+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20682Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I’m going to watch my mom the first week of May. She’s 85 having a knee replacement.
    Count your blessings!

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

Gut - thank you for your kind thoughts. I know that being there for their procedures is important. You may butt heads, but overall it is good to see that they are as comfortable as they can be throughout the process.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

When at sea, on a cruise, there is no telephone reception so I did not get the news for two days that my brother-in-law had died on the day I left. He was the president of Sunset Scavengers (San Francisco garbage collection company) from 1965 to 1983. He was the oldest of seven siblings and my husband was the youngest. This leaves one sibling left alive, my brother-in-law Al, and he is so distraught, having lost my husband last year and now Lenny. The services will be this Wednesday at St. Steven's in The City with reception following at The Olympic Club, a prestigious golf course and club where he had been a member for years. My youngest son will be in Las Vegas on business, but my oldest son will go with me. Both sons are golf nuts and loved Lenny because he took them golfing with him a few times at The Olympic Club, where you can't golf without a member. Both of them worked as caddies there when they were teens.

But this sad news was tempered with very happy news that I got when we sailed into San Francisco. My grandson proposed to his girlfriend of 5 years. He 'put a ring on it'!! They are at Coachella music festival near Palm Springs where they go every year to see her favorite, Beyoncé! He was going to do it when Beyoncé sang "Put a Ring on It", but decided instead to do it during the day on a big grassy field so it could be filmed by friends and Face-Timed for both sets of parents. All around them were concert goers who, when they noticed what was happening, clapped and cheered for them! I cry with happiness for them when I watch the video (over and over)!

So, as one generation is dying off, the next is just starting on their life adventure. And so it goes.
    Lynda

So sorry about your brother-in-law. But very happy to hear about your grandson! It's great to look forward to something like a wedding and marriage!!
    Punkin likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Punkin, I don't even know what to say. I'm just so very sorry about all the losses you're having to go through.

Such great news about your grandson, though. Congrats to the happy couple.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Critical: Normally I would say that if you give something to somebody, it's up to them to decide what to do with it. However, in this case since you gave costly items to what you felt was a charitable cause with the understanding that they would be used for that purpose, and the recipient did send you a massage asking if it was ok that they gave some away to a family member, I think it would be ok for you to express your regret that the items were used for another purpose and to ask that the remaining supplies not be used for any other purpose except for the charity. I wouldn't be nasty about it, just try to say in a nice way don't do it again.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Critical, beer, AZ, OMG....I am so sorry to read of so many health and medical issues.

beer, I pray MOM is doing well.

Critical, is DAD ok now? Back home and feeling fine? I pray.

AZ, oh my Lord, you must have been worried sick BUT I am so glad to read your update and hubby is doing well.
    Scary for ALL.

Punkin, I am so sad to read of your BIL's passing. Was he even ill?
    CONGRATS to your grandson on his engagement!!! Woot Woot!!! Yes absolutely, 5 years .... "put a ring on it"!!!

Critical, I have a 2 year old. I get her stickers by the 1000's at the DOLLAR STORE. Sheets and sheets all for ONE DOLLAR.

Truthfully, not to be a bi&ch but that was WRONG giving a 2 yo those very pricey stickers. WRONG. PERIOD.

And as you posted, I would DEF mention it to her. I know you are a bit hesitate but like others posted, when she TOLD you what she had done, she KNEW it was wrong. ugh.
    Punkin and AZChristian like this.
    KAREN

I look at the Critical situation this way: If you give a friend $50 and ask them to donate it to a charity in which the friend is involved, and then the friend spends part of the money rather than donate it, it is stealing. How is this any different? The friend is a thief.
    Punkin, Brooks, momrek06 and 2 others like this.
    I am one step away from being rich. All I need now is money

My niece (or more likely my sister) just sent out wedding invitations and my daughter sent me a full-on RANT that hers was sent to Mr. and Mrs. her husnand’s Name. She did not take his name. Do I alert my sister or let it lie?
    Count your blessings!

I vote let it lie. Your daughter can correct her relatives if she wishes to.

+ Reply to Thread