+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6169Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I remember seeing Heloise on tv years ago saying when she had her house built (in Texas), she make the workers pour #50 bags of borax into the walls at the foundation. They thought she was crazy, but she claimed she has had not one roach in her home.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2292588;
    When I lived in CA, I found out we had ants living in the wall sockets. The plugs kept falling out of the wall and we took one of the plates off and there was a colony all among the wiring. We got rid of them but we never would have thought that ants would take up residence in such a spot. I think I remember the pest control person saying the ants were attracted by the warmth in the wiring.

In GA, we have the dreaded fire ants. Even one bite hurts like crazy.
    we had those in florida. they swarm on you and then all bite at the same time before you know you've got them on you. My daughter got bitten severely when she was 3 and had an allergic reaction. We had to take her to the ER, And a woman in a nursing home in the town we lived in was bitten in her bed and ended up dying. The nursing home was sued for neglect as well they should as no one checked on her to see if she was ok.
    Those buggers are horrible. And you can't get rid of them. They keep coming back

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2291877;
    Oh, that reminds me of a time back in highschool... One day at lunch (this is back when highschools still had open campus for lunch and we could leave for an hour) .
    those were the days!!!! LOVED leaving for lunch and having a whole hour to eat it.
    Last edited by MRD; 03-23-2007 at 09:20 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Maybe we should have a bug and varmant thread?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    pet peeve: when you tell your co-worker what your vacation will be because hubby had to put in for it (I don't, I just tell him a week or two before and he doesn't say anything) and she has a fit....."Well, I was going to take that week." Sorry, you waited to long. Not my fault if you don't get your reservations for another week (which by the way, she hasn't even started looking for but wants to complain b/c that is the week she wanted). But I'm not changing
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Back in the days before the powers that be decided that pet peeves were not significant enough to merit their own thread I mentioned in that thread how my workplace was kept frigid all winter because the air conditioner was kept running full blast. My miniature office, in particular mimicked arctic conditions because of a vent above my head creating its own wind chill. At one point, the president of our company got some maintenance people to look at the problem. After the maintenance department’s efforts, the president made a point of explaining what the problem was and how it had been fixed. As usual with our company president it was a case of “I’m Ok, I don’t care about you”. The temperature in his office was comfortable. The vent above my office was more determined than ever to cool the entire building. The frigid blast was so strong that I almost had to strap myself into my chair. Now I don’t know if someone had been in to look at the system, but suddenly on Monday (the last day of winter) there was actually heat in my office. The arctic breeze had been replaced by a moderately warm wind. On Tuesday (the first day of spring) the system had upped the ante. When I first entered my office my first thought was that someone must have used my office for baking cookies. Anyone homesick for the Sahara would have welcomed the opportunity to sit in my office. As I sat at my desk I was actually perspiring from the heat. Eventually the heat dissipated through the building and my office became more tolerable. All winter I kept a space heater beside my desk. I was wondering if I would be using it all summer. Now it looks as if I may be requiring an industrial strength fan.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2294007;
    pet peeve: when you tell your co-worker what your vacation will be because hubby had to put in for it (I don't, I just tell him a week or two before and he doesn't say anything) and she has a fit....."Well, I was going to take that week." Sorry, you waited to long. Not my fault if you don't get your reservations for another week (which by the way, she hasn't even started looking for but wants to complain b/c that is the week she wanted). But I'm not changing
    combatcutie - I pm'd you about a similar problem like this I had once at work with a co-worker. She had chosen a week to take off for vacation, and I, at the same time, was trying to make reservations at the beach for a cottage. Just so happened, the week that was open that particular month was the same week. The boss ok'd it, and said for us BOTH to go the same week..all was fine. When she caught wind of this, she talked behind my back to several of my own family members as well as co-workers, and just threw a royal fit. She thought she had seniority, and thought that made her opinion the final opinion. She was told that the boss did not run his office by seniority, and she still argued that my taking the same week was not right!
    What did she care?? The boss didn't care. Don't let co-workers try to make you feel guilty, combatcutie.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    You both got the week off, and she was still unhappy?? What a whiny idiot!! Some people just love to keep drama going.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yes! We both got the week off..ok'd by the boss. She still had the nerve to whine around and talk behind my back. I explained to her that week was the only one I could get at the cottage we wanted,(and we were doing WELL to get that week, because cottages usually book way in advance) but it made no difference. After a while, I thought.."oh, well..if she still wants to whine around after the boss said it was ok, that's her problem". Some people you just cannot please no matter what you do.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Back at post #3224 Krom told of a person who ordered a bacon cheeseburger at Wendy's but didn't want the cheese-just the bacon. Here's my cheeseburger story...

Well, a few years ago we were eating at Village Inn and ordered my son a "plain" cheeseburger. We got a "plain" cheeseburger alright-NO CHEESE!

When I asked where the cheese was the waitress honestly thought that a plain cheeseburger was without cheese. Now, where I am from a plain cheeseburger is no condiments or veggies.

And then, she brings us a slice of cheese out on a plate. We just kept it because it had taken forever to get our order anyway. And we have been back and had better luck but we find ourselves specifically telling the servers what we mean by "plain."

I ordered a "plain, old hamburger" from McDonald's once and got… a plain hamburger. It took me a minute to realize they thought I meant I didn't want anything on it, when what I meant was I just wanted a hamburger - no fries, pop, etc.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread