my boss gave me a dinner out with my b/f for my birthday. He didn't give me a gift certificate but said, go out to dinner on me and bring me the receipt for reimbursement. Well, I am agonizing over where to go, how much (or how little) to spend, etc. I mean, I don't want to take advantage of him but it is a birthday present and my boss is well...sort of "well off", and I know he doesn't mean for us to get McDonald's or even Chili's/Applebee's/TGIF's...I am thinking he means a "real nice" restaurant, one I wouldn't go to all the time, but one to celebrate my bday. Anyway, since I was so worried about it, I asked a friend, what should I do and she says, just ask him. I was horrified at first but hey, how else will I know. So I did, and he said, just go anywhere you want, spend what you want, but don't go crazy and buy the Dom Perignon at $250 a bottle or anything but have a nice time.

I think we are going to go here. http://www.coolrivercafe.com/Austin/
    Edited to add - I found out they are closed on Sundays. Oh well!
    Help - for some reason I cannot access this site now. Is it just me or can someone else access it? I just wanted to find out when the restaurant closes tonight. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by PGM35; 07-16-2006 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    Edited to add - I found out they are closed on Sundays. Oh well!
    Help - for some reason I cannot access this site now. Is it just me or can someone else access it? I just wanted to find out when the restaurant closes tonight. Thanks in advance!
    http://www.opentable.com/rest_profile.aspx?rid=4969

try this link to open table
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Okay, I compared the nutrition labels today with Skippy Natural PB (the one that says you don't have to stir it) and Skippy Regular PB and the sugar was the same (both had 3g per serving - serving size is the same). Am I missing something?

Ewww. the heat today just killed me. I can't stand it this hot and of course my ac is acting up.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    Okay, I compared the nutrition labels today with Skippy Natural PB (the one that says you don't have to stir it) and Skippy Regular PB and the sugar was the same (both had 3g per serving - serving size is the same). Am I missing something?
    That's interesting. I didn't compare the label on the "natural" Skippy with the regular, once I saw that the natural had sugar in it I put it back on the shelf. This just shows the importance of reading labels.

There was a detailed, wonderful special about Rod Serling on a San Diego channel tonight covering his entrance into television, and the walls he had to break down in order to cover some of his controversial subjects for the early 60's. I loved The Twilight Zone and Night Gallery (which the critics hated), and thought he was a creative genius. There was a group of us that gathered every night Night Gallery aired (Saturdays?) to watch it together. In my eyes, he was right up there with the Beatles. He died much too young. Did anyone else happen to catch the show?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    My goodness.

Wholesomewear presents:

Culotte swimmer

Skirted swimmer

Slimming swimmer

The Washington Post's Robin Givhan introduces us to this mishmash of nylon and bulky zippers, which targets women looking for modest beachwear and husbands interested in hiding all hints of their wives' womanly curves. The getup consists of a wet-suit underlayer covered by a slightly glamorized potato sack (available in the full spectrum of '80s-worthy neon colors), which helpfully negates any practicality and ease of movement one might associate with a wet suit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...071301845.html

Yes, these are supposed to be bathing suits. As many body issues as one may have, i wouldn't be caught dead with this. It capitalizes on insecurities.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    I lived for Twilight Zone when I was younger. Many years later I used the whole Twilight Zone concept for a TV short. Seemed to work for the topic.

http://www.alongtheway.org/c4

The video requires QuickTime to view and is a large file so be patient.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Amy Lee, I'd just as soon wear one of these if I felt the need to be that covered, and they're from 1918!

Much cuter if you ask me!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread