+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6257Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I got choked on my laughter when I read your post!! Talk about getting what you ask for!!! Lesson learned!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Dude, Goodwill is a goldmine if you just wait and search. Today I found a Dooney and Burke purse for $4.99 and a Louis Vuitton purse for $1.99.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by William13;2294093;
    Back in the days before the powers that be decided that pet peeves were not significant enough to merit their own thread I mentioned in that thread how my workplace was kept frigid all winter because the air conditioner was kept running full blast. My miniature office, in particular mimicked arctic conditions because of a vent above my head creating its own wind chill. At one point, the president of our company got some maintenance people to look at the problem. After the maintenance departmentís efforts, the president made a point of explaining what the problem was and how it had been fixed. As usual with our company president it was a case of ďIím Ok, I donít care about youĒ. The temperature in his office was comfortable. The vent above my office was more determined than ever to cool the entire building. The frigid blast was so strong that I almost had to strap myself into my chair. Now I donít know if someone had been in to look at the system, but suddenly on Monday (the last day of winter) there was actually heat in my office. The arctic breeze had been replaced by a moderately warm wind. On Tuesday (the first day of spring) the system had upped the ante. When I first entered my office my first thought was that someone must have used my office for baking cookies. Anyone homesick for the Sahara would have welcomed the opportunity to sit in my office. As I sat at my desk I was actually perspiring from the heat. Eventually the heat dissipated through the building and my office became more tolerable. All winter I kept a space heater beside my desk. I was wondering if I would be using it all summer. Now it looks as if I may be requiring an industrial strength fan.
    At least you can keep your sense of humor, William, and I love the way you word things. However, I empathize because I know your pain all too well. I'm not sure whose great idea it is to put one thermostat in office buildings where some offices have windows that get sun beaming in all day, and other offices are practically cave-like in darkness and therefore naturally cooler. It's completely illogical to think that one thermostat can adapt to completely different conditions. In the past I've resigned to having a fan and a floor heater to try to keep comfortable. Good luck.

SuperBrat, that's awesome. One of my sisters-in-law is a terrific bargain hunter at second-hand stores, and has found some great, almost new designer bags and suits at ridiculously low prices that are just beautiful.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2294572;
    Dude, Goodwill is a goldmine if you just wait and search. Today I found a Dooney and Burke purse for $4.99 and a Louis Vuitton purse for $1.99.

That reminds me, one is being set up in the main shopping area of where i live.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2294572;
    I think you must be the person who always gets to the secondhand stores and yard sales right before I arrive to never, ever, get anything good. My sister is always getting the cool stuff; when I go it's used granny panties and stained baby clothes!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I have a quick question on wedding shower etiquette. I'm invited to one today, I ordered a gift from the registry online and had it shipped to the couple. Is that right? Am I supposed to have a gift to take with me?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

You did fine, Lucy.
    By the way, Strict etiquette mavens will say that wedding gifts should not be taken on the wedding day, but delivered to the home beforehand. (I am not saying not take a gift to a wedding, I am just relaying what the Emily Post-types would say.)

Must.learn.to.read.posts.bette r. I just realized it said wedding shower. It is probably still okay. Are you attending the shower? Did you ship it gift wrapped?
    Last edited by anemone; 03-24-2007 at 10:31 AM.

Lucy, it's been a while since I've been to a wedding shower, but the last time I did I noticed several people who had ordered online, brought a card with a picture of the gift (like from the website) enclosed.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Yes, I'm attending the shower. No, I didn't pay the extra $7 for a gift box. And the shower is today.

After I posted I looked up the etiquette online, and I should take *something*. She's also registered at Target. So I'm going to stop there, and either find another gift, and consider the first one a wedding present, or get a card and write in it that her gift is being shipped.

I'm hopeless at showers. A few years ago I was going to a shower and stopped at the only store in my area where she (who was from out of town) had registered. I bought the coolest thing (in my mind) on her list -- boxing gloves. I got to the shower to discover it was a linen shower.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Lucy, just think...Your gift, by far, was the most memorable! I got a couple of water pistols, from my niece, and that was pretty cool! The idea behind them was that, when we got into an argument, that was as serious as it was supposed to get.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread