+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20796Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Our local McDonalds sent out a sheet of coupons in the mail with several BOGO offers so I thought I’d treat my neighbor. When we placed the order at the drive-thru and I specified the coupon, her response was, “$XX.XX until I see your coupon.” That seemed a little rude to me. For one thing, I like to have the correct change if I know how much it is, but it also implies that I may or may not have a coupon.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Our local McDonalds sent out a sheet of coupons in the mail with several BOGO offers so I thought I’d treat my neighbor. When we placed the order at the drive-thru and I specified the coupon, her response was, “$XX.XX until I see your coupon.” That seemed a little rude to me. For one thing, I like to have the correct change if I know how much it is, but it also implies that I may or may not have a coupon.
    Maybe she couldn't calculate how much it would be until she used the coupon code? Hopefully that's what she meant but didn't know how to convey it nicely!
    Gutmutter likes this.

This woman who is the co-chair of my volunteer committee is such an a$$ hat to me via email. She's so warm and enthusiastic to other emails, or she ignores them...but when I say anything in email...she is so terse. She replied to an email with me starting it with 'woo hoo!' and she wrote this to me:

Savannah we are waiting for a lot of receipts to come in, outside the Dinner for Dreamers. Please stay within the given budget and if we have room then we'll revert back to you later this week.

Thanks,
    Jena

Like, what's her beef with me?
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

First of all - what does revert mean in this context? Have you sent her all your receipts for whatever? Did you stick your tongue out at her? or flip dirt on her during the cleanup? Maybe she doesn't like bubbles. Her loss.
    beerbelly likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I was just asking how we did on our last workshop at the homeless shelter. Because I'm planning our end of year party and just wanted to see if I have extra funds...FOR THE HOMELESS SHELTER!! I don't know why she is so snappy the turtle with me.

Ha!! Maybe my bubbly personality tickles her nose!!

Funny, another woman at the League forgot to invite me to her party - which I just thought was an oversight. No problem. My friend Kelly texted her to say 'you forgot to invite Savannah'. She sent the evite...but of course I didn't write it down and I had a rough week with my mom, so I forgot about it. My friend Kelly went and the hostess asked if I was coming. Kelly said 'no' and this chicka said....'after all that?'

Wow, just wow. Look at me making enemies!!!
    Arielflies, momrek06 and navybelle like this.
    - Virginia Woolf

beer, like Ariel .... I don’t understand her email. It does not appear to make any sense at all.

And the “woo hoo” comment ..... what happened to simply saying “hello” or “good morning” but “woo hoo” ???

beer.......editing........and smh about this lady. Geez. Rude.
    beerbelly likes this.
    KAREN

Thank you!

The 'woo hoo' was all me. Because another lady was asking for food donations for the party. And I'm just super enthusiastic. I just can't help it!!!

And her emails are a pattern of condescension. She's always saying 'no' to my ideas. And it's sad because I REALLY liked her in the beginning...actually, I still like her. I just don't get her negativity. It makes me feel less like doing more with the Committee. Not with the kids, but it ruins my enthusiasm for doing stuff for the group.
    momrek06 likes this.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Thank you!

The 'woo hoo' was all me. Because another lady was asking for food donations for the party. And I'm just super enthusiastic. I just can't help it!!!

And her emails are a pattern of condescension. She's always saying 'no' to my ideas. And it's sad because I REALLY liked her in the beginning...actually, I still like her. I just don't get her negativity. It makes me feel less like doing more with the Committee. Not with the kids, but it ruins my enthusiasm for doing stuff for the group.
    Ohhhhh ok beer......I thought she was (basically) whistling at you as vs addressing you by your name or with a ‘good morning’!!!!

I bet it does (ruin your enthusiasm) .....

Have you ‘heard’ anything from anyone that Jena might not like you?

The comment to Kelly about “after all that” ..... smh
    KAREN

I haven't heard anything...but I'm new to the Committee.

No idea why she is so cold to me.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Do you live in Northeast Ohio? I'm asking because our McDonalds does the same thing. I'm guessing that's a directive from their management. If we go through the drive-thru, they'll tell us to disregard the dollar amount displaying on the drive-thru screen because the cashier will make the adjustment once she sees our coupon. I'm guessing they must have had problems in the past with customers giving them expired coupons or friends of the cashier getting a BOGO deal from their cashier buddy without a coupon to back it up.

2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

+ Reply to Thread